What Was Your First Mori Like?

Options

As a survivor main, my very first Mori was on the Yamaoka Estate against a Spirit. I didn't know Moris were a thing then, so I was like ??? when the animation started playing. At first I thought I had somehow alt-tabbed out of the game and some BS had started playing on tumblr, but then I saw my character's face on the ground and I went "oh #########," and panic-babbled to my veteran DBD friend who laughed at me.

Annnd I think my first Mori as a killer was as Legion, because a daily told me to. But it wasn't as memorable as that experience.

Comments

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

My first mori was against Ghostface on Hawkins. Same as you, I had know idea moris existed so I was laughing my ass off after it happened.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

My first mori actually came from a level 1 Devour Hope. Obviously the killer was a Hag, and if am not mistaken the map was the old The Game.

I had no idea that moris were a thing back then, and I just stood there in shock as she devoured me.

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

Mine was a deathslinger with an ebony mori at coal tower. I was grateful that my first mori wasn’t a boring one like trapper’s or wraith’s. I wonder what that deathslinger is doing now….

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

My first Mori was as Huntress, while using an Ebony Mori.

TBH I felt a bit disappointed - I came to DbD from Friday the 13th, so I was used to gore and over-the-top deaths. Huntress just chopping them in the face and then in the chest wasn't terrible, but it wasn't incredible either.

It did feel a lot cooler than putting people on meat hooks though.

-

I don't remember my first Mori as Survivor.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

I'll never forget it.

It was the game and I was hiding in a locker as Tapp. Survivors were dying left and right and I had no idea what was going on. I was so scared, but I sat and waited.

Then I saw him. In all his glory, a Hillbilly dropped down, pulled me out of my locker and moried me dead center of the bathroom.

On that day forward, I'd promise I'd honor his legacy by using Crypress Moris

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    Options

My first mori was one of my first few games I ever played, I remember it being on the Coldwind Farm spawned in shack. Heard chainsaw as I vaulted through shack window and got chainsaw sniped from the other side of the map. Next thing I know my back is getting ripped to shreads by a Chainsaw. Quickest game ever but I do miss the old moris, better way to die then seeing the same hook death every game

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

Mine was in a private match so I was expecting it lol, wish it could’ve been a surprised. I do remember my first time being tombstoned, I was very excited

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,667
    Options

Mine was from a Doctor on one of the Autohaven maps. Brain go szzzzzz.

Unfortunately I didn't get the surprise factor, because I watched a lot of DBD content before getting the game.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

My first mori was from a tombstone mikey which i guess isnt exactly a mori but still same animation and i had no idea that could happen until he grabbed me off a gen...I was like hopefully someone will unhooooo ######### is happening omg wait huh. After that I no longer feared the night that haunting pale shatner mask will always give me chills

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

First was an old Freddy with an Ivory mori and old dying light. Not a fun match but a cool way to end it off I guess

• Satori
    Satori Member Posts: 75
    Options

Michael on haddonfield killed me when i played Laurie

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380
    Options

First ever mori i did myself was as huntress. Instantly got me hooked to the game, the sheer brutality was sooo exciting. I think the first time i ever got mori'd myself was by a bubba.

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552
    Options

To this day the Doctor's mori is one of the freakiest imo. Especially when he turns you over to look at your face. Yikes.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

As a survivor, I was moried by a P3 Huntress on Lery's about a month after her release. I had no idea what a mori was and was VERY confused on what just happened. Thought it was apart of her power

As killer I was Hag on Lery's and moried the person in the basement, game crashed after that game ended and my progress was reset :)

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 794
    Options
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I don't remember the first Mori but I do remember the first Hag Mori.

I got moried and I just sat there with my jaw wide open, shocked while my friend watched from the top of Blood Lodge and said: "Omg, it's so brutal."

Yes for 2016 it was quite a brutal Mori.

• Con_Inc
    Con_Inc Member Posts: 137
    Options

Wasn’t my first but the best looking one and one that stands out in my mind was me trying to break a ghostface devour hope and he snuck around the corner and got me. His Mori with the lit totem beside my head looked amazing. Even messaged the killer thanking him for the best mori view I’ve seen.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    edited July 2021
    Options

The first mori I suffered was against a Devour Hope Hag on Haddonfield as Feng Min. I hade no idea what that perk was so I was very confused because I haven't even be hooked yet.

The first mori I used was against a Claudette as Doctor... because she brought a flashlight. Yeah I wasn't very mature.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989
    Options

It was with Pig and it was a surprise RBT kill I wasn't really anticipating. I squealed with joy.