Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

BT isn't a viable anti tunnel perk (in solo queue)

When players complain about tunneling everyone always comments saying "Bring Borrowed Time".

I'd understand in a SWF standpoint, but what about solo queue? Bringing BT doesn't stop YOU from getting tunneled if YOU bring it. Bringing BT helps your teammates, but there's no telling if people will bring BT in solo queue.

Comments

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Totally agree. We need a reverse BT. When you get unhooked, if you have that perk you get the BT status.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182
    edited August 2021

Misunderstood the original ask. My only question is how would such a perk work with BT? Would you get two endurance effects? I totally see your point but it would not really alleviate the crappy solo experience it would just slightly flip it "oh wow that was a waste of BT, that dude had the perk to give himself endurance"

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

If you have to make an unsafe unhook, you're always hoping for a swap at best. It's not about protecting yourself from the killer; it's about protecting your injured teammate from getting tunneled.

Not that that always works. It's common to get slugged while they tunnel the person you just unhooked, even after they've taken an endurance hit. But I digress lol

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited August 2021

I hear a bunch of laughs-in-clicky-click for some reason...

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

All I would do is give the survivor endurance if they unhook themselves, if they’re running BT.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

My Ante Up Slippery Meat build would love this!

I have to start attempting escapes ASAP if I want to get all 6 tries; however, if I escape the hook on the first or 2nd try, I'm going right back onto the hook (unless I bring Dead Hard / Breakdown, in which case I go down 5s later, or just get slugged)

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

BT is meant to give the rescued one extra life to survive the immediacy of the unhook.

Nothing stops tunneling. It can only be delayed.