The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Now that Stridor has Been Nerfed…

agonizing
agonizing Member Posts: 176

Should Iron Will be changed as well? This perk has had only slight changes to grunt pain since 2016.

If Iron Will came out today, would it still be the same or is it a bit outdated?

IMO Iron Will needs a timer, much like Lucky Break has. How would you change it?

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,465

I think it should have a timer that when it ends the perk should start being less effective

when injured the first 30/35/40 seconds you emit no grunts of pain, after this time has elapsed grunts of pain are reduced by only 50%

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

I dunno but I'm stick it right into my builds, gonna make it a cake walk versing spirits now

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,351

I don't think Iron Will needs a timer.

I just think Iron Will should no longer be 100% reduction. I don't even think 100% itself is even op, but it's problematic when devs try to create other niche perks that also reduce your sounds by 100%. Why would I run a niche perk when Iron Will exists?

For Example, Off the Record helps you hide from the killer after being unhooked by making it so the killer can't read your aura and can't hear your injured sounds for a duration. It's not a bad perk, but killers don't always have aura reading and the other part of it's effect can be gotten by just running iron will in the first place.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

iron will maybe an activatable ability with a timer

also buff off the record, make it permanent until the survivor returns to objectives (same conditions as DS)

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

They don't know how to nerf Spirit and they tried nerf her with easy way: Stridor.

Just nerf Spirit and take back Stridor's nerf.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

If anything i think OTR should have Scratch Marks instead of Aura.

Also even if both do the same thing, they fit different purposes, Iron Will is just the most flexible.

An example being Bite the Bullet, combined with the likes of SC or a Med Kit, you can hide yourself with the sound effect, which actually works better than you think, cause the killers know you dont have Iron Will, which would make them think you left the area because they cant hear you anymore.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

I liked the old Iron Will Tier 2.

Basically what it did, you lost grunts of pain while standing still. I would change Iron Will to do something like that.

Iron Will:

• You don't leave Blood Trails while injured.
    • While standing still, press the Active Ability button to remove your grunts of pain for 15/20/25 seconds.
    • This effect has a cooldown of 60 seconds.

So basically it can come in clutch if you manage to break LoS to the Killer. Since he can't follow your Blood because IW removes it you could try and hide, stand still and activate Iron Will. Now you don't leave Blood and don't emit sounds which could give you a possible get away.

The most bs part about Iron Will is that it drastically hinders the Killers chase ability because they can't hear you at all. With that change, Survivors risk getting downed because they have to stand still to activate it and it shouldn't work indefinitely anymore, giving Killers a chance to hear your grunts of pain at some point.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

A compromise I think could be the best option

Keep the 100% audio removal but make it so that scratch marks are slightly brighter than normal either when the survivor is injured or healthy, this I think could be a great solution for both killer and survivor

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

Just do this

"Replaces survivor's grunts of pain with breathing sounds"

That's all it needs. These other people's changes would just turn it into a niche, 1-star perk that only immersed Claudettes would use.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

NO !

Iron will is perfect the way it is. If anything, Lucky break should be more like iron will and just permanently remove blood pools without affecting scratch marks.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,142

Doesn't effect me as doctor so I'm fine with it.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Iron will should only work while walking of standing still.

Right now you can make distance and dissapear at the same time.

It needs to be a choice. Either stealth or run away. Not both

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

All spirit mains can suck it. And well deserved.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

You’re going down a slippery slope adding drawbacks to perks.

Iron will is fine, just suck up the stridor nerf (even though you probably never use it) and move on.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,404

Nope, Iron Will is fine.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

Its not going to happen. When spirit came out everyone bitched she was bad. She got buffed. Everyone bitched she's op and needed to be nerfed. Spirit players said she has counterplay ( which was a load of bs) and said use Iron will. Spirit players didn't like when people actually did it so they use Stridor. Which makes iron will pointless to use if any killer can just bring Stridor and it makes iron will a useless perk. This change was made specifically for Spirit. It was this or she got a direct nerf. People have always complained about her and most likely still will. This gives an answer to some of her bs gameplay so be happy she didn't get an actual nerf, because those add ons of hers will get gutted like freddy if they make playing survivor against her any worse. Also just because your half equivalent of a perk gets a nerf doesn't mean the other half needs one. It's simple math and this is how it should've always worked. She's still going to be a good and annoying killer to play against and survivors not using iron will can still be heard by stridor. Stop whining

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

The only change Iron Will needs, is that it replaces grunts of pain with regular breathing.

And no, Iron Will is a strong perk, but its far from too strong. Doesnt need a timer, the downside of Iron Will is that a survivor is injured. They are using a full perk slot that could have been dedicated to another perk to be more stealthy instead.