Are flashlights not working?

InnCognito
InnCognito Member Posts: 720

PC platform.

I've been trying different flashlights in the game with Various bulbs, grips, batteries and Yellow, Purple and Green Flashlights. When I use the flashlight in game. I get the "killer blinded" notification sound effect after using the flashlight, but nothing happens now to the survivor being carried.

Each time I look to see if the killer has Lightborn after the match, and nothing. So I have no clue what is up.

Thank you!

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• DirkDiggs24
    DirkDiggs24 Member Posts: 2

I’ve been having the same issues you get the blind but doesn’t drop the survivor.

• InnCognito

Yes, I have been really struggling with flashlight saves after the changes. :(

• Honourful
    Honourful Member Posts: 23

It feels like the flashlight angle is really narrow. Especially on nemesis, where you have to be kissing him to get a save.

• maaadinsomniac
    maaadinsomniac Member Posts: 440

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVME94nVjxo

Watch this video, learn the proper timing, practise with your friends in KYF. It works like a charm, nothing wrong with flashlights.

• IrishRedCap
    IrishRedCap Member Posts: 153

It is likely as others have said a timing issue. I haven't had issues blinding for flashlight saves for fellow survivors but I have noticed both killer sided and survivor sided that console players tend to start the flashlight a little bit early. The blind happens mid-animation of the pick up which won't cause the killer to drop a survivor. They have to have the ability to move (not in animation) for the save to work.

• InnCognito

I never had timing issues until the patching in June then it just seams like it never works anymore. :(

• InnCognito

yeah, something's up. I use to never have this many issues with saves before. I Haven't seen flash light saves be effective since May or so. I have also noticed that are fewer batteries and Low Amp Filaments in the webs too. So no clue...

• Bravobro
    Bravobro Member Posts: 167

The flashlight save also looks very funny as a killer at times. Who it fails. And fails with beginners even more than usual. Everyone else, on the other hand, can do it quite well. Leon's stun grenade, on the other hand, is curious, sometimes I am blinded even though I don't look

• InnCognito

No clue what is going on. But hopefully it gets fixed.