This game is too black and white

Options

Nearly every game I've played since the RE update came out has been either an overwhelming killer victory, or an overwhelming survivor victory. Maybe the killer will get five, maybe six hooks before everyone escapes, or maybe the survivors will do 2 or 3 gens before everyone dies.

There are those games where one or two people might die, usually at the end because the killer has NOED or rancor or something, but games where it feels like a tense match on the survivor end are incredibly rare, and any sort of fun on the killer end completely depends on both the map and how each survivor plays.

This isn't a fun outcome on either side. I've stopped playing killer at this point because of how ridiculously fast games can be finished when compared to the time I have to wait to even get into one.

Comments

• Ashreave
    Ashreave Member Posts: 139
    Options

I mean by it's very nature a game about "the most dangerous game" was always going to be difficult to balance. I'm genuinely confused by the concept of a competitive scene in this game. The game like a real slasher movie is basically a roll of the dice on who wins and who loses. Treating it any other way seems kinda beside the point. It's why Killers like Blight and Trickster and Legion are kinda lame. They make the game fair at the price of ruining the slasher illusion. The oldest killers did a better job of disguising the balance on the survivor side. The three killers I mentioned break the illusion too easily.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Yea I see it too and its crazy. One side dominating whole match until it ends in their victory, no in between.

And those in between games are the most fun imo for both sides even though they are very rare.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

Ever since I've stopped using gen defense perks the games have always been interesting and not lobsided. True, I've lost a lot of games but they have been mostly like 7-8 hooks which is a good place to be in and makes a game interesting. And also yeah, I've had 0 hook 5 gen games but it's entirely my fault.

• Ashreave
    Ashreave Member Posts: 139
    Options

It's honestly a miracle there are even strategies for winning in this game that kinda work. Given the premise.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Because balance is non existent in this game.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Yeah, it reminds me of Mario Party. Some of those mini games were lowkey impossible for the solo player, and some were genuinely ridiculous for the 3 homies banging in the wrong hood. The difference was no flashlights to click... I mean, no one took it seriously.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

There is no perfect balance for this game or any game. What balance exist is based on two people dying and two people living which by some miracle that seems to have been kept barring the Dark Times:tm: when killing people was rare and killers turning on the game was even rarer.

It would be nice to have more time in general to just play the game. You spend so much time in lobbies waiting only to get into a game that is basically who dumpsters who. It sucks. You can't even really feel super comfortable about learning a new killer unless they are strong by default cause you're not gonna be in game long enough to even feel anything out. A lot of us have played a lot of hours over the years, but the amount of people who can just pick up any killer and just go at it is pretty small.

Most of the time it feels like the moment you start going up in rank consistently on a killer a lot of fun get sucked out of the game. You get to a point where trying new things in your build are interesting at the cost of bp, rank if you care about that, and some of your sanity when you're just getting games where it's either you getting wrecked or people just lining up to be on hooks.

Game needs spicing up. Or at very least give a mode that's purely for fun. Like All random survivor killer. You get a random killer or survivor, random perks and no starting items or add-ons for both sides. You just play with what you get as killer and survivors can still open chests and find items.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 884
    edited July 2021
    Options

great idea, while it would make the game even more random than it already is (and therefore probably more frustrating sometimes), you wouldn't see the same old 10 perks every game, it would spice it up. It would be more about your general skill and how you adapt to things and not so much about crutches like OP add-ons for killers and second chance/exhaustion perks for survivors

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Then increase your color saturation.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

I just had a game as solo against a Legion who had all of us hooked twice when last gen was done. The game ended with 2 kills and all got 25000 BPs or more. So far from being black or white you can come..so a colorful game perhaps.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Eh, I don’t know if I agree entirely.

On survivor there is ALOT of gray area because the killer can choose a playstyle like Camping or Tunneling, and even though that isn’t how every killer plays… you are still left wondering if you will get that type of killer or not.

There is a lot of gray area just on RNG alone. Either side can play sweaty but if the map isn’t siding with either one, they will have a harder time.