The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Who at BHVR decided Billy needed nerfed more than Spirit?

It feels like they can’t even hide their blatant bias for certain killers. Half of the anniversary screens were about spirit, so it’s not surprising that they have been silent on spirit’s problematic power for years.

Billy literally needed some add ons nerfed, and he would’ve been completely fine. But no, they ruined him and one of the fun killers that was common to go against is gone. The only thing keeping them from reverting some of the changes is embarrassment that they made a horrible nerf, and that’s a silly way to handle balancing of an online game.

It’s sad that legion is way more common than Billy, they did him & everyone who invested time into him dirty.

Comments

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Yeah, it just comes across like they play favourites with killers. Huntress had the same issue as him with problematic add ons (exhaustion hatchets lasting forever and iri head), and they changed those without ruining her. So silly.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

This is genuinely one of the times BHVR made a decision that made so little sense, especially when they introduced the change to Hillbilly by saying he's in the right spot in the patch notes.

Playing the Hillbilly, he is certainly not as weak as some believe him to be, and there is room to maneuvre. He still has really good potential. He's still the killer I enjoy playing as most (win or lose) because he's just so damn fun and chaotic! A few survivors I've faced have said the same, and that he has that fun chase potential.

However, the cooldown was an especially strange decision, considering he already had a strong counter, in that revving around loops slowed him anyway, and accidentally fully activating the power whilst revving - or even missing - would cause him to fly off into the great beyond.

There has been so much potential missed with other players choosing other, more viable killers. And BHVR have missed out on capitalising on one of the most fun killers to chase with or be chased by. It is a shame. I'm normally more even-headed when it comes to criticism of BHVR, but this is one of the few times I actually cannot see any of their logic.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Because BHVR interactive is big brain and they just know better regardless of if even after almost a year of this being a thing people still hate the Billy nerf

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

Hey at least billy boi got that amazing beach skin though, when his buff comes I'm gonna look fabulous.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

I genuinely believe it will happen, what concerns me is when that would fit in on their time line, I don't expect it this year that's for sure :/

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

Is it a new skin in the shop or rift? I haven't seen it yet.

• Looney
    Looney Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2021

I'd guess they really aren't touching spirit at all since spirit is basically the queen of cosmetics. If I recall correctly she has the most cosmetics for the killer side at the moment.

EDIT: Checked, she has the 2nd most cosmetics in the store behind legion.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Legion are technically 4 killers anyway. It's safe to assume she's the 1st.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

Nerfed Mori's - Left Key's.

Are we sleeping on that?

• the_new
    the_new Member Posts: 175

because he can do something that's fun

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,430
    edited August 2021

"We really like how billy performs, he has solid counterplay, is fun to play as, and also is fun to play against. His gameplay is engaging for both sides and we like where he is at in terms of strength."

"So here is this big nerf to billy."

• NeverEnoughCaffeine
    NeverEnoughCaffeine Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2021

Except Almo has stated many times that he DIDNT do the Billy rework.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,030
    edited August 2021

You are new to the game?, BHVR always get rid of the funny things on the game, but the boring things they let them be

• WexlerWendigo

Thanks for making a totally irrelevant point to the thread? Lol. They just nerfed keys recently, old mori’s were more broken than keys thus it makes sense for them to be changed first.

• WexlerWendigo
  • Vraixen
    Vraixen Member Posts: 30

it is not a matter of nerfing spirit... spirit does not needs nerfs.. the gameplay itself is problematic. that's the thing that people don't understand and keep asking spirits nerfs

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Just compare huntress and Billy’s add on passes. Both were considered pretty fair A tier killers who had OP add ons

• WexlerWendigo

The devs aren’t capable of keeping her at the same level of strength after a rework, it just is too hard for them. May as well ask for a nerf cause that’s all we can get

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Because too many devs got reverse chainsawed while hiding in a corner.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

As the devs love their stats I'd be interested to know Billy's current pick rate

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    edited August 2021

That's what makes me think that Trickster was just the staff fulfilling their own wants. The anniversary screens were just a bunch of fangirly blurbs like "he's so sassy! I love kpop and anime!!".

It feels like they're more working off of bias with the game and not what's best for it or what the audience wants.

• NeverEnoughCaffeine
    NeverEnoughCaffeine Member Posts: 26
    edited August 2021

Almo complained the most? Out of all 200+ Devs you can factually say that he complained the most, you must know some people to have talked to all of them.

This is why Hex: Huntress Lullaby was changed, not because Almo has a hard time hitting skill checks. But no one wants to believe this is the reason because it dosent fit the narrative of making fun or ######### talking the Devs.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

but spirit is fine atm? only thing you can hear during phasing are non iron will users and having iron will as one of the most used perks thats not a lot to work with usually. she's fun to play as, not against, just as any instadown killer, except billy if you're new to him i guess.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

Oh yeah, let's remove unique synergies that give people actually a reason to consider running this perk while at the same time not buffing anything else to compensate, that totally makes sense!

• PsychoTron
    PsychoTron Member Posts: 348
  • Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

people here once again point fingers at Almo for Billy’s change when in reality he never worked on his change look at this

He never worked on Billy’s overheat. Yes even though he kept saying Billy was op with curves. He talks ######### all the time he says stuff all the time on stream but he doesn’t actually mean it. He did some good things he never nerfed huntress he made Doctor a better killer and he fixed the struggling mechanic. But everyone ignores that and only knows him as the guy who nerfs everything

• Itslat3ncy
    Itslat3ncy Member Posts: 353

I always gets used in chase it's not even close to useless. You stop dead hard basically every time

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

By the way, why do you guys always magically show up to defend him when he could simply join the conversation and explain things himself?

Maybe it would be nice if the developers were a little more transparent and talkative to the community in the official forums of the game, which is what they should be made for.

It's been a year since Billy went from one of the most popular killers in the game to critically endangered status and other things that people have been complaining for a long time like his buggy animations, still haven't been fixed yet; people just want explanations.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

The reason Billy isn’t picked is because he is a hard killer that you have to sink some time into to play well and a LOT of maps are terrible for him.

Only reason people picked him is because of old insta saw which made him super easy and forgiving to play. Anyone could play that.

His overheat mechanic was barely a nerf and I cringe every time people say Billy was gutted. He is still basically the same.

I don’t think he needed an overheat mechanic but let’s stop saying he is gutted. Because he’s not.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

I didn't know he was fun to go against.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I don't usually agree with you but with what you are saying now I do agree.

Honestly they could've just done the huntress approach "does not stack" that way people would not just use insta saw and crack billy which were the only busted stuff on Billy but no they decided to make a really bad decision and butcher Billy and his addons are a joke with a few exceptions like lopro.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

I'm still pissed about the billy rework. I thought the rationale (from some old elmo twitch clip) was that the stats showed that the top 1% of billy players were "overperforming". Can't find the clip. Overheat mostly just removes the option of feathering the chainsaw, which was something good billy players were constantly doing. Either way, if that is true, it's even weirder given that bhvr always chooses to balance around the average player, but focused only on the top players for this one instance. The FOV and animation issues are just icing on the cake

100% agree though that spirit was a thousand times more deserving of a nerf than billy. Cannot believe that they are stubborn enough to ignore all the feedback regarding that rework

• DeadByFrameLag
    DeadByFrameLag Member Posts: 56

You want to know the truth? Because spirit has counters like nurse, but peoples dont know. Yeah, spirit can be countered so doesnt need a nerf. In my opinion billy nerf is completly useless but spirit shouldnt be nerfed too. (It got already nerfed with stridor nerf)

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,669

I want to remind you all that we have a no naming and shaming rule and this thread has devolved into a witch hunt, so I decided to close it.

I also want to point out that decisions are taken collectively, not by one single person.

This discussion has been closed.