Should dragon's grip be buffed?

potatogamer
potatogamer Member Posts: 27
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've started playing killer recently and tried to make a fun wraith anti gen build (pop, brutal, dragon's grip, and whispers). I like it but the more I play it the more I realize that dragon's grip is such a weak perk. Even from a survivors perspective it barely even is a hinderence if you know how to deal with it. Either the cooldown needs to be lowered or the amount of time after damaging the gen that it's active needs to be higher.

One of the main issues is the fact that it almost never goes off. I've played many survivor and killer games where it's never even gone off so it's just a waste of a perk slot. Most of the time (at least in low ranks) if you go and kick a gen the survs just run away and not even think about touching the gen. The 30 sec activation time is just too short.

One of the other issues is the fact that once survs know about it it has a lot of counterplay. A good surv won't really care about being exposed and will either stick it out or know how to get to a good loop and just wait it out. If a team is coordinated or even just a solo player is observant they'll know the perk is there and just to avoid a gens that are regressing for a short time. The 80sec cooldown is the big killer at high ranks cause you can only really shut down a gen too intermittently and even then good survs will be able to play around it. I've never had issues with it at high ranks as surv and it never seems to go off at low ranks as killer so I believe it at least needs a little buff.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

it might need just a little somethin somethin

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

Either reduce the cooldown or reveal the survivor who touched it for 3 seconds.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Yeah its pretty ######### with way to many restrictions

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

The maximum cooldown for any perk in tier 3 should be at most 60 seconds

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,077

Like others have said, I think a cool-down reduction would make the perk more desirable.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Killers wanted an answer to gen tapping and they got it. Now they want it even more powerful...

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    edited July 2021

Have you ever used Dragon's Grasp?

It has a 30 second duration which means unless the survivors are being hyper aggressive on the generator tapping it will never hit anyone.

Then if its triggered or after its 30 second duration are up it goes on cooldown for 120/100/80 seconds.

This means in the realistic situation where no one taps it in its pathetic 30 second duration it has effectively a 150-110 second cooldown.

It has one of if not the single longest cooldowns of any perk or even any killer abilities in the entire game!

Edit: To give you an idea for how long that is at level 1 its max cooldown is nearly as long as it takes the doctor to get 3 Static Blast's (60 second cooldown on Static Blast.).

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Of course I've used Dragon's Grip. that's 30 seconds the survivors can't touch the generator. On top of that the person who touched it is exposed for 1 minute so they can't touch the gen for another minute because the killer should be chasing them. If a killer hits a gen with DG that's at least 1 minute and 30 seconds that gen can't be touched for if the survivors choose to interact with it. Combine that with PGTW and other gen perks like Overcharge and you have a pretty mean build.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
  • StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

It doesn't work well with Pop. I've tried. Often, they don't line up with CDs, so you are using one or the other. Every now and again, sure, but it doesn't seem the norm.

Also, DG is only affective for 30 seconds. The chances of someone running up and diddling a gen within 30 seconds of you kicking it are pretty slim. I've only ever seen it proc once, and that's on a build I still run to this day. I keep it on there just to see if it will ever do anything, and it's a gen kick build.

If you are getting tons of use out of DG, you're one of the only people I've heard of with that kind of luck.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

I'd reduce its cooldown to 60 seconds and increase the gen kick duration to 45 seconds.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

The best build I've seen with dragons grip was what I like to call the exposed-all-the-time build.

Dragons grip, starstruck, devour hope, haunted grounds. You can mix it up with other exposed perks like noed, rancor, iron maiden, or even deathbound. It's really fun on ghostface or other insta down killers. IDK how well it would work for blight.

Otherwise I see dragons grip as very situational. It's strong in a 3 gen situation if you also have oppression. Maybe a build that caters towards creating the most pressure during a 3 gen? It would be nice if the location reveal lasted longer imo