It's Time For More Perk Slots

Options
2»

Comments

• Thund3rstruck57
    Thund3rstruck57 Member Posts: 240
    Options

@TAG Just think of it like 1 killer point balances out 4 survivor points.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options
  • Thund3rstruck57
    Options

@TAG Unfortunately, the only way to see if that would be balanced would be for the devs to create the system and test it. Otherwise it's just speculation. It could be balanced. It could not be.

• WormMilk
    WormMilk Member Posts: 118
    Options

I saw someone else saying this and I agree with them, one killer perk isn't accompanied by one survivor perk, it's accompanied four. If we added another perk slot it would be 20 perk vs 5, that is an unbelievablely unfair thing. It would most certainly be alot more stressful for the killer if they had to deal with four extra perks no matter how good or bad they are. This game is already survivor sided so adding this would just contribute to this greatly. Still a fun idea but it would absolutely not work in the grand sceam of things.

• TAG
    Options

Considering that I am fundamentally against adding perk slots, I don't think it's worth testing.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options
  • Thund3rstruck57
    Options

@WormMilk The devs have made it so the game is balanced around each killer perk balancing out 4 survivor perks, so as long as you keep the number of perk slots that each player has access to the same, the game will remain similar to its current state of balance, no matter what you increase the number to (within reason). While the difference between the survivor and killer perk numbers will grow, using that as an argument is a bit disingenuous as the survivors will always have 4X more perks than the killer and that's the important metric.

@TAG Considering I am fundamentally in support of adding perk slots, I think it's worth testing. ;P Look, the usage of all perks (especially weaker, niche perks) will continue to decrease as more perks are added to the game because math. Considering how large the pool of perks has grown, it is time to add more perk slots. My solution does that in a way that will encourage a wider usage of perks, keep everyone's power potential roughly equal to what it is now, and will result in more unique builds with interesting synergies that will make the game more exciting overall. By all means though, I'd be fine with them just adding 2 more perk slots and calling it a day.

@Thrax WGLF is actually a pretty strong perk now and doesn't need a buff. Maybe move the BP tokens to Kindred since it would make more sense on that perk anyway.

• TAG
    edited July 2021
    Options

Your solution, in my eyes, either doesn't accomplish anything meaningful or upsets the balance of the game significantly. It's not because of anything specific to your idea; it's just that I don't believe there is an acceptable sweet spot that actually results in an improvement to the game as far as adding more perk slots. Having more and more perks in the game doesn't mean that more perk slots is a good idea IMO.

Also, this:

so as long as you keep the number of perk slots that each player has access to the same, the game will remain similar to its current state of balance, no matter what you increase the number to (within reason)

I am not convinced is accurate, which is a big part of why I don't personally support your idea.

• TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759
    edited July 2021
    Options

At first I thought this was a bad idea. But it's not necessarily. I think 4 is just kind of that sweet spot number. I think a 5th perk slot doesn't really fix anything in this game. I think the game is in a good spot to be honest. Adding a 5th perk slot just narrows the field of diversity of perks that survivors are running. 4 perks isn't enough, 5, 6... What is enough? Do we just want all perks as passive abilities? A 5th Perk slot would be over whelming. And you said with so many perks now it's hard to choose just 4. Well I like that there is only so much I can do to make a build with 4. 16 perks for survivors at most and 4 for killer. It's a 1 to 4 difference. Making it a 1-5 difference would actually put the killer at an ever more disadvantage.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

While i like the point system, i can´t really get behind hex perks being considered powerful and therefore requiring 3 points.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

Just let me equip the same perk over and over again.

I want 32 stacks of save the best for last.

I AM JOKING