Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Future of dbd progression.

Ill quickly state, i was disappointed in only one full unlock for the event, but ill still be getting it done.

Im currently prestiging my killers, after unlocking all teachables.  I own all dlc, i think 2 were done with shards.  I love this game, even with a partly toxic community it is more enjoyable than most other games.

The problem i see in the future, is what is the thing that keeps me playing when everything is maxxed out?  The typical design is seasonal leaderboards, weekly game modes, and special events as a new mode or grind for an unlock.

Right now, there is a lack of content in those aspects.  I would like to see some form of end content introduced to continue wanting to play regularly.

Ill still be playing, i have been happy with the patches and involvement in making it a better experience, just hoping for more than just a irrelevant rank number.

Comments

• Fictionalname
    Fictionalname Member Posts: 121

@Terrortot

If you'd been following the news you would know that we are getting new game modes. On top of that, of course they will advance the ranking system and more than likely add leaderboards and such, it's obvious.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    If you only play because of the progress, then you are doing something wrong.

Play to have fun!
  • Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Tsulan said:

Play to have fun!

Absolutely having fun.  There is just some game design that is underwhelming. Most glaring is rank system.

Ive played each character through their unlockables, some through their prestiges now.  The problem is, there is no real end result except bloodpoints, which i can see now become useless at a certain point in the near future.

Dont want the game to just abruptly end without a cycling progressing goal with rewards.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Tsulan said:

Play to have fun!

Fun in DBD?

Are we talking about the same game? :smile:

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Terrortot said:
    Tsulan said:

Play to have fun!

Absolutely having fun.  There is just some game design that is underwhelming. Most glaring is rank system.

Ive played each character through their unlockables, some through their prestiges now.  The problem is, there is no real end result except bloodpoints, which i can see now become useless at a certain point in the near future.

Dont want the game to just abruptly end without a cycling progressing goal with rewards.
    I spend over 1000 hours on it. Still haven't maxed out everything. 
    I'd say there's plenty left to do. 
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@Fictionalname said:
    @Terrortot

If you'd been following the news you would know that we are getting new game modes. On top of that, of course they will advance the ranking system and more than likely add leaderboards and such, it's obvious.

And if you'd make more sense... you'd know they stated leaderboards back in feb...

It's october...

so yeah

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Fictionalname said:
    @Terrortot

And if you'd make more sense... you'd know they stated leaderboards back in feb...

It's october...

so yeah

They mentioned a year ago they want to hide the Killer equipment in the scoreboard until the trial is over.
    The year before that they didn't even realize they weren't hidden yet.
    Here we are, still all Killer Add-ons, Offerings & Perks fully exposed.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,197

The grind for BP is pretty much it as far as what you're looking for. It will take you maybe 1,000 hours to p3 your killers to varying degrees of perk completion... a few hundred less if you have an optimal plan. By the time you get there, they MIGHT have leaderboards in place, or maybe some reward for devotion. Nothing has been promised though.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    Leaderboards are a terrible idea. It's just going to result in everyone only playing Nurse and Billy to get the top of the leaderboards. I do agree that we need a nde form of progression. I thought that devotion would be progression but they ended up doing nothing with it. If they tied in rewards to devotion it would give people a reason to continue playing every day. Instead of playing for events, getting the items, and logging out.