Why all the solo survivor complaints?

I know people like to say that solo survivor sucks, but I just don't see it. Yes, it can suck when your teammate's brains are on airplane mode, or when a killer decides he wants somebody dead for whatever reason, but in my experience I tend to have way more games that go well then games that don't.

The past two days I've been using no perks on Felix to get the power moves trophy, for example. Only two of those games were bad. A face camping twins player, and two people deciding to DC the moment they saw a nurse. Maybe I'm just lucky, but the complaints still seem overblown to me.

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

I've been enjoying solo-survivor as well, I enjoy running around with my Chris skin with the name 'Boulder Puncher' and just going in for fun. I've died probably like 4-5 times since I've started running around doing that last week and it's been a blast, but I can also see why people would have their complaints for it.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I play only solo and I am having a good time. First days of event were nothing but sweaty tunneling tryhards and bad games, but now it calmed down and I escape or earn a lot of BP and pip quite often.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I mostly enjoy solo but most of my enjoyment comes from watching my less than stellar team do stupid stuff

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I play mostly solo and the only problem i currently see is how lightly people slam the dc button.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,856
    edited July 2021

this. Bring kindred, bond and open handed and enjoy the wonderful world of solo survivors. You will meet all time favorites like urban evading neas, claudettes self-caring in a corner of the map, jakes randomly sabotaging a hook even though you were working on a gen, dwights who spend 90% of the match in lockers and of course the bunny hood fengs that run up to the killer to taunt them and dc as soon as they are downed. The last one is a personal favorite

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

My only issue as a solo player is that I have to essentially use a small subset of perks because I can never rely on teammates to actually play the game like they have a brain. I would love to get a group and try out some of the teamwork perks and actually see them work to their fullest.

I try my best to be a good teammate, I always run borrowed time, often some Dwight perk and look to keep people alive but after a few games where I'm basically alone doing gens or saves I feel the need to swap to selfish load outs to find the hatch after my team gets 3k in the basement making yolo saves.

• Wavy
    Wavy Member Posts: 162

because the game is unfair for solo survivors.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Slo-q terrible but what is your rank lol? I am seeing some survivors are like this but they are rare on high ranks.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,856
    edited July 2021

rank 5 but I am swfing with my sister, who is rank 11, sometimes. The bunny hood fengs are in my "higher" ranks though

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

I also play solo survivor (red rank) and enjoy it just fine.

That being said, I also do go into every game assuming I will die since my team is such a huge factor that is completely out of my control. I run Bond and kindred specifically to do my best to be a good teammate (so three of us aren't swarming the hook, I can find injured teammates, I can lead the killer away from the last gen being worked, etc) but I know not everyone will be altruistic enough and/or good enough to do that. I am also not willing to just hide for hatch when there are just two of us so I often get killed because I'd rather get what points I can from this gen and let the killer just pull me off for my death.

If you're used to SWF, I could see why solo queue would feel so damn brutal. But I only play solo so I'm just kind of used to it

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

The issue with solo is mainly a symptom of a larger issue, matchmaking and the awful ranking system. According to the game, it's totally fine to match a really good Nurse at rank 1 against a bunch of casual solos who just so happen to be at rank 1 (it is ridiculously easy to rank up if you play a lot). That's an extreme example of course but I think it should get the point across. If people were actually accurately paired up with and against players of relatively equal skill then solo would be significantly more enjoyable. Swf will always be stronger then solo of course but the gap would narrow a lot I feel if people had the peace of mind to know that their teammates will, at the very least, be semi competent. For me, that's the biggest benefit of swf, knowing that your team aren't going to be just a bunch of chimps with controllers. Hopefully MMR solves the matchmaking issue but I'm not super confident that it will.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Solo was fine during mmr but it is trash outside of mmr because you can get people with 90 days playtime. Especially since the matchmaking is so relaxed, focusing on time rather than fairness.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I'll say this until the day the forums shut down. Just because something is fine for you, and you don't see an issue with it, doesn't mean it's not an issue. It's great that you have a good solo queue experience but most people don't.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

What region do you play in? AU is the best for solo because everyone is a genrusher and you usually have a 2-3 person SWF with you

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Solo survivor is absolutely painful. I have 1500 hours and they're almost all solo and it's never been worse. The tome adds "secondary" objectives that become primary objectives for your entire team. No one cares about anything except getting challenges done.

During this event, I've twice been chased by a killer for more than SEVEN minutes, and my teammates still didn't get the gens done. But they all had their crowns.

I am constantly farmed off the hook, and now DS has been destroyed.

The amount of times I've been using Bond and I see that all three of my fully healed teammates have stopped playing with one gen to go, and they're just waiting for me to finish it, while injured, is absolutely infuriating. I can either win the game for them and die, or refuse to play like they are, and the game takes 10-15 minutes longer, and we all die.

I can't tell you how many times I've only had time to cleanse four totems and I die the first time I'm touched the entire game because the killer has NOED, and not a single teammate could be bothered to do one totem the entire game, nor do they even try to find and cleanse it.

There have been so many changes lately that make the game better for killers and it's miserable as a solo survivor.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Streamers and content creators, solo is actually the best gameplay but the issue is ranks mean nothing so you can have very bad players versing a very good killer and people say "it's because we was solo" like no, information wont help you loop better, stop you trading hooks or self caring in the basement

• Dodgingbears
    Dodgingbears Member Posts: 252

I play solo survivor 80% of the time. It is not that bad. People are just immature. There are plenty of ways to get groups if you dont want to deal with it.

• Wolfven
    Wolfven Member Posts: 71

I think AU is the worst. 5 bad games for every 2 good ones. DCer's , bad MMR and face campers.

A solo Q nightmare. IMO

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401

Because Solo Q is hell. Sucks. And tunnel and camping wins matches easily. Not all the killers do it but many of them.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Solo Survivor is legit hard, but I enjoy playing solo survivor. Still it can feel very unfair sometimes depending on how braindead your teammates are.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Why so many solo survivor complaints? Because killer mains expect me to bring the best loadout to counter theirs which I cannot see and to work well with a team I cannot communicate with and to "get good" and play according to the skill level of the killer which I have no idea how good they are. This by the way never happens.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561

It depends a lot on your standards of gameplay, I've heard truetalent say that he has a high escape rate playing solo but it depends a lot on your interpretation of ''winning'' sure he escapes most of the times but he often escapes solo while his teammates die, a solo escape is basically losing but for some people a solo escape is a ''win'' I'm pretty sure if we go by those standards of win/lose most people have a negative win rate.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

It sounds like you're the happy outlier.

I'm glad someone's having some good solo queue games, at least.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Main reason I dislike solo is the lack of communication. Prime example; first game of the night I end up dying on first hook because no one goes for the save. 1 persons being chased, 1 is injured/hiding and 1 is being a gen jockey.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

A good reason is because this game relies heavily on communication for the survivors to get out alive. It is the difference between everyone leaving and everyone dying. From my experiences on console, even at high rank some players seem to have IQ levels in the negatives. Then there is others that only care about themselves. Variety of reasons. Haven't solo queued since crossplay was added to be fair though.