We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

After this last mini patch - Game is eating tons disc memory

Options
Crusher
Crusher Member Posts: 45
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

Like tittle says, after today mini patch game gone crazy, eating 51% of my disc memory, anyone else having the same issue?

Comments

• Crusher
    Options

Verifying the game files at steam didnt work to fix the issue.

Will try to unistal and reinstaling, but this sucks...only because of a small crapy update and fcked up my game wthell?

• Crusher
    Options

Unistalled, delete the DBD files, downloaded and reinstaled, didnt work...

Guess its at their side...oh well will have to wait till this is fixed...cba to play a suttering game.

Btw I could run at ultra at this game and have 0 shuttering, only this last update think it was 80 megabytes it screwed the game and it has memory leak.

has any1 reported this to the Devs, yet?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

The disk itself might be failing. How old is it?

• Crusher
    edited October 2018
    Options

Instaling from direct DBD files the DXSETUP to see if it works.

didnt work

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited October 2018
    Options

Do you have like, and HDD or a SDD?

If so, what type?

Is it new or older?

• Crusher
    Options

@Orion said:
    The disk itself might be failing. How old is it?

Should be around 6-7 years, although, i realy douth its from the disc, because the other games that are alot more demanding than DBD are runing smooth without problems.

• Crusher
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Do you have like, and HDD or a SDD?

If so, what type?

Is it new or older?

HDD like 6-7 years like i mention, but again i was runing this game at full just yesterday and was 100% fine, after this mini patch we just had (that i just download after i came from work) game is sucking disc dry.

I playing games like Warthunder, World of Warships, Tanks, LoL, Overwatch right now, and they all playing fine.

FOr example:

Just fine, and playing at max settings too.

• Crusher
    Options

Also, i think its forbiting to post other companies games at forum, but this is just to show something is wrong with DBD atm, regarless lemme know if the post goes agains the policys of forum so i can delete the post or u may do it.

• Orion
    Options

I recommend defragging the disk and/or running chkdsk. It looks like DbD is having problems loading the files. Could be a damaged sector or just a fragmented disk. It seems unlikely that an update like this would fundamentally change the way the game reads information from the disk.

• Crusher
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Orion said:
    I recommend defragging the disk and/or running chkdsk. It looks like DbD is having problems loading the files. Could be a damaged sector or just a fragmented disk. It seems unlikely that an update like this would fundamentally change the way the game reads information from the disk.

Just did stuff to try fix it, none works, look up at thread. The moment that i unistaled and delete the files and reinstaled it should had fix the problem if it was damage before i unistal.

• Orion
    Options

@Crusher said:

@Orion said:

Just did stuff to try fix it, none works, look up at thread.

I did, and you didn't say you'd tried defragging or checked the integrity of the disk.

• Orion
    Options

@Crusher said:
    The moment that i unistaled and delete the files and reinstaled it should had fix the problem if it was damage before i unistal.

That's not how it works, at all. If your disk is damaged, it's damaged, period. If it's fragmented, same thing.

• Crusher
    Options

@Orion said:

@Crusher said:
    The moment that i unistaled and delete the files and reinstaled it should had fix the problem if it was damage before i unistal.

That's not how it works, at all. If your disk is damaged, it's damaged, period. If it's fragmented, same thing.

SOrry for repeating myself again, but its strange than its only at DBD this problem presist, will try to fragment it but rly douth its my side faulth, this bug happened once and they fixed in the next day btw.

• Orion
    Options

@Crusher said:

@Orion said:

@Crusher said:

SOrry for repeating myself again, but its strange than its only at DBD this problem presist, will try to fragment it but rly douth its my side faulth, this bug happened once and they fixed in the next day btw.

It could very well be the game, but since none of us have any influence in the game, you might as well check your PC. If it's something in your PC, you can fix it yourself. If it's something in the game, all you can do is wait.

• Crusher
    Options

@Orion said:

@Crusher said:

@Orion said:

@Crusher said:

It could very well be the game, but since none of us have any influence in the game, you might as well check your PC. If it's something in your PC, you can fix it yourself. If it's something in the game, all you can do is wait.

Yeah i have just fragment, but nothing sadly :-( the problem still presisting. Oh well i will just wait. Cheers for the suggestions btw.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    The ‘Disco’ category looks interesting. 
  • Orion
    Options

@DarkWo1f997 said:

It's Portuguese for both "Disk" and "Disc".

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    Orion said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

I understand it’s another language. It was a joke. Meant to be funny. 
  • TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    Options

My game has been freezing like hell ever since the mid chapter update, and it only got worse when the event dropped.

• Crusher
    Options

Found the problem after all...it was the transation from normal game into event one...since event started and download into my screen its back to normal, game no longer is eating the disc.

• Crusher
    Options

@Orion said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Whoah, i am a portuguese xD

• Orion
    Options

@Crusher said:

@Orion said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

I know. I speak Portuguese.

• Crusher
    Options

@Orion said:

@Crusher said:

@Orion said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

I know. I speak Portuguese.

Hehe não te tinha dito que era do jogo? tal igual. Era a transição do evento para o jogo que estava a me foder o disco todo.

"Hehe didnt i say it was from the game? Like i told. It was the transation of the event stuff into the game that was f****** complitely my disk."