Survivor Splitscreen?

Options
KiraElijah
KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
I would like it if I could play splitscreen survivor with my friends, who else agrees?

Comments

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

I think that'll be a resounding no :( - I wouldn't be keen ...alas split screen is dead these days (unfortunately)

• KiraElijah
    Options

I think that'll be a resounding no :( - I wouldn't be keen ...alas split screen is dead these days (unfortunately)

I miss the days of splitscreen 
  • FengMinLithe
    FengMinLithe Member Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree and wish they would implement this feature.
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options
    I have always hated splitscreen, but maybe because the only local multiplayer games I grew up with had all perspectives on the same camera.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

It would be nice, but it would have one major issue :
    Splitscreen is actually VERY ressource consuming for the console. And dbd seems to already run at rather poor FPS on console. I wouldn't suggest it.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

What @Runiver said.

This game is already poorly optimized. Rendering the world a second time for a split screen would just make it cry.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@PigNRun said:
    I have always hated splitscreen, but maybe because the only local multiplayer games I grew up with had all perspectives on the same camera.

Well that’s not split screen then, split screen is when everyone gets their own screen, that’s just local. Anyway, there is NO WAY this game could handle it

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177
    Options

Are we gonna ignore the info income from split screen?
    SWF intensifies*

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@ACoolName said:
    Are we gonna ignore the info income from split screen?
    SWF intensifies*

I’ve played with my PS4 side by side, I’ve experienced this level of info... it doesn’t do that much, at that point it’s the same info, only a bit faster

• KiraElijah
    edited September 2018
    Options
    4.1k views
    Post edited by KiraElijah on
  • KiraElijah
    Options
    @Master @RuneStarr @Vietfox @Camperface I’d like to revive an old discussion
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Options

@KiraElijah said:

....I am 100% lost here.
    but since I'm here anyways...
    Split screen would suck, besides making consoles explode due to how they barely handle 1 player's game (until DbD actually gets some console optimization), I want the full screen to see when some sneaky pig or myers is coming my way.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@KiraElijah said:

Performance is too bad for splitscreen.
    Also in nowadays age of gaming, every kid sits in front of his own monitor tbh^^, splitscreen wouldnt get used by a lot

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    I can bump it if you want, but i honestly doubt they'll add this feature
  • KiraElijah
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    I can bump it if you want, but i honestly doubt they'll add this feature
    Please do
  • aras1377
    aras1377 Member Posts: 55
    edited September 2018
    Options

splitscreen wont happen to the game most likely , because it impossible and it will take a lots of process , splitscreen is awsome , but the fact is , its impossible for this title,i'm one of the fans of splitscreen option and i think it will be a miracle if it happen to this game and i love it ,but you know these days devs dont really care enough about adding it we'd be happy if they do ,but in the other hand if it doesn't happen, its possible to add lan offline locally , devs already told me that it might happen to the game in the future , so its possible , just plz vote for lan multiplayer to make this game playable for ever , lets just vote for something thats possible , not somthing thats not gonna happen

• KiraElijah
    Options
    9.2k views.. back up it goes
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

Nah it'd be bad. If me and my brother could do that on our Xbox, the sheer power we'd have is ridiculous. We'd be like a SWF on steroids.

Bad idea, sorry.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options
    No... Good lord no... We have enough to deal with as killers when we have to deal with people on voice chat communicating. Allow two survivors to have total PoV of where the other is looking? No that won't be abused. NOT AT ALL...