Regression seriously needs to be looked at

I am so incredibly tired of kicking a gen over and over only for survivors to just ignore that fact and keep repairing straight through it. If you're going to make it so that it takes a full 2 seconds to start the incredibly slow regression, then there needs to be an actual point in doing so.

Comments

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

Have you tried running perks like Overcharge and Pop before?

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Overcharge doesn't do anything to against good survivors as they can hit the skill check reliably.

Also I doubt they are talking about Pop as that's an instant regression not the overtime regression they are referring too.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Overcharge is just EZ skillcheck for survivors and Pop while regressing 25% can be stopped by once again just gen tapping.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

You should only do this to unattended gens. Doing this to a gen survivors are repeatedly returning to is just allowing yourself to be psyched out. Focus on injuring them or committing to a chase.

• Morpheus_7_
    Morpheus_7_ Member Posts: 348

I recommend that when there the killer kicks a generator, it is destroyed! by kicking 3 generators, survivors will no longer be able to reach the 5 needed to open the gates! so the killer will no longer have to worry about checking!

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

I dont really see an issue with it, since youre meant to use perks to get reliable regression.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562
    edited July 2021

Yeah, it's BS that it takes Killers 2 seconds to kick, but Survivors can cancel the regression in 1 frame of animation.

I recall one of the devs saying that gen-tapping was supposed to be dangerous to do in a chase. That they were supposed to be locked into an animation long enough to make it a risk if the Killer is chasing you.

Well, 1 frame of animation is not 'locked in' or 'dangerous'. I've seen Survivors gen-tap so quickly that you could not see them change out of their sprinting animation. All it was was a tiny flicker while still running full tilt.

And since the Devs allow Overcharge to be hit WHILE running; it's pretty clear they don't care that it's unbalanced AF. They even WANT Survivors to gen-tap mid-chase and the whole 'It's dangerous during a chase' was slop thrown to Killers to stop the complaining.

Gen regression is Survivor sided AF unless you run Pop. Overcharge can be hit by anyone half awake and can be hit mid-chase, making it pure trash. And kicking without a perk is basically a waste of time.

At least, until they fix the BS 1-frame gen-tapping.

My fix is this:

When a Killer kicks a gen, it starts regressing.

If a Survivor works on the gen; the regression is PAUSED while they add charges to the gen like normal. They gain progress.

If they leave the gen before SUCCEEDING a Skillcheck; it resumes regressing.

If they hit a Skillcheck; regression ends, and they can leave the gen, and the Killer has to kick it again.

This solution makes regression worth a damn, and stops the pure BS 1-frame gen-taps. So don't expect the devs to actually do it.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Base regression needs a small buff but if you have an issue with gens that’s what perks are for

• TerrorUnleashed

Not exactly. This person is trying to bring up an issue with regression in general. And in my experiences, Overcharge is always effective... rarely ever had Survivors complete that Skill Check. But maybe that's just me.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I mainly bring up the overcharge part from personal experience on both sides.

As unless I am having a really bad game I usually always hit overcharge skill checks as they are predictable for when they happen.

As for killer I rarely see the generator I kicked last explode with overcharge despite it being repaired.

• TerrorUnleashed

I have Overcharges going off left, right and centre when I run it. And I get pitched against Rank 2 Survivors when I've barely played enough to qualify for Rank 13 this new season lol...

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119

This 100 percent...gen tapping is so much garbage especially when 2 survivors are in chase around the same gen. It is literally unwinnable even if you commit to a chase.

• fcb
    fcb Member Posts: 158

every kick should do a 5-10% regression instantly, so gen-tap will be avoided because there is a risk of another instantly 5-10% regression if the killer kicks the gen again.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Try eruption or surge eruption makes kicking gens worth and surge kicks them for you

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

This. Alternatively, Pop and or Oppression are a good combo.

I agree gen tapping should be addressed but some of what people are asking for is a lot and they need to bring their expectations more in line with reality. Kicking a generator is a time consuming action, if you want it to be truly worthwhile use perks that reward you for doing so and otherwise, simply know when to kick gens and when not to.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

This is an awful mechanic, the base should be decent/good and the perks nerfed to compensate.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Gen tapping I do think is pretty stupid honestly, for the most part a killers action should be worth at least double a survivors for any one action but a survivor can waste a full 2 seconds of a killers time with like a frame of movement, just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not saying that survivors should have to do a full animation of any kind to get the gen going again but they should at least be forced to complete a skill check first before repairing can start back up

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Kicking a generator should not be worthless. The reason we even have kicking as a mechanic is because once upon a time we had 99% generators.

There is an obvious game balance issue when the killer deactivates a generator and it takes 2 seconds; meanwhile a survivor can undo that action in 0.1 seconds. Kicking a generator should therefore give the generator a regression effect. Because DBD is a 1 vs 4 game the effect should not be a 1:1 time event.

Something like 5% should be the base regression for kicking a generator which would of course stack with a perk Like Pop. Generator regression speed probably also needs an adjustment and should likely be 50% of survivor repair speed base.

• Kill_Yr_Idol83
    Kill_Yr_Idol83 Member Posts: 213

Because of gen tapping and SWFs, I run Pop with Oppression on almost all my killers. Two gen slowdown perks is necessary these days in the game but Overcharge is basically useless outside of lower rank games.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

There is a super easy way to fix Gen tap & slightly increase Gen time.

Give 2sec startup animation. Every time you start doing Gen, you have to go through 2sec animation to making a progress. Also apply this to Gate.

Survivor checks for Ruin? They have to go through 2sec animation to make progress then stop if Ruin happens, then they have to through 2sec animation again to start working. Suddenly 4sec extend on a single survivor, multiply to 4 of them.

Gen is 99 and you hit a survivor, usually they will tap that Gen to complete and dead hard away from your next attack. With startup animation survivor dont have enough time to do that because of startup animation.

Survivors 99 Gate. Yes, 2 sec startup animation gives Killer 8.3m distance, that can be another down at the gate