How do Reverse Bear Traps Work?

Options
ThiccBudhha
ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988

I need some help here, every time I use Pig, they never detonate. Apparently a generator being completed activates them, but I wanted to test it out, so I put it on right before a generator popped (about 5 seconds). Walked him to a hook, and camped it for like 30 seconds. Someone peeled for him, I knocked him down and slugged him for at least two minutes. It never went off...

The exit gates were not open when I started this experiment, but they were by the end, lol. I gave them nearly 5 minutes just because I want to see one of those things go off once. They always seem to find the key as I am chasing the next person.

I am at a serious loss. I played as ratchet as you can imagine, and to no avail. Don't worry, they made it out with a key. They brought 2 of them. Didn't realize you could open hatch twice. So I learned SOMETHING during this. But not really the question I was after.

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,718
    edited July 2021
    Options

The trap timer does not go down while on the hook, while in the dying state, or while in a chase. Attempting to leave through the exit gate will detonate the trap unless the killer carries them through. It is the second set of columns on normal exit gates that marks the point at which the trap will detonate; if you carry a survivor past that point then they can escape the trial just fine. Survivors can also escape through the hatch with an activated RBT.

This is what the trap detonating looks like, if that's what you're trying to see:

For the most part, the traps really aren't meant to detonate. The traps slow the game down as survivors run from Jigsaw box to Jigsaw box looking for the key instead of working on gens.

• Dweet_Unfairfield
    Dweet_Unfairfield Member Posts: 215
    Options

They aren't meant to. They cause panic in survivors, the survivor is running around searching boxes and staying injured in an effort to stay alive. It's built in game delay that can waste several minutes of precious time

The head pop is rare as it should be, bit some problematic add ons and map design can pretty much guarantee a head pop or two.

The RBT is mostly meant to waste time, delay gens, cause panic and cause survivors to make mistakes or play recklessly, and occasionally net you a satisfying kill.

Hope this answers. And remember not to chase trapped players and instead pressure those who can heal or do gens, you'll do much better with Piggy. :)

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Its just a slowdown, actually killing someone with it is super rare

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

The timer doesn't decrease while the surv is being chased, downed or, on hook.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    edited September 2021
    Options

1) The traps are not meant to kill. They're a built in game slowdown. They're... Distractions if you will. Whether you choose to go after the ones with traps or the ones actively on gens is up to you.

2) The RBT is not going to be active on hook, in chase, or in the dying state.

3) RBT's won't go off at the exit gates if they're not active; a survivor cannot leave a trial with an active bear trap on their head however, they can still get out through the hatch with an active RBT.

4) Some maps are better than others at achieving the head pops. As much as I detest it.... RPD is a good map for head pops. Throw on Crate Of Gears + Tampered Timer or an add on with Tampered Timer to reduce the amount of Jigsaw boxes.... Is dirty. Pair all that off with Knockout and Third Seal (to make them blind to their teammates; obviously it isn't going to work for jigsaw boxes). Some maps are terrible for head pops like Dead Dawg. Yeah head pops are map dependent as well as RNG dependant.

5) Head pops are the greatest when you get 'em. 😈

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Like a bear trap, but then in reverse

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Bear traps kill you, but these are reverse bear traps, so they resurrect you when you die

idk i don't play pig