Horrible killer queues

...and survivor queues take just seconds. Are everybody collecting bloodpoints with event cakes and BBQ or what explains this?

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,085

Survivors got fed up by the constant Nerfs of those Killer-sided Devs. Dont believe this?

My Instant Survivor-Queues say otherwise!!!111

(Most likely event-related, it is way easier to get Bloodpoints as Killer and also way easier to get Cakes as Killer. However, it is like this since the RE-Chapter released, so not sure if it will be different after the event concluded)

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

For me, survivor has instant queue until later in the night where killer has instant queue. The opposite is only ever 2 to 3 minutes though, nothing insane.

But yeah, for the event, I assume people have their grind on and killer gives far more consistent BP. Not only that, but the bloodwebs give them more cake, and to burn more cakes, you need to play more killer.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes, it's the BP. Many people only count BP per trial instead of BP per unit of time, so they think killers get a lot more BP than survivors.

• ThiccBudhha

Even if survivor had twice the BP per unit of time, I would make more as a killer. I am absolutely certain of that. I am only rank 16 and think that it is outrageous that the game would even push me to that. Rank 20 survivors are better than I am at that role. It is RIGGED, fam. I could die in the first 10 seconds, suicide on hook, and the game doesn't derank me. It is like, "oh, yeah, seems legit, this is average performance for a rank 16 player."

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

How the turntables

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459
    edited July 2021

Reason 1: Majority of PS4 player base (which is almost as big as PC player base) plays survivor and since PS4 is literally unplayable right now (as are XBOX and Switch) there is not enough survivors.

Reason 2: Some survivors play almost exclusively killer during the event because of more BP.

Reason 3: RE chapter brought a lot of new players and everyone wants to play Nemesis.

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436

Iam a better killer as surv, but the reason to play just killer these days is: I need 3-5 bloodwebs to get ONE cake with my P3 Komplett Ash. the rest is just toolboxes, medkids and flashlights. its a) bad pitty or b) just bullshit :/

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited July 2021

It sounds like you're just better as killer. Doesn't mean killers get more BP overall as a matter of fact.

PS: You can't derank below rank 16 except as a result of rank reset. It's been that way for a while.

• ThiccBudhha

Really? I thought the rank reset placed me at 17. Maybe I was misreading it or something.

No idea what the survivor BP boosting perks are, but BBQ and Chili is lit. You get that dank 100% bonus. I rarely see survivors running the equivalent, so maybe that is why everyone thinks killers get more BP? Idk.

• FogofWar23
    FogofWar23 Member Posts: 75
  • lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

There's just a greater number of killers queuing up along with you at the time. The same thing happens to survivors depending on the time you queue.

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

We Are Gonna Live Forever is survivors' "BBQ", but a lot of times you can't get 4 stacks (unhooks and protection hits). Survivors have to compete against each other about unhooks, and if someone gets it right in your face, you wasted your time without getting stack or altruism points. There is only certain amount of unhooks during the game, and sometimes you are always in a wrong place.

Protection hits are not limited but the same problem: a lot times you are in a wrong place, or you have to throw the game to get protections hits.

Killers get more naturally points to every category, survivors have to choose and also compete against each other. I think that explains why survs get so few points compared to killer

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Will probably end when event is over.

A lot of people are probably doing Killer Tome quests, and the BP is super lucrative right now on killer thanks to all the cake going around.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I have been getting pretty short survivor and relatively long killer queues recently. Not to the same degree as survivor during peak hours but decently long.

This last chapter has been pretty lame so I can see that being a problem, but also the fact that a lot of console players aren't playing right now thanks to performance issues, and they also make up the combined majority of the playerbase.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    edited July 2021

Reason #1 makes no sense, if more people are playing Survivor then survivor queues get longer and killer queue gets faster.

Reason #3 was true maybe a month ago. Today Nemesis is uncommon, not barely seen like Hag or Billy but hardly "everyone wants to play him." Most common killer right now is Wraith.

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459

You misunderstood what I wrote.

That is USUALLY the case, but not now since the game is so buggy that it is unplayable for console players. So after the RE patch which broke the console version of the game there is not a lot of console survivor players, which makes killer queues longer.

I hope I explained it clearer now.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

I'm still getting instant killer queues at night, but during the day, killer queues are significantly longer than usual. I'm guessing event-related; killers make more BP and earn more cakes.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267
    edited July 2021

The ques have been getting faster for killers in the past couple of days. But yeah people are grinding for points, and with killer you can easily earn way more points than as a survivor. And killers actually get a lot of cakes. After the event is over the ques will return back to normal.