Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Which of these do you think has the best chance of being a genuine DBD competitor?

AnneBonny
AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

Personally, I think Identity V has potential in the hands of a better developer (preferably one not being policed by the Chinese government). It's got a sizable playerbase, big-name licenses and some interesting gameplay, but I think it being mobile only (there is a PC port, it's janky as hell) is a massive hindrance, along with some balancing issues. Plus, I think DBD and IDV have pretty significantly different demographics.

Which of these do you think has the best chance of being a genuine DBD competitor? 17 votes

Identity V
5%
AnneBonny 1 vote
HSH
0%
Last Year
0%
RE: Resistance
11%
ArialDeadlyweapon20 2 votes
Outlast Trials
5%
IlliterateGenocide 1 vote
Evil Dead: The Game
64%
I_am_NeganTheGhostofZgorDr_LoomislandromatChurchofPigbm33Lusiem9GannTMQwQwDistortedDreamShinVibing 11 votes
Other
11%
KingFrostMarc_go_solo 2 votes

Comments

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

I'd either go with Evil Dead: The Game, or Outlast Trials. I know both of them aren't even out yet, but they look pretty good; so my hopes are high.

• AnneBonny
    Identity V

I'm hoping Outlast Trials turns out well, or at least better than Outlast 2 lol

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Same. I didn't think Outlast 2 was a bad game, but it's story and gameplay were lacking compared to Outlast 1.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I'd say Identity V because it's so similar, but the art style and how they portray the game is intended for a different audience. With that, I don't think it will ever be a serious threat to dbd. Also it's a mobile game.

• AnneBonny
    Identity V

yeah i can agree with that, i think outlast 2 had some incredible graphics and visuals though, i'll never forget the blood rain segment that made me so goddamn uneasy

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,160
    Other

I'm going to throw a wild card in, that has potential to muscle in on both "Dead By Daylight" and "Phasmaphobia" fan bases: "Haunt Chaser"

It's a bit of a sleeper, but saw it on the "GameEdged" channel, and it appears to be a sprawling 4v1 game, whereby 4 players go into an expansive building and grounds to collect evidence and banish the spirit within, played by the 5th person.

The chasers come equipt with various items that are both mundane and supernatural in design, some of which also can be used to temporarily banish or block the Haunt. Likewise, the Haunt has certain perks that help them locate, sneak up on and attack the chasers.

Alongide this, the Haunt isn't the only thing chasers have to contend with, as unexpected happenings, scares and scenarios also play out with the map, meaning chasers are constantly on edge.

Honestly, I don't think many other games will contend with Dead By Daylight immediately, but there's something about this game that seems to take decent ideas from both "Dead By Daylight" and "Phasmophobia" to make a decent game, and as it evolves it may become a bit of a sleeper hit.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,160
    Other

That's true, and these days they can be very quickly dismissed. But I do like the fact they've tried to find a niche, whereby the competitive 4v1 has been incorporated into such a premise. There does need to be a lot of polishing, true. Still, it is something that's not just a complete copycat, and if they persist, it could be a good rival.

Will it take over DBD? That's a hard "no". However, it's one of the more interesting takes on this gemre.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Evil Dead seems to have promise. But my fear is that these sort of games are doomed to fail. After Friday 13th, DBD is the exception.

Predator: Hunting Grounds and RE: Resistance were ok...for a week. They're both not games which will capture attention for the long term.

Hands up to be a cynic, but I wager Alien: FireTeam will be another tepid offering. I hope I'm wrong.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

It's either evil dead or nothing