Where does Trickster Stand with his new buff?

Options

As most of you are aware trickster has received a very needed buff. Before his buff most people would say he is F tier or D tier. Where does he stand now and is he a viable killer now?

Comments

• Bravescorpio
    Bravescorpio Member Posts: 152
    Options

Trickster did need a buff. Unfortunately he got a nerf instead. He seems worse than before, can't believe they nerfed his ammo count.

• knight_killer
    knight_killer Member Posts: 54
    Options

He is still awful even when played at high efficiency, you'll 4k after all gens are done at best. He's also still unfun to play against since he is map-dependent and god forbid you leave a loop you full down.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545
    Options

He's viable if you know how to play him. But if you're not used to him he's not inviting or friendly to those who are interested in picking him up. His "buff" also nerfed him at the same time so he's still stuck in the same spot as he was before. He's a bit weaker now in his weaker loops and very strong, almost too much, at his stronger loops. His performance really depends on the player using him and how much they know how to use him.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,984
    Options

For now I'll leave him be on my tier list until he gets more feedback. From what I've seen so far, he seems less fun to enjoy because of the fact that they gave him less blades, nerfing his 1v4. In general he seems... not just less fun, but weaker.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    Options

I don’t see how anyone can think he’s weaker. His base kit is just straight up better and some of his addons are broken OP at the moment.

I had people calling hacks the first game I used the exploding blades + the piercing blades because they down in 4 blades if you are shooting people through the feet.

You pop main event on someone and they literally melt. Unhooking against him is now significantly more dangerous.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,984
    edited July 2021
    Options

You have to reload every minute or two because the knives deplete quickly, and you're likely to run out of blades during a chase. 44 blades doesn't cut it, and you need the more knives add-ons or the laceration delay add-on to make him more enjoyable. Also, you're even more likely to run out of blades because of the faster decay.

Cut Thru U + Edge of Revival makes it a lot easier, I agree on that one, and the new Main Event is a lot better, I also agree on that. However Main Event takes a lot longer to charge up.

I don't think buffing his camping potential is any better either.

ANYWAYS, I guess I'll just try playing him more to see how it goes.

• SilentPill
    Options

I don’t think I have ever come close to using all 44 blades to down a single survivor. Its plenty to spam a single survivor to death or get multiple downs if you are actually landing most of them. I’m an OCD reloader so I reload after every chase regardless if I have the time.

I also don’t get people who are complaining about the laceration meter decay, loops where that even comes into play you should probably just be brute forcing the pallet down as M1 instead of wasting a ton of time and knives trying to slowly whittle them down. I run bamboozle and don’t waste my time at most of the loops he might struggle at to begin with.

Making his camping better absolutely comes into play because as a 110 killer he’s a prime candidate to do it; instead of attempting to travel around the map defending gens.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

he seems unplayable now with controller.

• SilentPill
    Options

And that is different from huntress how again? She only carries enough ammo for 2 downs basekit.

And trickster probably should be weaker than that when you consider her power actually takes more skill than pointing in the general direction of the survivor.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,219
    Options

At the very top of the "annoying as hell" tier.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Imo, he was C tier due to the fact he wasn't a pure M1 killer, but now with his nerf, he's D tier

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886
    Options

As of right now, he barely stands.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,640
    edited July 2021
    Options

Before his update he was a d tier at best but with the new changes he has solidified his place as the first t tier killer in the game

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

He's okay, need good addons though.

Probably trash on console. I've had decent success with him on PC though.

Just don't expect nurse/spirit/blight tier results out of him. Also pretty map dependent if you get a map with mostly LoS blocking loops, he's trash but if you get a map with mostly loops you can throw over he's pretty good.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

In the "annoying" section with Wraith and Clown.

Sad coz he used to be in the "thrilling" section with Deathslinger, Spirit, Nurse, Demo and Blight. :(

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267
    Options

Not to mention that the hatches can be used on long distances further than 10 m and can even snipe across the map. The Trickster is just so much worse in every way.