The Hallowed Blight Event - Changes & Activities

Options

Comments

• Hubz
    Hubz Member Posts: 21
    Options

I am fine with the limit on how much you can get. I wasn't but now that it has changed I'm fine with it. I just really wish the cosmetics were limited event items. Any one can buy these and then they aren't special. I wanted them to be a skin that showed skill, but now it will show wealth. I will repeat myself in saying I am glad you have changed the amount of cosmetics we can get.

• Twinkletits
    Twinkletits Member Posts: 60
    Options

Well, I am very much greatful that you guys listened to the community and increased the amount of free outfits to two even though one was absolutley fine. I do however have 1 thing to biatch about and that's the amount of outfits for survivors; in my opinion it's fine when you guys make an uneven amount of outfits for a non-holiday collection however I would much rather see 5 survivor and 5 killer outfits for special occasions like halloween (it's more fair for people who let's say only play survivor). So if you guys are planning another great event for winter please do make sure the amount of outfits we get is even. <3

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

:D:D

I was planning only getting for my main huntress but now I don't know who else to buy

Same I might get trappers as he's just looks like I'm gonna hook you and drink your blood
  • redsopine1
    Options
    Can we get a enlarged screen shot on what the hooks and what the survivors need to go to look like
  • redsopine1
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Also can you specify how many we need to fill a vial please
  • Gottlos
    Gottlos Member Posts: 105
    Options
    not_Queen said:

People of the fog!

The Hallowed Blight is coming to Dead by Daylight today!

This event will unlock new Lore, add gameplay interactions, bring back the beloved spoopy items, and allow players to earn large amounts of Bloodpoints through offerings. For the first time in Dead by Daylight’s history, the player will be able to choose their reward from a pool of 7 amazing outfits.

CHANGES

Yesterday, we received a lot of feedback from the Community about The Hallowed Blight event cosmetic rewards.
    In light of this feedback, we decided to make some changes!

Players will now be able to earn up to 2 full outfits (or 6 individual cosmetic items) of their choice from The Hallowed Blight Collection! The vials cap has been raised from 15 to 30 vials for each role, for a total of 60 vials.

Dates

The event will be live from October 19th to November 2nd.

The Hallowed Blight Collection

The Doctor - Foul Bile
    The Hillbilly - Osseous Carcass
    The Huntress - Growth Surge
    The Trapper - King of the Hooks
    Wraith - Seeping Hollow

Claudette Morel - Vigo's Pupil
    Dwight Fairfield - Vigo's Apprentice

EVENT GAMEPLAY

Contests

Rules
    Entries

Rules
    Entries

Rules
    Entries

Have a spooky time!

The Dead by Daylight team

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options
    To be honest, this new update is what I thought it was gonna be. My hopes were up that we could get 2 full cosmetics for each killer and survivor. Ahh well, rip my money.
  • Gottlos
    Options
    While I appreciate free stuff as much as the next guy I also understand it costs time and money to do cool events like this, and I hope it doesn't sway the decision to do future events. Thanks devs for the hard work, it is definitely worth money!
  • KOFF
    KOFF Member Posts: 15
    Options
    This event is live now and i played couple matches on killer and surviver and didn't manage to get any serum that i supposed to get....
  • Gottlos
    Options
    Boss said:

@not_Queen said:
    Hello! Yes we are aware of the connection issues. I am waiting on an official word to be able to communicate about it. I think a lot of you are trying to get in game :)

Maybe some budget can go into preventing this in the future. :)

Perhaps if the community didn't threaten to burn the place down every time they tried to get some money... Hmmmmm
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

@Gottlos said:
    Boss said:

@not_Queen said:

Hello! Yes we are aware of the connection issues. I am waiting on an official word to be able to communicate about it. I think a lot of you are trying to get in game :)

Maybe some budget can go into preventing this in the future. :)

Perhaps if the community didn't threaten to burn the place down every time they tried to get some money... Hmmmmm

Lol, this recent error was their intention!

• Orkhun
    Orkhun Member Posts: 6
    Options

Game event needs more pumpkins :)

• lunarjenacide
    lunarjenacide Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Why are the spooky items so hard to get
     Please can you make them appear more?
  • Boss
    Options

So guys...

Am i the only one who often reads it as Cancerous instead of Cankerous?

• redsopine1
    Options
    Last one from me but can you clarify on the two cosmetics can it be two killer or is it one of each?
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Boss said:
    So guys...

Same thing in terms of plants. On a human a canker is like an ulcer. On a plant it's like a tumor.

• Boss
    Options

@purebalance said:

@Boss said:
    So guys...

Same think in terms of plants. On a human a canker is like an ulcer. On a plant it's like a tumor.

Huh. Neato. Well, not for the plant, but neato for my brain to know.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    edited October 2018
    Options

So now you can unlock a full outfit for killer AND survivor which is totally fair and only that change was needed imo.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Options
    Some people want to survive, others seek bloodpoints, and it's easier to earn many points by extracting juice than repairing or cleansing or saving hooked companions. I should had set a percentage of the total, instead of a fixed amount, as juice bonus, so no objectives, no extra points.
  • draco16
    draco16 Member Posts: 2
    Options

PLEASE uncap the dang earning limit it isnt fair to limit only 2 skins at least make it 4 skins some people love the killer skins (also kinda like glow claudete) and i made a mistake buy not reading this page before i bought her shirt now i cant get the huntress weapon when i wanted claudete's huntress and wrath skins
    (also cant afford to buy it with real money dispite it only being 5 bucks * im jobless)

• Entità
    Options
    Entità said:
    @not_Queen During that wonderful event there will be very much grinding, and very much grinding means a lot of extra Iridescent Shards, so I ask: why don't you double o triple the content of the Shrine of Secrets until the end of the Hallowed Blight? It would be an incentive to try new combinations of strange perks, to play more!
    I humbly submit my proposal to you again.

• Jed
    Jed Member Posts: 254
    Options

@Orkhun said:
    Game event needs more pumpkins :)

Or just Pumpkinhead. ;)

• redsopine1
    Options
    Devs can yoy change the earn limit in game to more then one vial a game reason I'm asking is because people are not using the event tokens if there vials almost full when if everyone partakes we can get 7hooks and 7 plants and in doing so we can get one to two vials depending on if its nearly complete when we enter making the game more fun as people will be less likely to try hard for points
  • TheWorldconsumer
    TheWorldconsumer Member Posts: 82
    Options

@redsopine1 said:
    Devs can yoy change the earn limit in game to more then one vial a game reason I'm asking is because people are not using the event tokens if there vials almost full when if everyone partakes we can get 7hooks and 7 plants and in doing so we can get one to two vials depending on if its nearly complete when we enter making the game more fun as people will be less likely to try hard for points

Total lack of punctuation aside, I agree with OP: It would be neato if we could fill another vial if one is full- the guy in the new Video also had 2 of em :)
    It would help both sides, as killers would still get nectar from overhooking their vials and survs could still farm the nectar bulbs until all are done- had some games in which only 2 were done from 6 as all survs had full vials... pretty big waste of offerings there.

• georhan369
    georhan369 Member Posts: 19
    Options

Anyone else struggling to actually play? I have a type 2 NAT and have been getting the CE-34878-0 or endless loading screen every time I try playing killer, which I've only received since this update.

• Wolf177
    Wolf177 Member Posts: 4
    Options

A little issue I found last night. The vial section of the HUD did not appear on my screen for me last night at all. I was still collection the nectar but it wasn't showing up on screen.

• pogo688
    pogo688 Member Posts: 4
    Options

thank you :)

• Lavernne
    Lavernne Member Posts: 98
    Options

@ACEvHEARTS said:
    A lot of us are also concerned about what survivors can do to earn the bonus bloodpoints after everyone has all their vials. With past events having the special gens, you could endlessly keep farming BP until the event was done, as long as you had offerings to burn. But with this mechanism, when you’re done, you’re done. You can’t participate anymore. And that’s a shame. Please consider making it so that survivors can still help harvest nectar after they’ve completed their goal, even if they don’t actually get any more real vials out of it. 

yeah, its not nice. :(

• redsopine1
    edited October 2018
    Options
    And I just clocked on a huge issue if everyone that runs survivor fills all there vials then killers are going to have harder games to fill there vials in time at least let the basement hooks count as event hooks with the same one hook for juice rule sure it might encourage basment camping but at least killers wont be having to go into 2-3 games just for 1 vial
  • Fnatic47
    Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396
    edited October 2018
    Options

I love this event at all !! I just hate the amazing idea of players be able to ONLY unlock 2 full outfits or 6 cosmetics for free (Head - Torso and Legs)( Weapons has a killer). People, it is a event.. let the players have fun in the game, a lot players not just Killers but Survivors waste their time playing the game just to unlock 2 amazing Skins ??!! We have 5 amazing skins for the Killers and 2 for Survivors. Theres a lot people who probably gives real money (Auric Cells) to buy the skins i understand that markting thing but, it is a event guys.. Could you guys of DBD think those people who don t have possibility to give you money to unlock skins with Auric Cells ?! Do you know how frustration you guys are making in this community.. You guys basicllly are forcing people to gives you money for skins in the Halloween Event... Really... Wake up guys... Ho by the way congratz for the artists who made those amazing skins for this event, they are beautifull (Killer/Survivor) <3DBD<3

• Gunmech04
    Gunmech04 Member Posts: 77
    Options

I'm completely and totally over this stupid event. They haven't fixed anything, the idiot survivors now just go collect this stupid juice and that's it. The healing nerfs, pallet changes, extra hooks being added, this event is so Killer biased it's laughable. Can't get enough gens to even attempt an escape because all of the morons running around as Survivor can't seem to grasp that gens need to be done, the juice is a moronic secondary objective that quite frankly should have been better thought out. And the fact that to get both Cosmetics you are forced to play both Killer and Survivor. Sorry but I have no intention of running around as killer just because the idiots at Behavior can't grasp a simple thought that some people don't want to play as Killer and some don't want to play as a Survivor. I'm sick of the ways they constantly try to force you to play both roles all the time. I've almost reached the point where I am going bail on this game and go back to 7 Days to Die, at least that was fun.

• pogo688
    pogo688 Member Posts: 4
    Options

i recommend doing these plants on the generators before actually repairing them, basically harvest them off the gen to start repairing this would fix the issue of not focusing gens at all during the event rather than just doing these plants and dying (which has been the case since this event started) :(

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Options

@lunarjenacide said:

I believe them to be "Artifact" quality. Which is the highest rarity. They should be available every year....but be very hard to stockpile.

• Radiant
    Radiant Member Posts: 187
    Options

Poorly designed boring killer sided event.
    Hire decent game designers, plz.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

This event is a halloween event and when I was huntress with her new axe and mask, I fake afk'd and a meg scared the hell out of me when i turned around

• Tonk
    Tonk Member Posts: 1
    Options

Please can you adjust the event so survivors can still harvest the plants after reaching 30 vials? I just got my 30 and was really disappointed when I dropped an offering and couldn't even touch the plant I'd brought into the game.

I think this really needs to be changed because once survivors finish their objective there is not much incentive to stay survivor and killer queues are going to completely stagnate while the event is on. I'm honestly concerned if I will even be able to find a game as killer in the next few days once everyone starts finishing their survivor vials and switching over. I think it will be dangerous for the game as a whole.

• Entità
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Entità said:
    Entità said:
    @not_Queen During that wonderful event there will be very much grinding, and very much grinding means a lot of extra Iridescent Shards, so I ask: why don't you double o triple the content of the Shrine of Secrets until the end of the Hallowed Blight? It would be an incentive to try new combinations of strange perks, to play more!
    I humbly submit my proposal to you again.

Have I written anything so horrible not to receive any answer? It seems a good and reasonable idea to me: event --> grinding --> more Iridescent Shards --> more purchasable perks.
  • Cuukie
    Cuukie Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2018
    Options

This even is complete trash. Designed so the killers just have to play normally to get their currency yet survivors have to go WAY out of their way and waste a metric ######### ton of their time to get theirs. The way this event is designed encourages survivors to not even play. In my last 15 games I have completed almost 1 gen each game...total completed gens in my last 15 games....about 18....then additionally on top of that in 90% of my games people just fill up there ######### then sandbag the rest of the team to end the game as quickly as possible.

Not even worth playing until the event is over if you play survivor unless you wana just farm the event....which i care literally none about due to the quality of the cosmetics.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options
    1. Run to flowers
    2. Fill vial
    3. Run to killer
    4. Suicide on hook
    5. Repeat
  • HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181
    Options

Meh, I don't play killer, why can't I earn both survivor outfits ?! :(

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@lunarjenacide said:

I believe them to be "Artifact" quality. Which is the highest rarity. They should be available every year....but be very hard to stockpile.

They are of the Event Rarity. Artifacts are unique Streamer cosmetics.
  • Nantes
    Nantes Member Posts: 74
    edited October 2018
    Options

Does anyone know if the halloween cosmetics will still be available for purchase with Auric Cells after the event is over? Has BHVR commented on this?

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    Options

@Nantes said:
    Does anyone know if the halloween cosmetics will still be available for purchase with Auric Cells after the event is over? Has BHVR commented on this?

Yes, they will be in the official cosmetics store forever (auric cells only, no iredescent shards.)

• Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    Options
    Thank you Devs ❤️
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thank you @not_Queen

One little thing which I know you are currently working on, the killer queue times are making people disheartened to try and get the killer vials.

I propose the following solutions, allow killers to get 1/3 of a vial per hook and also 2 vials per match so the queues go back to normal quicker.

The other is to allow survivors to keep collecting the serum once the vials are completed, it prolongs the game for killers to get more hooks and it could be done in such a way as to share half of what you earn to the other players still needing vials making it more of a community event as the survivors who have completed the event just want to play an offering for the extra bloodpoints.
    Post edited by twistedmonkey on
  • CanFly
    CanFly Member Posts: 3
    Options

The event itself is not very good, search the lobby for the maniac very long. But the appearance of the killers is great. The history of the diary is very interesting