Heals using your medkit should award altruism points

senpi0
senpi0 Member Posts: 16
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

So my proposal here is this: If you bring a medkit to the trial, or you plunder/rummage one out of a chest and pick it up, and you give it to someone else and this person heals themselves with it, you should get points for that heal. Maybe not the same scoring for healing someone, but at least something.For me at least, it's not uncommon to bring a kit into a game, and when I go rescue someone off of a hook, or when someone requests a heal, I instead give them my medkit so they can heal themselves. I do this to increase my team's total APM, since instead of stopping to heal and then getting into a gen, I can give them my medkit, and do a gen while they are healing, which is more efficient and get things done quicker.

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,242
    edited July 2021

If you want the altruism points you could always heal them using the medkit...

I suppose if someone else picks up an item you've dropped, whatever that item is, you could get a small amount of points for that.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,693
    edited July 2021

Honeslty if you drop an item and someone else picks it up, you should just get altruism points on hte spot for giving someone else an item, doesn't need to be attached to them using it and can be any item.

The better the rarity of the item and it's addons, the more points you get. Brown is worth 100 points, yellow 200, green 300, purple 400, pink 500.

Brown item with 2 brown addons? 300 points.

Pink item with 2 purple addons? 1300 points.

Of course these points can only be gotten once per item, meaning you can't just pass it around for points.

If someone with a looting build supplies their whole team with decent items, instead of just running a white ward and killing themselves on the hook to farm items quickly, they should get some reward for it at least in the form of a few thousand points

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,242
    edited July 2021

Eh, those points are so high they'd create a new survivor meta where you have to exchange items, and I cba standing around swapping items around for the first 30 seconds of a match. I'd say 100/150/200/250/300 per item rarity and add ons don't factor into it.

• senpi0
    senpi0 Member Posts: 16

Yeah sure, I could always heal them myself and get the points, but my proposal is aimed to encourage efficiency on the survivor side. Currently I have little to no incentive on SoloQ to let someone heal with my medkit while I do a gen, which would result in 16 seconds of solo gen progress and healing progress.