Venting About This Event

What's awful about this event is that you are earning currency via a game-lengthening mechanic, but you can have the currency removed if you die. You don't lose bloodpoints if you don't escape, you just aren't given them in the first place, and iridescent shards take more games to earn if you die a lot, but you don't earn them and then 'whoops no, we will take some of those back now'.

It's incredibly frustrating to play a game to earn currency, spend time doing so, and then have it taken back. The 'survivors lose some because they die' logic has no place in currency. I can't even let the event team off for being new, because surely that's a game design no-no in general. Such a punishment is what causes survivors to play desperately toxic to escape, rather than just enjoy the game.

The system itself is frustrating. Survivors have no idea how much juice other survivors have collected. I've been into a game with 2/3 of a vial, managed to fill it up to almost full before the plant wilted and then was unable to find any more, died and went back to 2/3. Killers can see their hook auras and they don't have to run around wondering what percentage of a hook is left or how many hooks other people have partially drained without their knowledge.

And it's not even great for bloodpoints - if everyone goes into the game with 2/3 of the vial and then goes on a different plant, nobody even gets a bonus because we are locked out of completing them.

I understand the game has issues with gen rushing, but a fun event that everyone has looked forward to for ages isn't the time to test out new game-lengthening mechanics. And when the real game-lengtheners come in, I hope they don't include an extra punishment for not escaping.

This event is dire.