What was that one perk you had a hard time letting go of?

2»

Comments

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I love discordance! I flop between that and Surveillance ^^ it is always nice to have a gen location perk so you know where the pressure is.

I always have Bond on and that is usually enough to get healed up quick. However I have been playing with Resurgence and holy crap I love it! If you bring a medkit as well you can get quite a few uses with it combined with Resurgence ^^

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Even so... I still have 1-2 gens pop during first chase so survivors have outplayed me or spawned on gens that weren't blocked

I did run both Bond and Kindred (cause I don't know what else to use to help the way I play)

• FancyMrB

That was when I was still starting out. Pre nerf Balance had it so you didn't stagger or make noise when you fell all the time, and the speed boost was the only part exhausted right?

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259

I agree. BBQ and WGLF is must go for players who like to obtain more bloodpoints. Only change I would make is to get stacks to WGLF from healing someone from dying state to injured to compare it to BBQ. It's easy to get 3 stack to WGLF when game is going good and you can trade hook for someone. That's 3 stacks already. I would make that healing to 1 more stack because flashlight saves is hard for someone who doesn't use flashlights and you can get 1 pallet save in 20 matches if you get lucky.

• FancyMrB

I don't see why giving players the anti stagger would be an issue :< shame they changed it.

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461

Calm spirit and Bloodjound/save the best for last.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

Spine Chill & Adrenaline

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

Inner Strength,

even when ranking up a new character, I always say to myself, this isn't finished until I get Inner Strength, I NEED Inner Strength.

• FancyMrB

Poised is one of those hidden gem perks. The value you get out of it is insane (especially paired with other perks like Iron Will). Its crazy how fast you can lose a survivor when you don't realize the scratch marks have vanished ^^"

• FancyMrB

I have been playing around with totem builds since Counterfource came out and I have learned Inner Strength is much better then I gave it credit for. For some reason I thought it was a one and done perk... im an idiot 😑

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Had? I've been running borrowed time for 3 years. Iron will was it's exclusive companion at one point. It all started with the self care Nerf.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,112

I can't play survivor without Spine Chill.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

Was spine chill. I still hate being the player GF stalks first or Myers tiers up on but I'm more aware of my surroundings and it rarely happens. Right now, I'm stuck on Iron Will and I don't see that changing as the newer survivors and even the old ones (had their volume cranked up) and are obnoxiously loud.

• SPADESinst
    SPADESinst Member Posts: 84

Devour hope...but you got to understand the chance of having the combo of undying and devour hope completely snowball the entire team with 2-1 gens left is so fun. Do I need these perks? No, I'm fine without them but I will use them everytime time I get for the pay of the 50/50 chance it works. (I mainly only use it on lower killers tho)

For survivor? I gotta stop it with fixated. Simply walking around the killer always brings me into tears when it works LOL.

• FancyMrB
  • FancyMrB

I haven't tried Fixated yet. Maybe I will give that go this week!

As for Devour I love playing with it ^^ On of the best balanced perks and it feels so good when you get the exposure up. Gives me shivers hahaha.

• SirSpringles
    SirSpringles Member Posts: 2

Bitter Murmur was the one that I couldn’t let go of until recently, I started to use it less because it didn’t really help me and when I switched it out for an other perk I did quite a bit better.

I still have a perk I can’t let go of; that perk being Overcharge, I simply can’t let go of it, it’s quite useful and does sometimes provide useful information when a survivor returns to a gen that I kicked if they miss the skill check that activates.

I also played mostly Doctor in the past, so it’s probably out of habit.

• cannonballB
    cannonballB Member Posts: 387

I hate playing without Spine Chill. I consider it my "crutch" perk. It's so damn helpful for doing a gen. LOL

• FancyMrB

Spine Chill has to be one of the most powerful perks in the game. It isn't flashy and it doesn't make for clutch plays but the info it gives is crazy. I don't think I will never not use it ^^" Stealth killers are too spooky for me...

And I know that 6% boost isn't much but it still makes me feel good :P

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709

the only time i drop ds is when im trying to run fun builds and then i get reminded why i run ds

• FancyMrB

That is the one meta perk I hardly used... and that is because I am really bad at hitting difficult checks ;_;

It is a very handy perk tho, especially if u get to use it at end game. I understand why so many people love it ^^

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709

before the nerf i felt bad for using it so i never ran it but it seems like tunneling has become a lot more widespread now that its been nerfed

• TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759

Borrowed time... I need to get better at saving survivors without it and my timing. I rely too heavily on just saving a survivor because I know they have 12 seconds to take a hit. Borrowed time is great for anti tunneling but beyond that I think it's a crutch for players who don't know how to unhook successfully.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Tell me about it! We need more perks like these.

It goes really well with the perk that i cannot for the life of me remember the name of... It's the one that fakes going into a locker and leaves no scratch marks. Even more so when you have two lockers side by side :)

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I believe at one point, early in the game's life luck did have a hand in the chest items. I could be wrong, but there is something luck related they removed at some point.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

It was escape chances to get out of Trappers Trap. Now the only thing that effects a Traps chance of breaking out is Trappers Add-ons.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Ahh this wasn't what I meant, this was something changed likely before nurse even came out.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

Kindred for me. Being periodically updated on your teammates and whether it's good to go for a save is so helpful in solo queue. Plus, I like knowing who the killer is before I see them, in case it's a Spirit or something and I can prepare.

• Claudeus
    Claudeus Member Posts: 14

This might be embarrassing to say, but it was Technician that I was way too stubborn to remove.

I thought I needed the perk to work on generators peacefully and the stats themselves convince me that it was actually a meta perk. I mean the killer cannot hear the gen your working on within a certain range or the skill check miss penalty minimized? A good fine addition to my perks, since I preferred playing stealthy at those times and I was quite frankly new.

My friend really did not seem to mind up until a certain point, in their point of view at least, I was experienced enough that I would not need the perk anymore. Still I refused to let it go, but they kept pushing me to try other perks as I might get stuck and not adapt.

Luckily they convinced me alot and I eventually gave in.

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544

Balanced landing

#plsbuffagain

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,484

Premonition

I really liked Premonition

I really liked the buff they gave to Premonition

I ended friendship with Premonition

Spine Chill new best friend :)

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,960

spine chill

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

for me it's probably BT. I've been trying to trust myself to make safe hook rescues without it.

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

Lithe. I've always had Lithe equipped no matter what, it felt as if I couldn't even play properly without that perk? Until I tried out DH. After a few games of trying out DH, I ended up not using Lithe ever again. DS and IW are the two perks I can't ever remove

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Self care. The only reason I stopped using it is because inner strength was in the shrine. After that I dropped self care without a second thought in my mind.

• GamerCustard
    GamerCustard Member Posts: 59

For me, up until very recently (Don't judge me) was Premonition. I enjoyed knowing the direction the killer was coming from rather than the effects spine chill had - which I have now swapped it for.

Another perk that I have a hard time letting go of is Lightweight. As someone who's very weak at chases, it helps me avoid more random chases until im confident in my ability to run the killer for the benefit of my team

• Deferlo
    Deferlo Member Posts: 131

For me it's kindred. I had it for so long that i forgot you aren't supposed to see the other survivor aura without it. I was angry at them for a good 30s before i realised that they weren't in a locker, i just couldn't see them.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Selfcare.

Used it way too long and wrong.

But dont say anything about my lovely urban evasion, its a awesome perk if you use it right.

I play extremly stealthy and still do most of the gens, i just know how to move and when to move when the killer comes and urban evasion is extremly important for this.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

Premonition. I still have fun with it occasionally, but it used to be nailed to my build no matter what else I was using. Eventually, I realized I was familiar enough with killer behavior that it wasn't necessary anymore.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Self care ! I used to love that perk would never take it off it was my baby !!! but now i can’t botherd to sit there for 30 mins healing it’s so long -___- now I just bring a medkit & reliance ! Now I guess it would be ironwill and that’s only for I can’t stand hearing my surviour moan 24/7 😂

• FancyMrB

Technician is the perfect beginner perk. It is really is handy!

When I first started killer I couldn't let go of Unrelenting. Even when I started to get the hang of Killer I saw unrelenting as pretty valuable ^^"

One time while playing kyf one friend was like '######### you doing running Untrlenting?' and I said I like the cool down in case I miss... and they were like 'dude you haven't missed in 2 matches'... and then I was like oh damn lol.

Im of the mindset 'prepare for the worst' so I enjoy perks that help me bounce back from bad plays. Right now Resurgence is my fav perk ^^

• Gruul
    Gruul Member Posts: 130

Plunderer's...

I like treasure hunting for keys but decided I should probably stop slowing the game down for my team just for memes every game.

• FancyMrB

i think they should buff it again too. Fix problematic loops and let people fall without stager regardless of exhaustion.

• FancyMrB

I slap Plunderer's on from time to time ^^ its a fun perk!

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Sprint Burst.

I often regret not running it because of how bad tunneling is. It's the best perk to prevent tunneling.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

BBQ and Chili. I'm a ######### for that BP, but I've learned I don't even use it for the tracking most of the time. Started using Thrilling Tremors in its place

• FancyMrB

All us killers are just hungry for bbq and chili 😍

• LittleSagey
    LittleSagey Member Posts: 78

for killer it was corrupt, i still run it on hag and trapper but i used to run it on almost every killer, realized that it doesnt really do too much for killers that dont need set up

for survivor it was WGLF, i was so addicted to getting extra bloodpoints but now i dont need them as much and realized its kind of a waste of a perk, the faster healing when someone is downed is very niche