Community goal style blood hunt events

It would be nice to get blood hunt events back but I was thinking of taking it a step further.

Once every three months there will be a bloodhunt event. The event will be affected by how well the community does in certain categories the month (or other time frame) prior. The stats will be live tracked for everyone to see. Examples could be total hooks made, gens completed, ability hits, blood points gained etc. There will be several milestones the increase the BP multiplier for the event.

The event would start at a baseline of 1.5x BP gain. For every milestone reached the multiplier would increase by 0.25 or 0.5. The blood hunt event would only last 3 days to 7 days.

Comments

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

I wouldn't mind that.

To add to your suggestion is.. what they could do is have the event between rifts, during the dead time between chapters and challenges, to have something to force players to log on and play.

It's super fun having events during rifts for the extra bloodpoints and at chapter release to help get the new perks faster, but then you get there fast, and stop playing again.

Say, right now..

Anniversary/rift closes the 21st, 22nd or something. (but originally it should have closed the 14th)

Your event suggestion could take place on the weekend of the 24th.

My logic:

• Rifts last 70 days
    • Rifts come every 3 months (let's round this to 90 days)
    • New chapters come out halfway during the rift (usually during the third level of the rift, with still an extra 3-4 weeks of rift to go)
    • You have 20 days (3 weeks, more or less) of dead time between the end of the rift and the new one
    • No event the first weekend, the rift just ended
    • No event the last weekend, the new chapter is coming out soon
    • Middle weekend makes the most sense

But I mean it could totally be on the first weekend of the "dead time" since rifts are super easy to max out now, with the changes that make them less grindy, people who care about the rift will have completed it weeks prior.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

That honestly would be the best time to place it. I feel like if behavior did stuff like this it would help make the community feel more involved.