YAY!! Stridor & Iron Will.

• Effects that improve a Killer's hearing, such as the perk "Stridor" or the add-on "Swing Chains," will only be heard from the Killer's perspective. Survivors will no longer hear themselves as louder when the Killer is running such effects.
  • Effects that modify sound are now multiplicative rather than additive. This means that sounds that are reduced to 0%, such as injured noises by the perk "Iron Will," will no longer be increased by perks such as "Stridor" and will instead remain at 0.

Well... Spirit players will be pissed...

Hopefully this also addresses the bugs with the live versions of Bite The Bullet & Self Preservation.

Comments

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I will agree that Iron Will needs to be looked at. Perhaps it needs a timer?

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

Stridor was only use on spirit now the perk is useless. They legit say lets remove a killer perk from the game and they decide to remove stridor.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,867

That would be a good change. It’s stronger than Lucky Break imo but it does have a timer while IW doesn’t. It should be nerfed at the same time as Spirit gets nerfed.

Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yeah the devs aren’t favored towards one side but I’ve just seen way more people say they’re killer sided lately.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

the whole reason why I never run iron will is because of stridor, well now this change makes the perk actually useful.

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401

I don´t like this change neither. So the only counter to Spirit is dependable on Iron Will? I don´t see the sense.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

Yet again they prove the bias. I hope this doesn't make it live. Stridor Countered IW

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

This is awful news

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

There’s nothing useless about Stridor at all. Survivors don’t expect it. So when they try to hide right next to you, they get a Fright when hit because they weren’t expecting how easily you can hear them.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Stridor being changed to the way it is on PTB seems to be just an all around net loss for killer. I don't use the perk cause I play Legion and Nemesis meaning I can't hear stuff anyway, but there had to be a less hammer and nail solution to Stridor. I actually agree with the change from additive to multiplicative for Iron Will, but Stridor is such a limited scope perk that on paper they've made terrible at doing anything at all. It's job is done by a 40$ pair of headphones and some eq software.

Perks should be able to do things in game that we can't or shouldn't do outside of it. For Stridor it was it was having some interaction with Iron Will. Like you don't need to use Stridor if survivors aren't using Iron Will cause you can already hear them quite well. Some better than others (Elodie, Ace, Feng, and David)

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Just one of the few hard counters of each other in the game is finally gone. There are more that I would like to see changed (looking at you, Lightborn).

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Lightborn's change is rather recent and was made for a good reason. It didn't really do much of anything cause a blind is still a blind the intensity or length of time doesn't matter. There was no real reason to use it and it is one of few perks that counter items rather other perks. At best it now saves your IRL eyes from bleeding along with your killers and at worst it does absolutely nothing. Taking it is a calculated choice now. It took from useless to being a flex pick when you see more than two flash lights pop out.

Same with Franklin's though they nerfed Franklin's in a weird way just to save T-Virus vaccines even though T-Virus DOESN'T HURT YOU AT ALL AND IT STILL TAKES 3 HITS TO LOSE A HEALTH STATE.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

I think we all know that stridor spirits are overpowered. Stridor is only used on spirit so it’s nerf doesn’t really change the game overall. Spirit is still gonna be very strong since not every single survivor is using iron will. Iron will is really not that problematic since killers can hear other sounds and actually use their eyes to play too.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited July 2021

So instead of reworking parts of spirit, they gave up and said just never take off iron will.

welp, I don't even know how this is going to play out considering how buggy sounds are in general.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah they would, it's called short-burst Spirit, the significantly easier and often complimentary sister of Stridor Spirit that relies on constantly 50/50ing loops (let's be honest, 80/20ing loops) that now all the Spirit players will use instead.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

Survivor perks should not take priority over killer perks. I'm glad that it's an indirect nerf to Spirit, but Iron Will was already strong and didn't need it's only true counters to be nerfed.

Imo, Iron Will should have a condition attached to it like Bite the Bullet, because being able to be silent while injured the entire game with no cost is a bit dumb.

• GannTM

That is fair but if Spirit did have directional audio then survivors would get an early warning about the short burst. Then again, I believe I was on break during the time Spirit had that breathing bug so I didn’t know what it felt like to play as or against.

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

Almost all survivors I see in purple or red ranks use Iron Will.

• MadLordJack

She moves so fast that it didn't matter, just like with Nurse there's no real time to react and it was almost purely a nerf to bad Spirits.

Which was a good thing and it did make Spirit more fun to play because suddenly there was this element of interactivity and it was fun trying to trick people with it.

• GannTM

That’s all fair. I would love for Spirit to require more skill which would make her feel more rewarding to play.

I’m still of the opinion that Iron Will needs a nerf as it is too strong to last the whole match with no downside to it but it should be nerfed the same time Spirit gets nerfed.

• MadLordJack

Oh yeah, I hate IW. It cannot be a coincidence that my chases last considerably longer when I have it equipped. That's just not something that mysteriously unlocks hidden reserves of pure looping skill.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

I think it's a fair change, as a killer main. But it will hurt as im not great with spirit most days

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I understand why Stridor is a great perk for Spirit, but it doesn't make a good Spirit player. I used it on her once and it was more distracting then helpful.

I like the change. Hopefully people will stop crying about Spirit now.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

So who cares? Nobody used it except her. Let the spirit main tears flow forth.

Time to actually put some effort into those downs.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Spirit main here! I'll run monsterous shrine before running Stridor

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

I already have a hard enough time hearing much of anything in this game, so I would often use it on killers I could get easily disoriented with, as an accessibility handicap to try to offset how badly the sound balance is designed, and how bugged the audio is in the game half the time. Having it be invalidated by a perk thats already meta and very good in its own right is a pretty bad look tbh.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

What do you mean?

lt was always a trash perk it just so happened it combo’d well with only 1 killer

dunno about you but l haven’t seen to many stridor clowns tearing up the maps.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Iron will just needs to get fixed

It should only disable grunts of pain. Not mute the survivor entirelly.

Do footsteps also still get muffled by it? I don't remember them ever fixing that right? I could be wrong.

I hope they look at stridor again in the future. It really lost the one thing it could do with this change

• InList
    InList Member Posts: 85

This is great! Just like that obsession add-on that Freddy used to use to disable my borrowed time!

I love disabling one perk/ add-on with another. It's great game design!

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

I wouldn't say it grants invisibility by any means.

Unless you're running Lucky Break with it, you still leave Scratch Marks and blood trails. To add to it, if you're running around the entire game injured with Iron Will, the second you get caught out of position by the Killer, it's most likely going to be a down unless you have SB ready. (And, even then, we've been seeing more and more Killers that are leagues better in a 1v1 compared to 1v4..)

Idk, I agree that they should have done a bigger change with Stridor, but I don't think the two should have interacted as they did in the first place- because it didn't make sense. People on the forums have been arguing for years that Stridor doesn't counter Iron Will because of the text, but the way everything was set up, it didn't work how it said. I think Iron Will is fine as it is, and I don't think it should receive any changes just because sounds constantly break on both sides. (Seriously, I've had my fair share of silent slugs and no footsteps, but I've also had my fair share of getting hit with Starstruck from the other side of the map because the Killer is running Agitation, but I had no way to know it was coming because I couldn't hear a terror radius.) That's another issue on it's own.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442

Yay, 1/16th of the perks survivors can bring counter 1/4th of the perks killers can bring. Killer perks should always trump survivor perks IMO. If the problem here (which let's be real, it was) was the fact that it was too strong on spirit, then spirit should be changed, not a perk that doesn't see much use on every other killer as it is.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

To be honest nobody runs stridor because it‘s a useless perk expect on spirit and than it becomes overpowered. So I‘m very happy about the change. But in my opinion they should make a change, that make stridor useful in another way for all killers, for example if a survivor starts healing, he screems or something...