We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Are lores getting a bit to out of hand

Options
jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,498
edited July 2021 in Lore

So I was thinking you look at someone like Dwight and his lore it's short but still tells what happened now look at someone like I don't know Felix his lore is long. I don't know which character started the long lore but well I just saying maybe they could dial back on the lore not being short bur not being long basically explain like this

1. Who are they (Something like Dwight working a dead end job shows he stuck in a cubical all day)

2. What problems or events have happened in their life (Something like Elodie her parents if i remember died or disappeared)

3. This for killers what made them break down (Something like Nurse she worked for hours and never got a raise plus had to deal with a nightmarish place like an asylum)

4. How were they taken by the Entity (for survivors easy possibly in the woods or ended up being taken when they were alone)

4b. Same for the killers (back to Nurse being transported to another asylum but the car crash and she disappeared)

All i'm saying is they can give detail and all that just don't make it a hundred page story

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497
    Options

You're sooking about more more detail in each character?

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I wish it was the other way around, older lore is too short.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

More lore is always better ^^

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    Options

Yes, but I liked how the old survivors were regular people and not "the best of" as most new survivors are

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Complaining about text, seriously? You can read one lore story in 3~5 minutes at max, dude.

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631
    Options

If you don't like it, don't read it.

As far as I'm concerned they can put as much detail and characterization as they want. As long as it is true to the character they write about.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    edited July 2021
    Options

I personally prefer the pre-Huntress lore that was short; the blurbs reminded me of urban legends. I would've kept all the bios short and used the Tomes to add in the details as well as give more insight into the characters.

But, as is, I don't like the way the post-Huntress lore is written. It's not my kind of storytelling, and I usually don't get through the Tome entries when I try to read them. For some reason, the Dead by Daylight characters are more like dolls than anything to me. Maybe I don't connect with them, or maybe it's because I dress them up in outfits, or maybe it's the lack of a story mode in the game, I really couldn't say.