What do we think about current DS?

Comments

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

I didnt run old DS or have any interest in the newer weaker version but from seeing teammates who run it i dont think it does its job of being an anti-tunneling perk.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Aren’t you a killer main? I’m surprised you like annoying them xD

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

Not weak, but certainly not strong. They should make it so, the longer you get tunneled, the more uses you get, like a token system that charges while in chase. If the killer chases you forever, he will have to deal with your DS 5 times. Boom, tunneling is now gone forever. I guess they could also make it so the not yet obtained tokens decay after some time when not in chase (think of it as a Diversion completion. The longer you are chased, the more it becomes red. When fully red, you get a token. But if you aren't in a chase for some time, and the perk is red but not completed, the red part will start to decay).

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

I am playing both roles.

If i play killer, everyone have to die (Except Leon & Kate, one of them can have hatch)

If i play survivor, my all teammates have to escape. I can sacrifice myself or tbag killer.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

But also i saved so much of them on my survivor games.

So i think i am good guy and also bad guy :)

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

It's way better than before. Can't be abused as much. Altho, I don't think it's enough to stop tunneling. I would personally reduce the timer to like 40 seconds, and make the timer pause while you're in a chase.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Way too many deactivation conditions, does not stop tunneling, hardly ever seen anymore. And with its nerf came a decrease in Unbreakable usage, so now neither tunneling nor slugging are countered nearly as much.

Make it a two-time use perk; remove grunts of pain, scratch marks, and blood for 10 seconds upon activation; and disable killer powers for five seconds following the stun. Then we will have an anti-tunnel perk.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

The only time I find DS useful is in endgame. It can pretty much guarantee an escape.

Otherwise it’s just meh, if killers are going to tunnel DS isn’t going to stop them, especially high mobility killers.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

I like the new ds, but I think it do nothing against tunnling. In my opinion ist should activate twice and the timer should pause if you are in chase, cause it’s still tunnling and shouldn‘t get punished for run the killer for a while... and to be honest, the ds stun could be 1-3 sec longer

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

I've had it actually work against tunneling killers many times. And by tunneling I mean literally going for me instead of the other survs.

It's worked against tunnelers a lot, people underestimate the hell outta it. Very healthy perk.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I like it a lot since the change, it's no longer BS but still has one of the best effects in DBD.

No need for any rebalancing so far imo. That might change in the future.

• twitch_ravKenclaw
    twitch_ravKenclaw Member Posts: 54

As a Killer, I'd be fine with additional benefits to survivor. As it is now, it's not as good. It really isn't hard to just eat the stun and continue chasing because of scratch marks / audio cues. There should be at least a self-preservation aspect or muted / muffled sound for the survivor for the duration. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it activating twice. In some games, you will find your only way to generate pressure is to tunnel. 110 Killer + Big Map + Spread Out Survivors = Little to no pressure

Another possible change is they could split the duration into two activations. So instead of one 60 minute timer, you could do two 30 seconds.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

Honestly I almost never see it anymore. So much so that I don't even play around it because I see it so little now.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Terrible.

First off, ds should not deactivate after self healing. Secondly, it should be available after every unhook.

Until those 2 happen, it's a garbage perk imo because it's way too situational and clunky. Lucky Break is better.

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477

You need to be able to use it multiple times, and the timer should pause while getting chased.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,351

needs to activate multiple times in a trial so it can be more in line with a true anti-tunneling perk. I have always said it was never designed to be an anti-tunnel perk, but now that they've put it in the mold and carved it out to resemble one it needs tweaking to be an actual anti-tunnel rather than a band-aid fix.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,601

It is okay-ish, I suppose.

I mean, at least it does its newly assigned anti-tunnel job.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

all these people saying to buff the perk have never played killer seriously and it shows.

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

I'm running BT/DS in every survivor build as well, but to be fair most killers have to dedicate half of perks to slowdown gens as well. For example running corrupt/pop or ruin,undying

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

i guess killers cant ever ask for buffs even if it slightly inconveniences them?

I hate getting DSd and want to die when it generates an escape but its still bad.

• Bran

i don't even understand what you meant in that. not gonna lie.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

At the very least I don’t think the 60 seconds should start the very moment you’re unhooked and there should be a slight grace period. I would say 12 second extra so if you get smacked with borrowed time activated you at least have a chance to take the speed boost and try to make it somewhere safe if you’re actually being tunnelled. If you go down during that 12 second grace period because there was no BT then DS would be usable immediately regardless of the grace period. If it were to work this way then a further buff would be something like recharging an extra 20-30 seconds once you’ve fully recovered on the ground if you were slugged immediately off the hook and left bleeding. This version does sound extremely powerful though and possibly too strong but I couldn’t say for sure unless I saw it testing in real matches.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

DS needed a good nerf/balance for a loooong time

It is not perfect, but it defo isnt too weak

Now as a killer player i would still have ideas to turn it into a true anti tunnel perk/gameplay mechanic to stop hard tunneling, but saddly i also learnt that sometimes you dont have a choice then to tunnel someone out

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited July 2021

Perhaps make it so you can use DS twice. But if that's too much, perhaps in return disable DS when all generators are complete or during EGC. No more free escapes in end game in return for a more robust anti-tunneling perk.

Also, make DS and every other perk affected by hooks/unhooks work with Pyramid Head's cages work the same way they would with a normal hook.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

Before I weigh-in, quick disclaimer. I am not a “main” of anything or any side. However, being impatient with lobby times, I do play mostly killer these days.

I think new DS is slightly too weak. Try to remember, there’s a very large pool of new players that are facing new killers who will play “dirty” (for lack of better term).

I would restrict the perk disabled feature to gens only, or COMPLETING a heal, not just starting the action. That’s just me.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Still annoying because you can still get hit by it when you weren't even tunneling the unhooked BUT it's in a far better state than it used to be and you honestly don't get hit by it as much as you used to so it's fine imo.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337

Killers that are going to tunnel are still going to tunnel, there needs to be some actual punishment / deterrence that makes those type of people not want to tunnel. Since it deactivates for anything that survivor does to progress the match, it should have 2 uses, the timer should pause while in chase and downed (not during the egc for the being downed part), and the killer should be stunned for 10 seconds. This way if someone wants to be an #########, maybe they'll think twice and if they don't care, they waste a whole lot more of their own time for being an ######### to begin with.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Yes and? You said anyone who wants it buffed has never played killer seriously. I have indeed played killer seriously before

• Bran

i'd even argue survivors would know it shouldn't be buffed, let alone given 2 charges.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

DS is perfectly fine the way it is. If there's one thing I would change, I'd have it deactivate when you're opening an exit gate.

• Phasmamain

DS just doesn’t do a whole lot anymore even when it does activate since the killer can just chase them again or even leave them and just go for someone else.

Again my buff suggestion is minor and only comes into play if the killer is relentlessly tunnelling through ds

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I think it's only helpful now when the game is already lost by the killer. End game, someone is on the hook, they're walking out, assuming someone actually makes a save for a change.

It's sad that a perk that's supposed to be anti tunneling now punishes survivors for playing that game. It's broken. The nerf went too far.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

DS is fine as it is now. If the buffs y'all want were to be implemented the only thing that would happen is you would find yourself laying on the floor for long periods of time. Again. Don't forget that killers are more than happy to slug you and use you as bait while they wait out your DS. Hard tunneling sucks, it really does, but it isn't something that all the buffs in the world is gonna discourage folks from doing. People who hard tunnel tend to be people who were going to tunnel you anyway. Same with face campers, they're gonna do it no matter what you bring to the table.

DS does exactly what it's supposed to do and nothing more. Saves you from an instance of being tunneled, but it was never meant to be an absolute counter to killers doing what killers do. Nor was it meant to be something used to aggravate another player beyond what was necessary. Your team should be helping to cover your escapes with DS whenever possible.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Still a badly designed ************************************************.

• Phasmamain

I agree. It doesn’t do enough to stop what it’s meant to stop

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I think its still fine. I use it on a few builds. It comes in handy when I need it, but otherwise its pretty fair now.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I disagree on the self heal thing. Self heal implies your not being tunneled so you don't need it. Just saying 🤷

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Deactivate endgame but otherwise it activates every hook state.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

Old ds was busted as ######### the new ds is fine

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Please don't be scared to respond, promise I won't bite, but how would you feel about making DS usable twice?

Maybe we could shorten the timer, just to be sure that killers would only ever get hit by it if they hard-core tunnel. 🐷

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

How about making DS token based (you start with a token)? Meaning the more you get tunneled, the more you get tokens (and DS uses). With a catch, if you will. Think about Tapp's perk, Stake Out. If you are in the killer's TR, the perk starts filling red, and when it completes, you get a token. What if DS was to work the same way, while in chase, but gradually lose that red "completion", after some time without getting chased? If you got the token, you get to keep it but, if you didn't get the token, you lose progress towards it. I think this would finally solve tunneling, at least a bit, if we are to keep Bloodlust as it is.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Thank you for responding, made my day! ❤

I definitely understand where you're coming from, and you're absolutely right to be cautious! DS is definitely a strong perk — at least two uses isn't completely out of the picture.