My review of the Trickster changes + my suggestion to make him more unique on top of being viable

Options
Leon_Loves_Cheryl
Leon_Loves_Cheryl Member Posts: 41
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

The way I see it, they had two options. They either had to buff his base movement speed to 115, because his power didn't justify having a ranged movement speed, or buff his power to justify having 110 movement speed.

They decided to buff the power instead of his MS which is fine, they had to do one or the other. Normally I don't like it when they do compensation nerfs, especially for killers that need to be buffed overall, but I think it is totally valid for them to increase the rate of laceration decay if they make his knives more efficient. It just makes sense.

As for the buff itself? It will absolutely make Trickster viable in red ranks in my opinion, however the criticisms from Tru3 and Scott (among others) still ring true - Trickster's power is just a weaker version of Plague and Huntress. If you buff it too much it just ends up being stronger than them instead, there is no in-between. 6 to injure is the perfect place for it in my opinion, however as I just said, it still needs something else to differentiate it from Huntress and Plague.

So here's my suggestion to finally make Trickster his own cool, unique killer, aside from just the aesthetics which excel in that regard.

Bouncing Blades addon should be basekit, with a new twist: In Main Event, blades bounce FOUR times instead of two. This would not be OP because the bounces are random, it would just be very chaotic and wacky and it would look like a light show, which fits Trickster's character. The chaos that would erupt in a hallway with Main Event with four bounces per blade would be enormous without necessarily making it significantly easier to down someone due to the random nature of the richochet.

I fully believe that's all Trickster needs on top of this current buff. The buff that is inbound will make him *balanced*, but to actually be *unique* his bouncing blades need to be basekit and the Main Event blades need to bounce more than regular blades. That'll do it imo. With 6 blades to Injure and two bounces on basekit + Four bonces on Main Event, Trickster will not only be viable, but UNIQUE too.