Hex Totem slots. Reduces the pain of losing Hex perks super early.

Leon_Loves_Cheryl
Leon_Loves_Cheryl Member Posts: 41
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hey guys, I have an idea for hex perks to make them more fun for both sides. It's called Hex Slots.

If we split hex perks into their own slots, let's say 4 Perk slots and 4 Hex slots, then it will completely and entirely solve the "man, my perk got cleansed super early AND is now basically an empty slot!" ######### feeling.

It will also bring some balance to many of the killers. Underperforming ones like Legion and Pig could really use having free Hex slots.

As for stronger killers, the system I'm suggesting would necessitate buffs across the board for all anti-totem Survivor perks.

Therefore, even though this seems really strong on paper, the reality may be that your Ruin *might actually get cleansed even faster* than it does now, except it no longer takes away your perk slots.

And if we test this change out and discover that it's still too strong even with buffed countermeasures, then the existence of Hex slots could also necessitate nerfs to all or most Hex perks.

So, we would have four Hex slots but with nerfed Hexes in addition to buffed counters to Hexes. For example, the base time to cleanse a Hex would go down from 20 seconds to 15, and buff perks like Small Game to have an additional effect that increases cleansing speed by 50%, suddenly removing Ruin takes only 7.5 seconds instead of 20.

If you *really* hate totems, combine my buff idea for Small Game with Counterforce for 40% faster totem cleansing right at the start of the game.

Sounds very survivor sided, but keep in mind the killer now has potentially four extra perk slots if they were using four hexes as perks. And hexes would become exclusive to hex slots, meaning more than 4 hexes is impossible to have.

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

Base time to cleanse a totem is 14 seconds

but also games fine as is no need to add more factors to every match right now

• VioletCrimes
    VioletCrimes Member Posts: 878

Four hexes is enough. My worth with this wouldn’t be “what if they have five?”. It would be “what do they have on top of Ruin, NOED, Devour Hope, and Undying (or Haunting Ground)?”. 4 hex slots plus four perks to 4 survivor perks is too much.