Wraiths are Consistently Toxic for Me...

Gnarly
Gnarly Member Posts: 429

Do players who just pick wraith gravitate towards the typical toxic behaviors? I mean spirit is unfair killer in many ways, but people playing her still have some class.

Toxic Behavior

-Bell Ring Spam

-Hit Survivor While on Hook

-Shake Head in a NO/YES Gesture

-Let you bleed out instead of hooking you.

-Will go out of their way to tunnel you

Just a few things that I always get when against a Wraith...don't know why that's how they be to me.

Comments

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Wraith are usually annoying for me too at rank 11-13. The one last night tunnelled each one individually. I'm glad the wraith is stronger now though

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

This year it was Legion for me.

Years back. Huntress, Myers and Wraith.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Yep. With Freddy being dethroned as one of the easiest Killers to play for high reward by The Wraith, it's no shock the filth has been attracted to Bing Bong. You don't have to be remotely good to stomp most lobbies with him cause of his insane lunge and stealth.

Wraith, Freddy, and Bubba are pretty bottom of the barrel. Spirit takes a ounce more skill, so she is slightly less filled with toxicity but with a dash more sweaty salt.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Same.

Wraith is easily one of the most toxic Killers.

The Twins are probably the only Killer I've faced that is more toxic? But that's a whole other thing.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Awww, okay. 😥

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

As a Wraith main I'm sadly forced to agree. May Wraith players play in a toxic manner. I disagree with them being the most toxic. Slinger and Spirit take that honor in my opinion.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

My motto back in the day was “anything goes with wraith” although now it’s more like “anything goes with trickster”

• Gnarly

I don't hate Wraith players, just I expect a bad time😂. You keep doing you my guy.

• Gnarly

I would never say Wraith needs a nerf, tbh he is in a good spot as of now actually.

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 457

Wraith has the most toxic/abusable build capability that I know of. The purple and pink all seeing add-ons combined with mass slugging are an #########'s delight.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    edited July 2021

Agree wraith became old Freddy, Freddy players used to be toxic ones now it's wraith

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

Not for me. Just since whatever changes, I can't counter them. They just rush up with their improved speed while cloaked, have the add on for no bell noises, decloak and hit me. I feel like it's not something that can be dealt with. I used to see them coming, or hear their pug snorting but it seems like lately they are just completely stealth. I guess I could start using Spine Chill again...

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I don't see those things as toxic at all. But it's just a word so anything can be toxic more or less, depends on who you ask.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Wraith FTW. Love him

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Huntresses for me. To the point where I actually ask myself "should I just DC?" I don't, but it's tempting.

• Gnarly

Toxic as in wanting a reaction out of others mostly over rage. I mean why would he bell ring spam and let me bleed out? He wants a DC or for me to be tilted.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

You tea bag spam me in a chase and then fall over 20seconds later I'm gonna bing bong the bell coz you just got knocked the ######### out

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461

As a wraith main, eh. I know what do to for most of the time when i go against another wraith, but yeah, Wraith is quite begginer friendly, so most people can do dumb ######### and get away with it.

The real challenge is high rank Wraith, god damn it is great to play wraith there, quite a challenge, would reccomend.

• Miles

Also jump scare wraith.

• Gnarly

No mad respect for Red Rank Wraiths who commit to him by choice...those that have no dlc probably fit the lines of being that stereotypical toxic player still, and they just act like butts.

• PissedWraithMain
    PissedWraithMain Member Posts: 93

Sorry, I’ll clean my act up next time.

• Gnarly

Sometimes you can't hear the bell spam😂 cuz the stupid add on.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

well survivors keep tbagging killers, what do you expect?

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Same for me, once I hear the bell "this match is gonna be a boring one"

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

When I hear the bell it demotivates me.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

Nice job discrediting the entirety of human communication. Losing a game is a related concept to players being unnecessarily nasty or taking actions that have no purpose but to mock and grief the other side, but it's not the same thing. I can lose a game and be perfectly okay with how things played out, and I can win a game but still be angry because the players within it did everything in their power to try to make it a negative experience - not by them trying to win the game, but by them deliberately being obnoxious and unsportsmanlike. Take a 4-man escape where we have some good back-and-forths but the survivors made great team plays and do a good job misdirecting me at loops, versus a 4k where everyone runs No Mither and abuses the Breakdown bug so I have to burn 20 minutes gradually bleeding everyone out while they tbag me from their total hook deadzone. (Or for something that's possible now, 4 No Mithers and lag switchers, so it's nearly impossible to hook anyone.) Assuming the intent was the same on both of these games is fallacious. One team was playing fair and the other was playing in bad faith.

Toxicity is absolutely a thing.

People who get angry over losing need to take a breather and learn to accept that the other side is trying to win too. People who get angry over other people trying to make them angry are just human, and people who attempt to defend griefers with garbage like "there's no such thing as toxicity, only how you choose to have an emotional response" need to screw off. Nine times out of ten, they've thrown down their chips there because they take part in that kind of behavior and want to justify it.

• Laluzi

Ah, yes, this fabled maturity in which people magically cease to become angry at anything and achieve a state of total zen with all the ills of the world. Evidently my parents nor grandparents ever got there, but I guess I'll understand when I'm older, right?

I can refrain from throwing a tantrum, ragequitting, or posting an angry rant when I encounter something that upsets me, and I can let go of a frustrating encounter once it's over. That's maturity, yes. That doesn't mean I enjoy encountering people who play like scumbags with the intent of annoying me during my daily recreation, and that doesn't mean I don't feel anything, or have the ability to prevent myself from feeling anything.

Having no emotional response to people aggrieving you doesn't make you mature, it makes you an anomaly. Possibly a sociopath. And while I hate to use the term, ridiculing the target for getting angry at an action targeted to upset them is victim blaming. When someone punches someone else in the dick, you don't say "well, why'd you get hurt, then?" to the man cradling his nuts. Or "why didn't you dodge?" The blame lies on the person who threw the punch, not the victim for having nuts to hit.

Now, people on this forum definitely overreach on what griefing is, and there's the usual hullaballoo about waaaah waaaah camping tunneling mean, but you've got your head stuck pretty far on the opposite end of this issue. When players are deliberately behaving like twats, they don't get a free pass and it's not anyone else's fault for not liking to put up with them.

• Laluzi

Mhm. Because a semi-recreational, semi-competitive multiplayer video game with a playerbase mainly in the late teens and twenties is definitely going to be brimming with professionals.

You have to work with what you have, not some business casual ideal. I have never encountered a gaming community with more than ~25 members that managed to live up to your standards, and tiny communities only remain chill because they lack the kinds of troublemakers that stir the pot and get everyone else angry - or because they're so small that there's no invulnerability in anonymity, and you can't be a dick to random people because there are no random people.

Professionals also typically get paid to behave themselves and put up with obnoxious superiors, clients, and the like. They are also threatened (by job loss, poor PR, etc) if they do not remain outwardly level-headed in these scenarios. That does not make them perfectly tranquil individuals; the same cashier who calmly sits there as a customer slams a biscuit against the counter and yells about how stale it is is still going to get into fights with her boyfriend, have a sobbing meltdown over the kids acting up, and snap at her friends over stress from missed credit card payments. People who are perfectly level-headed in their personal lives are a rarity, and this is a video game, not a nine to five. There is no incentive to keep your emotions to yourself here and there is very little threat for failing to do so (basically, as long as you don't call anyone slurs or start making death threats, you won't get banned for bitching in endgame chat.) Therefore, people are going to express their feelings. Just operating off endgame chats and what people get pissed over, I'm very high on the bell curve for maturity and self-restraint here. But I'm not immune to having emotions, or again, not liking being punched in the dick for someone else's perverse entertainment.

I'm not sure how many times I'm going to have to repeat this. People acting like dicks for the sake of acting like dicks are the problem, not the people who get irritated at people acting like dicks.

• C3Tooth

Its your problem that you die, not my problem that I like stabbing people.

• SirSpringles
    SirSpringles Member Posts: 2

But… I like to ring my bell, I like to play my music to the survivors who can’t appreciate good music.

• Laluzi

I'm not talking about getting killed in a game about killing people, I'm talking about griefing. Facecamping the first survivor you see and not engaging with anyone else, targeting glowing survivors for the event because you don't want them to get a crown, bleeding people out when there is nothing stopping you from hooking them, refusing to end a game, abusing exploits like lag switching or the Deathslinger DC thing or impossible pickup zones, and running scripts. Stuff people do because they're trying to get a reaction out of the other side, not gameplay that's angled with the purpose of winning or enjoying yourself (outside 'enjoying myself because my idea of enjoyment is to see how tilted I can get other players.')

You aren't addressing enough of what I'm saying for me to continue engaging with you. All I'm going to leave you with is that if I'm not correct on the acceptability of behavior because it's subjective, then neither are you, because again, it is subjective and mileage will vary on what's acceptable to do (and therefore ineligible to become upset over) and what is not. If that's your stance, then this entire line of discussion was pointless.

• C3Tooth
  • Zani22
    Zani22 Member Posts: 444

Bell wraith spam..

Sir tell me a time you haven't tried to bong out the Mike mters theme with his power.

Hell if i could do it id be bonging out west Virginia. For lore accuracy.

• Dweet_Unfairfield
    Dweet_Unfairfield Member Posts: 215

Seems like the sweaty low skill Freddies(you know the people I'm talking about) went to our boy Philip due to his ease of play, busted add ons and give Wraith a bad name. While all the decent Freds stayed loyal like General.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Honestly Wraith has always had a bad wrap for these behaviors.

• Gnarly
  • Gnarly

I don't tbag and still get that treatment from Wraiths. I tbag after when ik I'm dead and he head gestured and a weapon swipe while I was on hook earlier.

• Miles

As a matter of fact, freddy's lunge is the same as any other. His weapon model is to small.

• Gnarly

When I play Freddy, ice skating is an accurate description of what happens on my end.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

I don't know why it made the rounds, but it has been said often in the community that the toxic Freddy mains moved onto Wraith once he got a buff and Freddy got a nerf. Personally, I see mostly Huntresses and Bubbas who appear triggered for some reason by a non-bming survivor.

• Gnarly

Bubbas normally come off as idiots or trolls, while Huntress players are looking for clips in their montages. Wraiths are just old Freddy players is what I'm getting from most people😂