The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Playing nice during event

I was at first playing nice then I realized I’m a killer so I shouldn’t be. I still give survivors a little time too get their vials filled but I will down them if I see them event hook or not.

Comments

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    Farming is boring but I get why players do it.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited October 2018

I try to be nice, still.
    Even vs some SWFs even though they more than likely remind me why I don't normally vs them than otherwise.

Had one cool SWF that realized I wasn't out for blood. I was a wraith, and decloaked next to a survivor, and did nothing but watch the harvest. Got my ritual done, and some hooking, and then I let them go.
    Chill survivors that reacted to me playing nice were far and few in between. Some relaxed a bit when they saw me not camping, rather going away from the hook at a reasonable clip.

The rest gen rushed, made me drag them across the map to get a special hook.
    The worst was the Coal mine map. Basically from one end to the other. It's frikking hard. It's like the Meg knew there were no special hooks beyond that corner.

Had some sneaking around near one end of the map, away from special hooks. Even to the point of -1- generator being left, and 2 of them.

By and large the SWFs were largely lacking in chill. After this event, definitely back to dodging.
    Bastards were probably proud they got away from someone who didn't really give a damn about killing them.

I try not to go after the same person twice in a row, I might patrol, but I'm content to just find someone else. Pretty content to let them harvest.
    I basically try to play by Survivor's "guidelines." All it's taught me is that it seems like doing the event as a killer is harder.

• Wolf177
    Wolf177 Member Posts: 4

Hey I'm with you, OP. If I see, I kill. I don't get special treatment so... 🤷‍♂️ Still enjoying myself though!

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

Farm games are boring so what i do is this: If i see them doing a harvest, I nod at them and go check gens or try to kill there friend. A lot of the times if i catch one harvesting I let them harvest, they wont struggle, so i can get an event hook. At first people didn't catch on, but it seems people get it now.

• Wolf177
    Wolf177 Member Posts: 4

@SmokePotion said:
    Farm games are boring so what i do is this: If i see them doing a harvest, I nod at them and go check gens or try to kill there friend. A lot of the times if i catch one harvesting I let them harvest, they wont struggle, so i can get an event hook. At first people didn't catch on, but it seems people get it now.

You know what? That's a good idea. Consider this a change of heat for my Huntress haha!

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    I have had best luck being wraith to get survivors to farm with me.

It's like being uncloaked is the universal sign for "let's do event stuf"

there has to be about 4-5 event offerings though...that is how you know.

If mine is the only one...it means it's a normal game!
  • Eross1b
    Eross1b Member Posts: 58

I used to be the nicest killer and survivor. Did everything as fair as possible.
    The higher I climbed the ranks and the more I played, everyone started to be toxic and punish me for playing fair. I gave up on that. Now I've stopped caring how much fun everyone has, since I will then have the least amount of fun.