Thoughts on make your choice...

selflessnea
selflessnea Member Posts: 565
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

Since make your choice exposes the unhooker it kinda makes the perk a "tunnel perk". Not in the idea that it encourages the killer to go after the person of the hook, but rather that the person who got the unhook will often times hide if they are full health.

I've had many games as both survivor or killer where, unless it was a killer that could move fast across the map, the person who got unhooked would get chased instead. I'm not saying it's a bad perk but it often tines leads to the killer only finding the injured survivor.

Obviously this perk is designed in a way that you get more pressure by not tunneling, but it ultimately falls short when it promotes hiding on the side of the survivors. Regardless if as the killer ypu are intentionally tunneling or not, from the survivor view point it is a tunnel.

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I suppose that is the point of the perk, you get someone after an unhook, regardless. It is decent, but like you said, anything that encourages hiding kind of drains my fun, so I will never run it.

• Pittelli_Money
    Pittelli_Money Member Posts: 9

It’s a perk that promotes not camping. However on certain killers it’s very good As a killer main I use it on a few Hag and Wraith.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

Well yeah. Of course it has a 32 m radius to proc. But that isn't what I'm getting at. I'm talking about after the unhook has happened while you were 32 meters away and come back only to find the one that just got unhooked

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

It’s fine but only useful on certain killers namely wraith and hag. It can be annoying on hag but that’s more due to hags power than the perk

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,200

It's the absolute opposite of a tunnel perk...

It requires the killer to:

• leave the hook
    • go after the unhooker, not the unhookee

It is one of the many healthy anti-tunnel/anti-camping killer perks, along with Devour Hope, BBQ & Chilli, Furtive Chase, etc.

But I guess survivors don't want fair mechanics, just punishment for killers.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,962

Since they added the map wide scream it is easier to determine who has the exposed and I love that

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

lol I hate the name, I don’t see how not unhooking someone because of being instadowned is really a choice

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

It's a good perk although its kind of killer dependent, but an underrated aspect of this perk that people don't realize is it discourages camping and tunneling. By requiring you're away from the hook and giving you incentive to get the unhooker instead.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
  • Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

I know Wraith has a fetish for this perk.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096
    edited July 2021

not really fair points. the unhooked can hide just as much as the rescuer, they just suck at it apparently. anyway, the killer has 2 survs he can down, that means great pressure. their choice whichever one they wanna go after. and the final point, the perk enables hiding as any other perk does, the rescuer was just too scared. red ranked survs run up to the killer exposed with no problem.

great with people who'd rather go after 2 survs especially when they haven't found anyone else yet or can risk going back.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

It's called a trade deal, I find it far less oppressive than starstruck.