Survivor Archive Challenges

Why are they so ridiculously tedious? The killer challenges are nowhere near as bad, aside from the odd master challenge that makes you want to jump off a bridge. But survivor challenges can take upwards of 15 games to finish depending on the challenge, where as the killer ones take, at most, five or six. Why make them so tedious?

Comments

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

bc survivors have technically more "idle" time

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I've wondered that myself. I blitzed through the killer challenges - the only ones I have remaining are kill two people in EGC with NOED (I've never used NOED and I want to keep that up) and sacrifice all four survivors in the basement (because ew.) Typically they can be done in 1-5 games. Meanwhile I have tons of survivor challenges left because they have horribly tedious ones like cleanse 20 totems or get 12 unhooks, or ones that really depend on the killer I'm playing against or the flow of the match (unhook 3 people who unhooked you earlier, get 4 pallet stuns in one match, safely unhook someone during the EGC, escape through the hatch.) I think killer challenges tend to be quicker to get because you control more of the variables, but even the grindy ones like break 25 pallets or hit 25 survivors or get 12 kills aren't bad because they're things you're doing en masse anyway, and you can easily shift your build to aid in them. Meanwhile, if I have to farm stuns or blinds... I'm not getting pallet blinds against any ranged or ranged-lite killers, and I'm not going to be able to pallet stun a killer who always respects the pallet. Even killers who don't respect pallets, I can typically only get 1 or 2 each game because they aren't bots and they learn from their mistakes. Cleansing totems is a waste of time if the killer didn't bring any hexes. Can't be chased by the killer for X seconds if it's Victor doing the chasing. Stuff like that.

Survivor challenges also tend to ask players to throw the game doing stupid things more often than killer challenges, which is bad design for team-based gameplay. The only killer challenge I can think of that really needs you to play stupid is the one that wants you to kick 5 different gens in one game. Meanwhile survivors have one-match challenges like point at the killer with Premonition twice (and do it 15 times during the match because getting it to trigger is stupidly finicky), hide within 10m from the killer for 60 seconds, do 2 BT unhooks in the killer's face, get 4 unhooks, lure the killer over to your gen to pop it in their face 2x (now with new Red Herring flavor), drop a pallet to lure over the killer so you can reset it and drop it on them, and keep running up the same staircase in chase so you can drop off it and immediately get hit during the stagger 3x.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

Most of them are just "do x thing x times" and the numbers increase with every level on the Tome. It's pretty annoying. I'm just glad the killer ones are still pretty easy. Imagine if "chase survivors for 300 seconds" was inflated to be on par with "heal 15 health states of your team"

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited July 2021

I still want to know how a solo survivor on console is supposed to complete 4 gens in one match with the perk Dark Sense.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

Wasnt it 3?

Also i ended up getting it after a few tries, wasnt has hard as i though, i basically played heavily passive, focusing entirely on gens and using perks that allowed me to evade the killer, such has Fixated.

Im currently stuck on getting 4 safe unhooks in one game...

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

Screw gen repair challenges or totem ones they take me like 5 hours

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Nope, it's 4. Tome I Level 4 - Dark Sense. Finish Repairing 4 Generator(s) using the perk dark sense. Complete this chlalenge in a single trial.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

If I can recall I'm pretty sure I got that challenge before they reworked toolboxes

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259

Survivor have easier master challenges but what makes normal challenges boring is how many times you need play.

Example:

Killer: "damage generator 15 times"

Survivor: "repair total amount of 15 generators"

Killer challenge is easily done in two games but survivor challenge takes you 4 games if you just sit on gens and 8 games if you play normally.

Killer: "Hit survivor 20 times with basic attack"

Survivor: "Unhook survivor safely or take protection hit 20 times"

Again killer challenge is done in 2 games max, even in one game if you just go for it but survivor challenge takes atleast 4 games and probably 7 games to complete.

Then there is master challenges which are much easier to survivors where killers have challenges like

Legion: Hit survivors 5 times with a single use of feral frenzy which is all luck based because they need to be close to each other or in perfect distance to achieve that

Plague: Hit 2 survivors at the same time with 1 corrupt purge attack, do this 2 times in 1 game, again you must be luckiest killer in the world to do that when theres never 2 survivors close to each other when you use corrupt purge and camping hook is probably the best way to complete that.

Survivor master challenges are much easier when there is challenges like: "Stun the Killer 4 times" where you have pallets, Head On, DS, Flashlight save which stuns killer or Unhook 2 survivors, Cleanse 2 totems and finish 2 generators as Ace Visconti" which means that play normal game and challenge is done.

Well maybe it should be that way that other side have easier normal but harder master challenges and so on.

Btw, Legion challenge is only ome I haven't done. I even struggled with 4 hits and haven't even try to complete that last challenge. Maybe I should try it.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I got the 4 hit Legion one by breaking up a heal party, but the 5 hit one I had to farm for. It's just never going to happen in normal gameplay where you find all four survivors in the same spot and they screw up running in different directions.

That said, there's some frustratingly hard survivor master challenges too, and easy killer master challenges. Complete 4 gens with Dark Sense, get 4 unhooks in one game (there's only 6 unhooks possible and you're competing with 2 other players for each one, assuming you're even in a position to; if you're not in a SWF, this is very hard), hide within 10m of the killer for 30s and then escape. Meanwhile there's level 4 killer master challenges like get a 4k with this killer, get a 3k using these perks, and close the hatch.