We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

could pennywise even be in this game?

Options
Lord_Tony
Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

If I recall pennywise is actually deadlights he isn't a clown at all the clown is his avatar.

he is a being similar to the entity i don't see how the entity can contain a being similar to himself.

Comments

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878
    Options

The problem with Pennywise is that his best known appearance is that a clown, so we would have to do it with his powers in appearance in such a way that it didn’t make the call and we already have completely useless.

• Lord_Tony
    edited July 2021
    Options

the only way I can see it being done is if pennywise shows up unannounced and being the first killer to break into his realm.

other than that a being made of a deadlight should be able to simply refuse the entity with no trouble

• Lord_Tony
    Options

it would make more sense if pennywise broke into the enttiy's realm rather than being taken from his realm

with the entity allowing it but watching him very closely and nervously

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,726
    Options

It probably would, which is why Pennywise would WANT to be there in order for it to be there. Pennywise would also probably have a power that involves killing on its own or add-ons, like Pyramid Head and Michael. (Both also seen as strong and even able to disobey the entity, which is why they're able to kill so easily without a mori or certain perks).

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Why people hold Myers to such a high standard? The movies only depicted him as an immortal guy, survivors can briefly stop him with a pallet and the entity is a God, it would just traps him in a room until he starts obeying again.

• Lord_Tony
    Options
  • Dito175
    Options

I just see Michael as someone who just doesn't care about, he knows there's a punishment for disobeying and he doesn't care. The Entity probably already know this and let it slide a few times since there's no point but it can definitely stops him if it wants.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited July 2021
    Options

Because there is a bunch of background lore that basically makes him an all powerful force of evil. Like he is apparently this avatar of Evil Incarnate, rather than just a superpowered serial killer.

No, it doesn't really show up on screen and it isn't really important to his 'mythos.' So it isn't really 'diegetically true' in the story as we see it.

But it was important enough to the license holder that Myers was the first killer the Entity politely invited, rather than 'ate.' Even Freddy didn't get that treatment. Despite the fact he is a guy with a knife 'on screen' in the 'background' he is far more powerful than that. An interesting writing choice, but one that needs to be recognized when talking about his interaction with DBD lore which is 'respecting' that.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 664
    edited August 2021
    Options

That and technically the Loser's Club killed him. He(It) is briefly referenced in Dream Catcher which also happens in Derry and has already dead by then if I remember right.

• Lord_Tony
    Options

it's also fitting to the lore that the entity gets displeased every time myers uses tombstones.

• WhoisJoe
    WhoisJoe Member Posts: 21
    Options

Im pretty sure that pennywise can be defeated if no one fears him , so since the entity cannot be threatened and has no fear i think that he can easily overpower and capture pennywise if needed to.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Well it may still be possible because we have killers similar to him.

Freddy Krueger is a being and master of the world of nightmares but his power would be the minimum.

Pinhead is another being and the cenobite leader in Hell, serving Leviathan. His powers are much higher than Freddy's and Similar to Pennywise.

If they put Pennywise in, he would have to have a lore similar to Pinhead, who got there just because the cube is in the Realm Entity, but what I do not know is if Pinhead has the necessary power to get out of there with the Cube. With Pennywise even though he is an entity, he is an Eater of Worlds. and he may want to break into the Realm Entity without his permission or be willing to do the job on his own.

• Lord_Tony
    Options

it seems more like pinhead invaded the entity's realm rather than the entity kidnapping pinhead.

box randomly shows up in the realm, pinhead teleports into it.

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

Unlikely for a variety of reasons. We already have a reality bender now (Pinhead), We already have a clown, and we already have a fair share of extradimensional sadists (Demo, Phead, Freddy). Pennywise just wouldn't provide anything we don't already have. Plus his lore would be super hard to work with.

• Lord_Tony
    Options

well the clown is an avatar the actual killer is deadlights

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    edited August 2021
    Options

Lord I even think shawn the sheep could be in this game as I think lol

• Dito175
    Options

The way i interpreted was the entity had its on eyes on him but couldn't actually go there and take him, so it took one box and placed it somewhere and waited. I don't think he can get out now.