Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Where does the term farming come from? and what does it mean?

Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

So the word popped up during a game the other day, and it made me wonder.....as i have no clue, but can someone give me a clue?

Comments

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

These are the true questions!

I'm kinda curious myself...

From the top of my head i think it has to come from the fact that farming literally is using your time to grow stuff... Be it "plants" or "animals" or whatever you can find in a farm.

So it's basically you using your time to grow/create stuff that can help you later?

Basically what a farmer would do. 😅

• Mushwin

But that takes time, energym usually farming is a surv yoinked off a hook so fast!

• Mushwin

yes but farming happened before this game so I ponder on the history *s....so what is.....entomology.......what does it come from i know what it means but....where is the entomology?

• Mushwin

Sorry correcting myself ditzy brain *s

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited July 2021

Farming in games usually refers to some kind of manual work that yields a reward, and is typically something repetitive or menial. It's a comparison to the repetitive and tedious labor of farming, but it comes at a reward of a great bounty of food.

Typically getting "farmed" in gaming has always been used as a way to say that your opponent is so far above you in skill that they are literally just going around killing you over and over again and "growing" xp/level/currency relevant to the game youre playing, most common in an FPS. Your opponent is so much better than you, that to them you are just another crop to plant/grow.

The term in DBD stems from the fact that you're just using them to get BP rather than actually trying to play the match, often to their detriment. (farming someone off the hook)

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I see it like farming bloodpoints. Farming means producing. You make 1000 bloodpoints with unsafe unhook without caring about person you saved. It's farming bloodpoints from teammates, but it called farming teammates for short.