Trickster is extremely boring to play

Came back to the game to try out trickster and didn't feel any difference except with main event. He has a boring power, i hate how he has to slow himself when drawing out a blade.

Imagine going on a chase with an already slow killer and slowing yourself down to throw 1 blade, just pick huntress or deathslinger. Also is it just me or has the game not have a big balance/ gameplay update since the RE chapter? It's been a while since we had perk balancing, and it took them so long just for a small trickster change

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

He’s equally boring to play against. Just an overall terrible addition imo

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I’m sticking with Huntress. She’s way more fun and requires way more skill.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

His changes took a while to get used to, but after tweaking my add on combinations he feels relatively the same with the added benefit of the maximum laceration buff. I've been one-tricking him since his release just cause he's the most fun I have with a killer since I started playing. But I do notice that he's a lot more frustrating now in different areas for both sides. Either he's gonna completely shred through survivors out in the open or he's gonna struggle a lot more in indoor maps with lots of high loops/corners.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

There is absolutely no reason for someone to play as trickster. Still baffles me the fact that no one plays Billy and they play ....trickster.

Full force Billy with chase builds only. Don't even care bout losing, Billy is Freedom.

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

Imo they nerfed one worst killers. He destroys when he catches someone in the open but lacks in every other way. There are many killer who have good 1v1 and other utility. I don't understand why he exists.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

there are 2 pruple addons that makes him boosted af. i hope those addons get tweaked because it makes so every hit counts as twice... or something like that u go to the floor in no time.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 646
    edited July 2021

Ive only made him decent with Agitation and Iron Grasp. That way when he does down someone he can patrol gens, chase, etc while he’s carrying people to a hook.

I feel like he either needs maximum exposed to keep people at 1 hit so that he saves knives, or he needs to carry people faster. Since he already wastes so much time chasing people. Now he has to slowly drag someone somewhere as the team does gens. Yuck.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I kind of have fun because pelting them with knives is satisfying, but like, yeah, he isn't exactly meta defining.

• katapad
    katapad Member Posts: 55

Yeah, I feel like this is kind of the same feeling a lot of players are getting. He's got aesthetics, he's got a fun power to use (for most people), but goddamn is he ineffective against a team who just split up and do gens. And any map that doesn't have many low loops? Might as well farm.

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347

what add ons do u play with? i usually use the movement and throw rate. Movement does nothing and throw rate makes him smoother i guess, but my main issue is how he slows himself down when throwing

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Hopefully this means people stop playing him and he gets completely reworked because he’s a total snooze fest to play against too. If you’re at a short loop or god forbid a corridor or a part of the map with somewhat open areas, you’re going down in less than 10 seconds. If you’re at a jungle gym or a high wall loop you can probably run him for a long time because the knives will decay long before you get injured.

As a result, every single Trickster now seems to just camp hooks and nothing else. I don’t even blame them for doing it either because he has no map pressure at all. If a teammate gets hooked in the basement you have to play like it’s an Insidious Bubba and just leave them to die. If they get hooked in the open, BT does nothing and they’ll go down within seconds of being unhooked anyway so again, might as well just slam gens and leave.

Rubbish chases, fast gens and no room for altruism at all. My hats off to the devs if they wanted to make a killer that the entire player base would find frustrating and unsatisfying because they did a great job.

• Tricksters_Wife

After the changes I use the melodious murder + bloody boa add ons to combat the nerfs that he got as much as possible so it doesn't interrupt my gameplay as much. I tried the fizz spin soda + caged heart shoes combo (increased throw rate and movement) once and it felt very clunky to use probably because of the throw speed nerf. But yeah, I wish they would make him a 115% killer who then slows down when trying to throw knives vs having 2 stacked movement speed penalties for using his ability.

• Tricksters_Wife

(Sorry if this comment posts twice I'm not sure if my first answer went through)

I use the melodious murder + bloody boa add on to combat the nerfs that he got that makes him feel weaker in his weakest situations so I can enjoy the buffs he got more. I tried using the fizz spin soda + caged heart shoes combo and it felt a bit clunky to me. But yeah, I wish he could be a 115% killer who only slows down when using his power vs having 2 stacked movement speed penalties.

• Tricksters_Wife

As someone who loves the way his kit is I hope he doesn't get a complete overhaul on his kit but I do hope in future tweaks they make it more fun for both sides. Either he's gonna be extremely frustrating to the survivors if it's an open map/area or one of his strong loops; or, he's gonna be extremely frustrating to the player if it's a weak loop/indoor map that breaks line of sight a lot because of his faster laceration decay.

A good Trickster shouldn't need to camp to get kills (I don't agree with camping in general but that's beside the point). He's one of those killers you need to take time with to know how to play in each map and each loop — and you need to keep the momentum going and snowballing. He is very strong when it comes to people unhooking because he can down both of them fast but then it's the survivors fault for unhooking in front of him to be able to pull that off. Had a match yesterday with 3 people trying to unhook each other in front of my face without even waiting for me to leave the hook to continue to gen patrol. I had main event so that match ended pretty fast.