What do we think about current DS?

124»

Comments

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

Before devs killed ds I only used it when the killer tunneled me. Now when I equip it I play so toxic I always run toward the killer. I can move around all the map to find him and use the perk. Probably now it’s more abused than before

• femotek820

Killers in this forum told you the solution, do gens. So remove ds and use prove thyself, I think almost everyone changed ds with pt

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

That’s what I did. I’ve also noticed an uptick in people complaining about gen speeds. Hmmm, coincidence?

• MrCrazyCat62
    MrCrazyCat62 Member Posts: 168

Its the same perk with same success rate . All thats changed is survivors can't expect 60 seconds of immunity after getting unhooked.

The amount of survivors who (fully healed) chased me down as killer to bait out a pointless chase. Or who just sat on gens knowing I couldn't stop them was insane.

It's a useful and effective anti-tunnel perk. It's actually balanced now and is confirmed to be just as successful as it used to be. Much better than the days where ds would activate after your first down.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

I think it's in a great spot, but would like to see it moved to 2 uses instead of 1. The stun length is fine as well, since that's plenty of time to actually get away from the Killer and start a new chase. Now that you can't abuse it by doing gens in the Killer's face or other similar behavior, it could easily get a small tweak like this. Would probably prevent more tunneling simply by the Killer knowing you have it, so they have to go after someone else.

I personally don't use it at all, prefer other Perks to take up a slot, but I don't see it as often since the change. I also end up being the damn Obsession because of this, even though I run 0 Obsession Perks. Before, I was never the Obsession because there was always at least 1 DS user in the match.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

For my experience, tunneling isn't required to win; I hardly ever tunnel and still win most of my games. If you're reliant on tunneling to win, I don't think it's a, "Problem within the foundation of the game".

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Instead of needing 8-10 seconds of invulnerability, you could just try to escape the killer in chase. Learn some basic skills and you won't need everything to be handed to you.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
  • Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I need to loop to survive though that’s what I’m saying. Decent spirit’s are very unlikely to escape against in chase anyway

• pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235

If you are running around and not doing anything you are probably helping the killer by not doing anything and hindering your own team

• femotek820

This is not true. If you let the killer see you and he chases you for almost 60 secs and then he takes the ds you give other survs so many time to finish gens

• Peppa_Pigsaw
    Peppa_Pigsaw Member Posts: 184

Now that it's an actual anti tunnel tool, it could honestly use a few buffs imo. Maybe activate after every unhook so you can waste more of the killers time if they're HARD tunneling you.

• pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235

There are 2 things I can see happening with what you said:

-I just got hooked and and the killer left me to go chase someone else, I then get unhooked around 15-25 seconds later, and by that time the killer is probably nowhere near me at this point your buddy that just unhooked you on a gen, and i start looking for the killer which could possibly take around 15 seconds, and at that point 2 people are not on a gen progressing the game, considering that time is important in DBD. The killer sees me running at them and lets assume they start chasing me and depending on the killer downed me relatively quick I they pick me up and i use DS I get away even. Even though I wasted the killers time with DS the other survivor I got the killer off of is healing or just running around looking another survivor to heal them, so they are using up time and I am running away from the killer, so at around that time 1 person is on a gen. (After effects, I used up DS without a really good reason to and possibly 2 or more people are not on a gen)

- I get hooked and the killer is chasing someone nearby and I get unhooked and proceed to run at the killer, and the killer starts chasing me and downs me, and I get picked up, the i proceed to use DS, its still the same thing 2 or more people are not on a gen and i wasted DS.

There are way to many IFs that can happen like:

If the killer immediately starts tunneling which at that point is the best use for DS

If the killer doesnt even bother chasing me because I just got unhooked and they don't want to because of BT and DS

If the killer is a Nurse or Spirit and they down people really fast then at that point I wasted my time

If they just slug me

If they chase me for the full duration of DS and gets hit with DS, then you successfully used DS and helped you team

If you are in SoloQ then you just wasted your time

And I could keep going.

What you take away from this long post:

-Just hop on a gen you are always helping your team by doing that unless your whole team is dying then go run at the killer.

There are just way too many IFs to benefit your team.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

Its useless as anti tunnel perk, got it but disappointed it does nothing, should punish tunneling way more, at very least usable 2 times

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Mmmm it's not that bad.

It's already becoming more frequent than DS for sure, but the loss with DS is much greater.

• Morpheus_7_
    Morpheus_7_ Member Posts: 348