You cannot want spirit/nurse nerfed but not survivors.

2»

Comments

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,440

I agree, my point of this thread is to point out the hypocrisy of people who say that it shouldn't be.

• Reinami

My philosophy is that the game should be balanced around high level players in general i think what you say about nurse is true. I'm a nurse main, and i generally 4k more than 90% of may games. I think she needs a complete rework. But i also think that this game needs to be fixed such that survivors don't completely dominate (with the exception of nurse) at the highest level. My point of this thread is to point out the hypocrisy of the general people who think the game should be balanced around average players. Those same people, will claim that nurse and spirit need nerfs. When, if you follow their logic, nurse actually needs buffs.

• DrewpyCheekz
    DrewpyCheekz Member Posts: 27

survivors don't need a nerf at all. not saying killers do, but the kill rate across the entire game with every killer at all ranks is still like 75%. throw the part of the community that put up with killer's lack of consideration a bone.

• Reinami

That's not what i'm talking about. I'm talking about the top players, the ones who play tournaments. It's pretty clear which side is the dominate one when you look at those.

• Reinami

You can't have it both ways.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

Nurse is the worst killer in the game?!

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

No it's not because they nerfed RUIN (based on high level play) because noobs couldn't overcome it. Nurse was also nerfed (based on extremely high level play) while also locking out noobs from learning her.

Ruin was NERFED (survivor buff) based on CASUALS not being able to git gud and Nurse was NERFED based around the top .01% of play.

• Shooby
    Shooby Member Posts: 226

I honestly have no idea what you're getting at. I was interested in talking about whether Nurse is balanced properly.

If you want to talk about Ruin so much, you should at least admit it is much more balanced now after its rework, not nerf...

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Hey I'm not trying to call you out or devalue your post by any means, but I thought you were someone who advocated for Nurse nerfs as a Nurse player because you really did think she was too strong. I could be wrong and have you mistaken for someone else, but if not I'm curious on why the change of heart?

Again not trying to call you out or anything I'm literally a Nurse main myself. Just curious.

• Reinami

You didn't read me post very clearly did you? I'm calling out the hypocrisy on this board. Whenever someone talks about how survivors at the highest level, as proven by tournament play and depip squads, are far more powerful than killers are, the response is always "We shouldn't balance the game around high level, those are really rare". So, i'm stating that by that logic, if we balance the game for average players, then we need to look at the stats, and based on that nurse is the worst killer in the game and needs buffs.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

Literally who has been asking for Nurse nerfs lately?

My problem with Spirit is that she takes so much less effort to get good with and be absolutely oppressive and that feels insulting to people who put time and effort into mastering Nurse. Don't get me wrong, Spirit still requires good tracking but compared to Nurse she's infinitely more easy and that's why people use her.

She doesn't need major nerfing but her add-ons are broken (Namely the decreased Phase Activation time ones). I believe she could receive minor changes and still be S tier but my god something needs to be addressed about her because she isn't fun or engaging to play against

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

That'll kill her.

Longer cd? you tryna make her a legion 2.0?

Faster in phase? You tryna make her like blight?

Bring back collision? What is this 2019?!

Ways to tell when phasing? Bring a flashlight and shine it on her phase. you stop her from phasing literally if you blind her

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited July 2021

Spirit is fine the way she is, add-ons and all. People refuse to change their playstyle based on which killer they're facing, then cry the killer was oppressive or boring/unfun.

Personally I love going against good Nurses and Spirits because you have to actually think about what you're doing and stay ready to run or hide at a moment's notice. And every chase is more involved than simply running in circles around a pallet until you throw it and run to the next pallet to run circles around.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Her power is unique in a way. thats why..

Touching Anything in her kit would hurt her..

and no. i don't like playing spirit due to me preferring blight than others,

i just don't want to see posts like this in general because of how bad it can hurt a killer.

Just one small change is a huge difference, and this is Behavior we're talking about.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Yea that's not what I meant though.

I do agree with your post, but I wouldn't want to give the impression that I don't by questioning you further. So I won't. Maybe some other time.