Dirty Killer forces you to quit a match

Options
throughshot
throughshot Member Posts: 17
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

Situation:

Two survivors left.

The Killer did not hook anyone, just kicked generators, never end.

Can't do anything but leave the match lossing rank.

Match Details did not show killer's name,

Can't report or block the dirty guy after quit.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• throughshot
    Options

Killer just did gens-camping` put down / pick up survivors.

• throughshot
    Options

Yes that's exactly what I meant.

The killer just don't want to finish the match until we DC.

• throughshot
    edited July 2021
    Options

I hanged on there watching NETFLIX after I figured out what the killer doing.

The teammate freezed too.

After a show I came back but the killer keep screwing me so I quit.

The most big surprise is how he was determined to screw us.

• throughshot
    edited July 2021
    Options

I don't wanna argue about if killers or survivors hold the game in hostage.

I just hope there is a time limit ( 20 minutes maybe? ) then everyone could get out of an endless bad match.

Post edited by throughshot on
  • Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
  • ChantyBoi
    ChantyBoi Member Posts: 179
    Options

As long as the match still has a way of ending the game is not being held hostage. You could have committed to a gen and died and therefore the match still could have ended. Unfortunate for you as it may be the game still had a way of ending.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

That's not what I said. I said the killer didn't kill them and didn't let gens get done, giving the survivors no way to leave the match.

Anyway, the correct course of action is to report the killer in-game and submit video evidence. What the killer did is at least questionable, and it's up to the devs/managers/whatever to decide whether or not the player broke the rules. It's not up to us.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

If he doesnt do anything then just do the gens? Kicking them doesnt do anything at all.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

Since I don't quit voluntarily and there's a hatch somewhere, it seems like one would simply jump in the hatch or, intuitively speaking, go point at the killer to death.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

They explained more in the comments, the killer wouldn't let them finish gens and if they somehow got downed, they would force the survivors into wiggling out so they couldn't bleed out. The killer wasn't farming, but they weren't necessarily just applying a lot of pressure. They were trying to make the game last as long as possible or until the survivors disconnected. That's what I got from reading everything.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

The killer can't kick a gen that survivor is actively working on, so if the killer isn't chasing or hooking, I'd guess he's not attacking either. Just do gens and leave, and if the killer grabs you, then you grab your phone while you bleed out and read more dbd forums while you wait for next trial?

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552
    Options

Ohhh. Well that is scummy.

I went back and read everything and the one thing I don't get is how the killer could screw him over over the course of an hour, when the couple things that could/would be happening are, he'd be going around patrolling and kicking gens, or he would slug one or both survivors and just hold one until OP came back from his show to wiggle away.

But apparently both people walked away at roughly the same time so if the killer was slugging them, one of them would have bled out on the ground in four minutes if he was carrying the other one? Or else he was just standing around doing nothing and also being AFK.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    Options

This is kind of an important detail that should have been in the main post. Without this context, it makes it sound like you're mad that the killer did the established 3 gen strat that survivors are responsible for enabling by not disabling it. Not exactly sure how the killer's name wouldn't show up. That's bizzare.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

It's only holding the game hostage if the inevitable heat death of the universe comes before the game ends, apparently.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

That's not necessarily true. If the Killer is refusing to let gens be done but is making no effort to hook anyone (and seemingly actively forcing Survivors to wiggle free), then they are preventing the game from ending. That is hostage-holding.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

"the Killer is refusing to let gens be done" omg, that's exactly the point of the killer's role!!

It's down to the survivors to complete the gens, and there's no way a killer can hold gens hostage from multiple survivors. It takes him a few seconds to kick them, whilst it takes less than a second for the survivor to negate that. The regression is also far slower than survivors adding progress.

Ergo, in the time the killer takes to travel to a gen, kick it, and travel to another, you could be putting progress on at least one of the other two gens. Eventually you'll complete them.

The only way this scenario works is if the survivors literally just walk away from the gens and cry in the corner about why the killer isn't holding their hands and leading them out of the gate.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Here's the thing though:

There is no possible way for the killer to not kill the survivors while keeping generators from being completed.

Lets just say the killer is solely doing generator grabs on a survivor then dropping them.

There's no window to kick the generator so the survivor slowly slipping out will eventually complete the generator by themselves.

Also if the killer is downing them kicking then doing the pick up/drop then one of the two happens: Either the survivor bleeds out with the attack cooldown timer+ kick or they complete the generator as they fix generators 4 times faster then they can passively regress without ruin.

Mind you this post's game is with two survivors so even if the killer is doing this to stall one of them the other has free reign to complete one of the other generators.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

The point of the Killer's role is to kill the Survivors. Refusing to let gens be done isn't what brings the game to an end.

"and there's no way a killer can hold gens hostage from multiple survivors"

Isn't that the whole point of a 3-gen scenario?

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Seems like in an hour you’d bleed out even if you were not on the ground but a second. I don’t doubt the killer was an ass but maybe the time is a bit exaggerated. Plus, juggling two survivors that long would be problematic to not bleed out one survivor or have the other survivor not make significant progress on one gen. Something is not exactly adding up.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

It is considered by the Devs to be holding the game hostage. Leaving people to bleed out isn't, slowing down the bleed out timer as much as you can is.

• Warcrafter4
    Options

There is no possible way for the killer to do that and the survivors to not finish the generators or bleed out.

As its impossible for the killer to stop both survivors while doing that or even the progress of one survivor who the moment they wiggled out instantly jumps back onto the generator as the stun on the killer will let the generator progress.

• MadLordJack
    Options

This is literally an example of a killer holding the game hostage. The survivors can't do gens because solo que, the killer can hook people but refuses to and instead drags the trial out for as long as possible. It is absolutely reportable because it can take over an hour for both survivors to die when killers do this. It is holding the game hostage because they could have ended it but chose not to.

• Warcrafter4
    edited July 2021
    Options

It is literally impossible for the killer to stop EVEN ONE OF THEM from doing a generator without killing them.

Let alone two.

So if the other survivor refused to do the last generator while this survivor dealt with the killer then its on the other survivor.

Heck its even on this survivor as 16 seconds of regression aka the wiggle timer is counteracted by the survivor working on the generator for 4 seconds.

Also if the killer downs + kicks the survivor will bleed out or complete the generator and if they don't kick then the survivor will complete the generator eventually anyways.

The killer was being a massive jerk but the survivors are at fault for how long it went on for.

Edit: The killer IS reportable here for GREIFING but NOT for holding the game hostage.

As the killer was greifing the survivors even if they weren't holding the game hostage.

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552
    Options

Been eyeing this thread all day and now I'm wondering if this post was just bait to get the forum heated.

• MadLordJack
    Options

Maybe theres something else you're confused by: It's still holding the game hostage even if the game has a potential end point, if that end point is ridiculously far away and being dragged out by one party being fully capable of completing their objective but actively refusing to.

• Warcrafter4
    Options

I'm not defending the killer AT ALL!

I am just so sick and tired of people crying the game is being held hostage when its not.

PS. This would apply to the survivors too as one always refused to do their objective while the killer was dealing with the other. Also dribbling shows auras while being held makes the bleed-out timer pause and glow so the other survivor has no excuse!

So everyone in this game should be reported!

• VeNoM17
    VeNoM17 Member Posts: 64
    Options
  • Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    edited July 2021
    Options

hatch needs to be removed.

it just teaches survivors to camp the hatch instead of doing the final gens