Why are survivors allways so toxic at the exitgate?

I have played 3 games today as deathslinger - a killer I barely play.

But why do BEhaviour allow people to tbag at the exitgate?

I wish there was some kind of cooldown on both the flashligt, for the click-spamming, and on the crouchsystem so people wont be so toxic. How hard can it be to fix this?

Dont allow people to be toxic, devs. It ruins this game.

Comments

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

A cooldown on crouching? Look, I hate toxicity as much as the next person, but if you're going to let repeated crouching get to you, then I would move on from dead by daylight. Either that, or next time bring in Blood Warden.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

I think you're just too sensitive and if teabagging really 'ruins the game' for you, maybe step away from the game and go play Roblox or something. Mentality matters and if you attribute everything to toxicity, you're going to have a bad time. I've teabagged and been teabagged against. Doesn't mean much. Say GG or GG WP! and move on. Shouldn't ever let 1 match ruin your mood.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Just don’t go to the exit gates if it bothers you that much.

• Tvångsrunkar
    Tvångsrunkar Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2021

The game is fun. And it would be so much better if people actually wouldnt be toxic. So ofc it ruins the game?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Lol

• Tvångsrunkar

Its not only at the exist gates. Every pallet they drop, every missed shot I make they tbag.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,765

Awful news is just... Get better. If people tbag you then punish them by playing better then they do :/

• Tvångsrunkar

Every post on this forum is just a damn war between survivors and killers.

Killers are defending tunneling and facecamping, while survivors think its fine to tbag and flashlight spam.

We will never meet in the middle and do anything about any kind of toxic behaviour.

• Tvångsrunkar

nah dude, this is dbd. Lol is something else. Go home. You are lost.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Don't go to the exit gates it's just that simple, now you don't have to worry about the party going on there.

The clicking of the flashlights is to throw you off your game, it's working if you're getting this worked up about it.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,765

Facing SWF is the easiest way to get better they force you to learn map pressure.

Or, facing one of the mystical death squads anyway. Most SWF are altruistic to a fault and throw by saving too early

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Much like camping, tunneling, infinites vs certain killers on certain maps, etc, it is not against the ToS or considered toxic by the devs (and, honestly, the sensible portion of the community).

Much like people that ask for the removal/punishment of camping/tunneling, you're just trying to remove player agency to curb a non-issue/acceptable behavior.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176
  • SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Its taunting and unsporting. It's the principle of it I don't like. I ll call out my own teammates if they act like morons at the gates after the killer had played cleanly and gave it a go.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Absolutely not. I just don't let toxic twats get me mad... I also understand it's a game. :)

• DragonKnight355
    DragonKnight355 Member Posts: 22

Survivors that are tbagging and flashlight clicking at you normally have an intention to annoy you. It is not toxic, it is only annoying.

The only toxicity they can do to you is say "Ur bad", or "Baby killer", even say all sorts of dumb stuff. Do not let it go to your head and you will be fine.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

They do this because survivors on the gate are the ultimate power role. There's nothing you can do against them except forcing them out and you know how human beings behave when they feel invincible, especially on a videogame. Either take the L and force them out or go AFK. EGC takes 2 minutes anyway, go take a breath of fresh air and when you come back it's over.

You can't add a cooldown on crouching because it is a fundamental mechanic to counter killers like Hag, Pyramid, Huntress, Deathslinger, Twins and Trickster. Although I agree flashlights should not be an instant action, either make clicking it spend way more battery or give it a half second animation. Macro flashlights are one of the most annoying things I've ever seen.

Just remember a DBD match takes 10~15 minutes at max. Nothing that happens in such a short amount of time should be enough to ruin your day.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

To be fair, that's like saying "people getting this upset over the killer standing still" after they have been facecamped 3 games in a row.

It happening isnt the issue, it's the amount of time of it happening that is. If you're in the exitgate and everyone is safe, just leave or take hits, dont wait at the end for the killer to get you out unless someone isnt safe yet. Its just sportsmanship.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

If you don't want to watch their victory celebration don't go to the exit gate, you're sending some mixed messages when you attend if you don't like it.

• IronKnight55

It's kinda different, tho. You can't do anything at all when you're getting face camped (you literally can't play the game). You can just push them out of the game as killer. You can still play. Crouching and flashlights really shouldn't bother anyone. It's silly

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Butt dancing used to be something that ppl pay for now it's toxic heh weird times we live in

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

People will keep taunting you because you are their opponent and they want you to lose so that they can win and rub your failure in your face.

They do it because it feels good and is fun for them, or as a strategy to have you fumble and perform poorly.

Losing or winning with grace is a matter of character, not game mechanics.

Trust me, you could strip the mechanics of this game to the bone, even take turns per move like in board games and people will still find a way to taunt you.

Like me in chess when I decide to spawn a lot of Queens instead of ending the game by going for the checkmate, and then going for the checkmate after the fact. Just be careful not to stalemate or you'll look like a fool.

Just like the fools that get caught off guard by blood warden or whatever.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

So if you know that the survivors are already in the exit gate just don't go there. You will not see them tbagging and also they will not get their toxicity satisfied.

Problem solved.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

If you don’t like teabagging, you basically have two options: a) don’t play this game anymore, or b) accept that people will always find a way to taunt in a PvP game and try to learn to get over it.

Teabagging doesn’t actually do anything so it’s not worth getting upset over. In an ideal world people wouldn’t do it, but we don’t live in an ideal world, we live in this world where people are sometimes rude or inconsiderate of our feelings even when we wish they wouldn’t be.

• DuneT
    DuneT Member Posts: 88

Dancing? Say what? To me T-bagging looks more like taking a dump. Not sure who you usually hang around with, I don't think I know ppl who'd pay to watch me take a dump.

But if that is your kink... whatever...

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

Only a coward and poor winner t-bags to mock at the end of the game. They need the comfort of doing so only once they're assured they've definitively won.

It takes a person of real virtue to be toxic and t-bag at the start of the game.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

I suppose there's another way to look at it, which may lighten the effect it's having on you:

Effectively, all 5 players are enacting a mini slasher movie. As in all good slashers, you have the near-indestructable killer doing everything it can to hunt and kill the 4 innocents. As killer, you can do whatever you want: Slug, chase, camp, whatever. The killer has that power.

All the while, the survivors are desperately scrabbling for a way to escape and defeat this monster. Sure they can temporarily hinder the killer, but it's only temporary. They are fighting for their lives. Some may be more aggressive than others - there's always that one guy who stands and taunts the killer, normally to save their friends or distract the killer long enough. In-game, this could be seen as pointing, clicking, teabagging - it's ultimately the brave guy taking the risk to help the team.

Ultimately, if some survivors get to the gates and wait, think of it as the final thing the hero does in the movie before blowing up the killer. It's that final line they say. It's often cheesy and silly, but they survived and the movie ends with the good guys winning. Afterall, the killer was trying to kill them horribly!

It's about playing the role how you would, and improvising a slasher. So long as at the end there is no rude or threatening behaviour after the match, and people act polite or just move on, then the film ends.

Personally, when I play survivor I don't teabag, but will not leave until as many survivors as we can are safe. I'd be the one who is respectful of the killer, like the hunter in Jurassic Park (and likewise am sometimes picked off by the "clever girl"). But everyone plays different roles. Heck, turn it into a comedy ending and join in! You'll be surprised how quickly you'll be accepted into it!

Ultimately, try to disassociate from the players and keep it as just a game with 4 other people you're unlikely to face that often anyway. Play the role, learn from mistakes, hone your skills and whatever happens at the end, you still have the choice as to how to deal with it. It happens to anyone who plays killer - just try to take it as it is: a small celebration you can either ignore, punish, get extra BP or join in the dancing!

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Toxic is a term used far too loosely in the DBD community, honestly.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

because survivors are literal children who need the killer to hold their hands before bedtime. if they don't want to behave, then they get spanked with Bloodwarden or Noed. They can feel free to cry about it afterwards.

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259
  • Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

Because you're toxic and I'm slipping under.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

I always think the same thing lol Here I thought toxic was a term used in real life cases of abuse. But apparently it's getting teabagged in a video game.

• RandDBD
    RandDBD Member Posts: 93

I started playing killer seriously two months ago. Before that, I would mostly play survivor.

In two months playing killer I have received a lot of hatemail after winning. I play on PS4.

Yeah, people that main survivor are more toxic that people that main killer. Never in a year and a half playing mostly survivor I got a single hatemail from a killer. Two months playing mostly killer and now I get one every 2 days.

Try to not let clicks and tbags get to you, sometimes survivors would do this to get you to chase after them and that's the first mistake. Usually survivors that do this are really good at the 1v1, but this isn't 1v1, it's 1v4. You want to go for the weak link and let the stronger survivor last. That way you can 100% get them. They could loop you for a while and you'd still get them anyway because now you don't have to worry about gens or whatever.

I sometimes let the stronger one escape out of respect. If you can loop the killer for 5 minutes you're just the better player and if your team lost because they can't do half of the things you do, then you definetly deserve to escape, but that's just me.

• Predated

No, you're no longer playing a game at that point. You cannot progress anything, you cannot patrol anything, everyone is literally waiting at the line for you to come close just so they can run out before you can hit them.

It's literally the same as being facecamped. There are no objectives you can do as a killer. Sure, you can walk around, but I can open up minecraft if I want to walk around. Heck, I could speedrun the entirety of Portal before the survivors finally leave.

Besides, I am going to use the exact same logic now:

You can still try to unhook yourself when you're being facecamped, you can still press spacebar when you're being facecamped. You can just suicide on hook 5head. That still counts as playing the game.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,148

You're playing as deathslinger. Reel them back in with noed for that salt. If crouching hurt you then move on from the game.

• IronKnight55
    edited July 2021

That's not playing the game. Yes, you still play as killer. You can force them out, walk around breaking pallets, breakable walls, etc. You can still do stuff.

• Predated

For no reason, at that point it wont add any BP.

So no, not playing the game.

And yes, by your logic, being facecamped is still playing the game. You cant leave your keyboard as you'd die on the hook. So you're still playing. You can leave your keyboard as the killer at that point, and nothing would change.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Survivors aren't always toxic - stop generalizing an entire side of the player base.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Killers facecamp, teabag, and hit you on the hook. WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN FIXED???

There is nothing that needs to be fixed. You're the one who is upset that people are crouching quickly and making noise with a flashlight. The reason people do it is because other people are bothered by it. No one can control how you feel except you. The devs can't help you with this.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Come now. You know this is BS. People taunt because they know it's typical for people to have a negative reaction to it. If it was just a silly action, they wouldn't just be doing it in the exit gates. Being irritated at it is normal. Even if it weren't, the intent means that the people doing it are kinda #########. Who deserves the shame there? Even if someone is weak, picking on someone being weak doesn't suddenly become positive.

• PsychoTron
    PsychoTron Member Posts: 348

it's called Schadenfreude:

experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.

Self-esteem has a negative relationship with the frequency and intensity of schadenfreude experienced by an individual; individuals with less self-esteem tend to experience schadenfreude more frequently and intensely

So basically ppl with low esteem tea bag at exit gate, and conversely ppl with normal/high self esteem don't.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

That the classical survivor that why you should never be nice to them its not like they deserve it and most of the survivor do that too