The Plague Rework.

The Plague is the least played killer. Why? Well I think it's because her power is boring.

When the killer is The Plague, one of two things will happen. 1. Nobody cleanses, resulting in everyone being injured all game until around the end. 2. People do cleanse, resulting in her getting corrupt purge, which is blatantly overpowered.

The first one is the most common amongst better players. And while The Plague isn't necessarily bad, her ability is just honestly boring and not that interesting. The Legion is the worst killer in the game but at least they're actually fun to play as, and against.

I think her sickness should have different effects rather than just being broken and coughing, like perhaps even reduce their action speed or give them other effects, such as blindness. And I think corrupt purge should work a bit differently as well. Here are some changes I think would be cool to see on The Plague.

1. The Plague can see the Sickness Meter of Survivors.
  2. Remove the brief slowdown The Plague receives after vomiting.
  3. Make Survivors sickness meters increase even while walking, and stop only while not moving.
  4. Auras of Pools of Devotion will not be shown to Survivors until their sickness meter is filled.
  5. If a Survivor cleanses before their Sickness meter is filled, the Pool will not be corrupted.
  6. While broken from the sickness, Survivors will also suffer slightly reduced action speed, and harder skill checks. I would imagine it would be harder to repair a generator while coughing and vomiting profusely...
  7. With each time a Survivor cleanses in a match, it will take longer and longer each time they do it, similarly to waking someone up against The Nightmare.
  8. Corrupt Purge should need to be fully charged to use it. Partially charging it and then letting go will just cancel it.
  9. Give The Plague her own terror radius and chase music.

These are just some changes, she could use more. But really though, The Plague is barely played and I very rarely go against her, I think she could use a rework.

Comments