am i the only one who struggles playing sprit

i have an exstremely hard time getting 4 ks and landing phase attacks i cant be the only one that doesnot think that she is not a easy to main killer (im rank 8/7 killer)

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164

Nope!

I don't like playing Spirit as I never really got a hang of using her powers. I'm sure if I actually worked at it a little bit, I'd be able to start 4King everybody like everyone else seems to be able to do with her but I just don't really care for her or her powers.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Same. I have said multiple times I can't use her. Can kill better with much weaker killers.

• yui_best_girl_at_me
    yui_best_girl_at_me Member Posts: 80

its the same with nurse but im somewhat good with her, i just dont care for there powers and think there boring

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I don’t do well with her. I get 4ks with trapper consistently but Spirit is just a different animal. I don’t have amazing headphones either so maybe that’s the issue.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Of course she isn´t as strong as some people claim. Most of the time, when survivors lose against her, is because someone gives up right at the start, by running towards her.

But the loud majority claims that shes OP, because they got a 4k with 32k points while being perk and addonless playing against 4 man SWF red rank deathsquads, when they played her for the first time. (no, thats not an exageration. People actually claim that)

• Aquamarine
    Aquamarine Member Posts: 207

No. I've played Spirit 2 times for dailies and got 0k and then 1k with Rancor. Im bad at tracking survivors by sound, so I mostly just chased them with 110% speed, lol.

I do way better with the Legion, even though they are much weaker. Not every killer and playstyle works for every player

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

i learned the hard way, you have to completely remove brane when playing spirit

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Don't worry about it OP, a lot of people struggle against her. She is very strong

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,115

I can't track survivors via sound. I can't use her phase mid-chase, otherwise I'll instantly lose the survivor, so I have to chase at 110% speed. A lot of survivors run Spine Chill now, meaning I can't get the first hit with her power, either. While I love the idea of her, I can't use her to get jump scares like I used to be able to; I want to play as her but I really can't get much of anything out of her anymore (and I'm talking as someone who doesn't play for kills but for BBQ stacks and/or memeing).

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

It's because the people whom say she's easy are salt mines. Either that, or they modify the game audio or pretty much do nothing but fake her power. Don't get me wrong. She's not Nurse, Huntress, or Blight levels of difficult, but there are far easier killers to have a grasp on. Don't feel bad if you struggle with her power as you get used to her. Even really good killers can get rusty with her.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Just need a better gaming chair and a good headset.

Or so I've read.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Which is weird that people say that because it's so easy to tell they're lying. You did not go up against a 4person swf red rank deathsquad and get a 4k with 32k points while perk and addonless (probably also claims they got 4 iri emblems). I remember learning Spirit for the first time, it was NOT that easy.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

You really have to be attentive. Like be able to notice grass movement, blood pools, etc. And yeah you need to be good with tracking with noise. So it's basically more about the noise survivors make more than anything, which is why the strider nerf pissed of a lot of spirit mains. I played her but she was not fun for me, her power felt dull boring.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

Hey everyone.. it’s me again.. the person that hates the Spirit but defends her for some ungodly reason….

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t grinning just a lillll bit because more people need to test her out and try to master her. It’s not automatic Easy Street but far too many people have that misconception.

OP I’m not grinning at your expense or saying you expected easy street so please understand that text in posts can lack playful or lighthearted tone. I’m just pleased to see someone open up about games as the spirit not being a fast and simple slaughter when there are so many demands for nerfs etc when I have strong doubts a vast majority of them actually ever play as her.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    edited July 2021

Tracking by sounds is not easy, especially in a game like DBD where it's a coin toss if you're going to hear some sounds. Scratch marks are garbage and grass doesn't exist everywhere. Also almost every match there's 2+ survivors using Iron Will. I actually have a harder time playing her than playing Huntress and Deathslinger for example, considering I have a FPS background.

The only easy thing about her is the stand still BS which shouldn't even exist anyway. Otherwise people who spam "no skill" are just salty and probably the survivors who Dead Hard for distance and camp safe pallets.

Edit: although I must admit she becomes incredible easy if you spend 3000$ on a headset and modify your sound files. But let's be real, that's not even 1% of the Spirit playerbase. It's the equivalent of an aimbot Huntress.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,026

She's simply not as easy or as strong as you've heard. She's not in her power all the time, so until she gets it back she's a 110% killer. People will use Iron Will against you; remember who has it and who doesn't. If you hear footsteps/injured sounds and you stop hearing them while phasing, stop or back up and you'll probably find them easier. If you try to do too many big mindgames guessing where they're gonna run, they'll see it and they'll mindgame you instead. Remember you can use the stand still/terror radius mindgames. For example, you'll be facing away from a gen when you start phasing, but in reality when that survivor who is still there starts working on the gen, you'll hear it and you can grab them. That's about all I got.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Whenever I play a new killer (or someone I haven't touched in ages) the match usually ends in 0 to 1k. Simply because I don't know the reach of the power. There's no muscle memory. I'm not used to the addons/ability, etc.

No shame in admitting that. Since every killer plays different.

• HipnoE
    HipnoE Member Posts: 68

survivor players overhype how powerful she is. you can still lose while playing spirit, survivors just dont like it when a killer is actually powerful enough to not get bullied. The only thing I dont like about spirit is I wish survivors had a bit more information. with that she would be balanced.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,940

I'm probably in a very small minority here but I find spirit boring to play

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

My suggestion to you is to not use stridor it honestly only makes you reliant on it and its about to be nerfed it is a good training wheel but unless you have surround headphones itll be hard to track surivors otherwise

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Alot of players struggle, but more survivors give up or dont actually try to counter her. But let's be real people always say brain dead killer or go off the most extreme killers to prove a point. No killer is a free win and there are alot of average players who arent gods with spirit, they just spin it to try get nerfs as usual.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Nah I'm with you buddy, I recognize her immense strength but I have some issues with hearing so when I go into phase I feel like Helen Keller.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I have poor hearing and lose survivors easily... So yeah, as much as I like her, I am probably never going to buy her, and she has 2 perks I want as well. So you KNOW it is bad.

• socalfusions
    socalfusions Member Posts: 123

You absolutely have to have a good headset and on top of that should be using Stridor which makes tracking them WAY easier. That's one of the main gripes currently with Spirit is the overpowered nature of Stridors increased breathing versus survivors even if they're using Iron Will (which is what's getting nerfed soon to tone down Spirit). You really do have to pay close attention to scratch marks and do some minimal guesswork if they try to walk away during a phase while not injured. Spirit is definitely broken in the right hands and is more beginner friendly than other S tier killers such as Nurse.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

I play her with no stridor no headphones and on ps4 which is broken now and still get 4k's

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

I mean I’m bad at killer and can 4k almost every game at red ranks with her

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705

No. She's not as strong as everyone says or as easy as Survivors make out. I can't play her or Nurse to save my life.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

I dislike her as a survivor and so I havent really played her much and she isnt that fun imo so yeah I never play her. Got my ass whupped when I tried to get my adept on her xD.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

She has some tricks to learn. She is not really hard to master. Headset is necessary on her to play better. But of course she is not auto win killer as some survivors say.

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568
    edited July 2021

She's a difficult killer to play as imo. I've even tried to use the Stridor perk on her (because I thought that'd be an easy way out on how to play her) but then failed hitting survivors after phasing multiple times. That's how bad I am.

Post edited by ZonkyWizard on
  • Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

She's not easy to learn or use. It takes a lot of trial and error learning what certain sounds mean and reacting to them in time, not to mention learning to accurately pinpoint a survivor's location by sound alone.

I'm still at the point where a survivor can double back or make a sharp turn and it takes me at least a full second to realize what happened.