Bloodpoint cap

Options
Professor_Fizz
Professor_Fizz Member Posts: 96
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

Now, when you read that title, you probably thought of the main cap that's at 1,000,000. But I actually mean the bloodpoint cap in games. Why is every category capped at 8000? Wouldn't it be better to have it not be capped?

Comments

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Options

My initial thought, was that maybe it's to prevent over excessive farming?

I'm sure there's a more obvious reason that I'm missing here, though.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,629
    Options

You can avoid this by keeping the 32k BP-Cap/Match, even if the 8k-Cap is removed.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

It’s probably mostly to encourage each player to be involved in multiple parts of the game. Gens, healing, being chased. For killers it’s mostly about encouraging the use of the power.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,629
    Options

Survivors: Sometimes you dont get the opportunity to do something. If the Killer is camping, you wont get Altruism-Points. If the Killer is tunneling one person, you get way less Boldness-Points. Let alone that Boldness and Objective are Categories which get maxed out fast, while you can end the game with 400 Survival-Points, because you snapped out of it 4 times.

Killers: Yes, encouraging to use the power, however, either this is more difficult (e.g. Pig, if you are not able to land the Dash) or simply inefficient - you should not be forced to use your power, just to get those points, while you max out in Chasing or Brutality basically immediatly.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    edited July 2021
    Options

Probably unfortunately in bhvrs divine wisdom they made certain killers get punished for over using their powers, like wraith for instance he really struggles with hunter points, honestly I feel itd be a better idea to just merge the categories into 2 at least for killers(ie brutality and sacrifice merged and deviousness and hunter points be merged) and just have 2 16k categories