How would you rework: iron will

2»

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Revert the massive nerfs to sounds so that killers can once again hear footsteps on the other side of loose plywood, and fix the IW bug that removes all and any sounds.

In other words, instead of deleting any breathing while injured, it should loop the healthy audio.

• MadLordJack

Because it can't be a coincidence that I suddenly have a significant boost to my average chase time just for equipping a single perk.

Seriously, it's insane, I can't take it off now. Just running a tile is easier because of all the micro-hesitations that killers make. It's almost like having a permanent haste effect.

• MadLordJack

Agreed with you on everything but DS, becuase I'm sick of Sabo Squads and wannabe bullies running around fresh off the hook, often at full health, trying to go for saves. It doesn't feel good being completely unable to punish that.

It's not what it used to be, but it still has a way to go before it stops protecting agro survivors and starts protecting against hardcore tunneling.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

Fair nuff. I haven't seen DS since it got nerfed, so I can't speak to that personally, but I can totally see how that's a thing.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I would completely rework the perk.

survivor interactions cannot be interrupted when interacting with gens, totems, chests or exit gates when they would normally be interrupted by hits or powers that aren’t putting them into the dying state.

completely situational.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

I'd add a 50/75/100% decrease to uninjured breathing sounds to Calm Spirit. Iron Will is fine as is.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

They need to fix the perk first because it seems to nullify any sound survivors make such as regular breathing

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

yeap i want to see more people running diversion, iron will, calm spirit and urban evasion/fixated with a backwater swamp/red forest offering. And lets get a perk to remove environment/step sounds and it would be just perfectly splendid.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 910

I'm fine with it as is, but if I had to change it, it would be this:

Iron Will:

Your sounds of injury are reduced by 60% at all times, and your healthy breathing is reduced by 20%.

When hit by the killer, your sounds of injury are reduced by 100% for 35/40/45 seconds. During this period, all other survivors can see your aura.

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 747

It think it's fine, however if I were to change it, I'd give it another condition for activation or deactivation. Maybe, it doesn't work in lockers or it's only active for 300 seconds total. I don't know, I'm not in charge of game balance. Would be interesting to see it tested though.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Bloodhound is so good against IW, Survivors are often shocked that they were tracked while using it. IW is fine the way it is. There are multiple ways to track, use them.

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319

Iron Will is fine the way it is. You know you can hear people's footsteps, see blood, and hear the rustling of bushes and grass right? And this is coming from a guy who plays mostly Killer. I'm usually on the Killer's side when it comes to balancing but this is just ridiculous.

• Ashreave
    Ashreave Member Posts: 139

I'd merge Iron Will, Calm Spirit and Bite The Bullet, Into a Single Perk then I'd Merge Saboteur with Unbreakable and Borrowed Time. You think I'm joking but Adept Jake is the weakest of the four OG survivors, someone needs to do something to make the guy actually useful.

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

Iron will doesn't make your breathing inaudible, it only negates grunts of pain and while you're injured you don't do breathing sounds because of the grunts of pain :(

• kermit_snacc_choke
    kermit_snacc_choke Member Posts: 303

Make it a charge based perk. Start the trial with 60 charges, each second consumes a charge. When a charge is consumed, stifle your Grunts of Pain by 100 percent for 1.25 seconds. When charges are below 30, Grunts of pains are stifled by 75% when consumed and lasts for 1.5 seconds.

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404

I would make iron will do the following:

Reduce pains of grunts by 80% (Max tier)

and thats it, the reason why i reduce the % is due to its simple activation (getting into the injurned state) and in turn make other reduce noise perks like bite the bullet a more interesting choice. As currently why would you pick bite the bullet where you only get 100% noise reduction while healing when you can have 100% reduce injurned noise from just a simple hit. I would even argue that bite the bullet is much more of a healthier perk for the game then IW atm but IW is to strong with it simple activation.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,014

I wouldn't change it, I don't use it as survivor it doesn't seem that good even when I randomized into it, as killer I've never had a problem tracking even when a survivor has it

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    edited July 2021

Make it so you make breathing noises while injured, instead of making you completely silent. Just remove grunts of pain, but keep breathing noise.