The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Doctor's static blast

I think this ability should be changed. Just to clarify, I'm talking about the ability that has a cooldown and shocks everyone in the terror radius, not his regular shock.

The reason I dislike playing against Doctor the most is that I feel like I am constantly snapping out of it, just holding M1 for what feels like most of the game. I don't see much skill in this special ability as you just have to wait for it to become available and then hold a button to reveal survivors and add a tier to their madness.

My suggestion is - remove the ability for survivors to gain madness from the static blast, but survivor's will still scream if hit by it. This way the Doctor will actively have to try to tier up your madness with his regular shock instead of just holding Ctrl every now and then.

Comments

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

That or increase the cast time to something like five seconds, allowing survivors to slowly enter a locker. The old static field was fair because, after tier 1, it showed how much longer until you were going to enter tier 2 and 3 by it. It also passively degraded. Both of these allowed counterplay.

Static Blast now is very hit or miss, usually almost always free detection and madness as you said. Doctor to me is a killer for players who can’t track normally.