The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What would be your final straw to stop playing this game?

Besides the obvious answer (technical reasons), what would make u stop playing the game completely until it is changed?

Im a mid 2020 player so the most annoying things so far are the constant tech issues, but in terms of perks/killers i haven't experienced anything too broken (like old legion). Right now the only thing that bothers me is RPD and i would 9/10 dc if i get that map as half the killer roster

Comments

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

If I don't feel like I'm having fun when I'm winning and it's supposed to be a close clutch game, that's when I know I should leave.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

I have no idea, I'm still playing even after they terribly messed up Ace (seriously can not underestimate how much he got screwed from the character updates, aside from Kate he's the only survivor I think got worse. I literally changed mains because of that update).

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

I honestly don’t know when I’m going to quit. I have too many waifus in this games.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Only drastic changes to the core gameplay would stop me playing for good. For example I wouldn't play the game if pallets, windows etc didn't exist or nerfed to the point where you should stealth 99% of the game.

I wouldn't even stop playing if I lost my progress (again), presuming I am refunded BP. (Although I think I heard somewhere if you lose your progress more than once you don't get refunded? Unsure if true...).

It'd have to be very very drastic to stop me playing altogether.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I think it would only be if my technical issues were unbearable

• OrionQc24
    OrionQc24 Member Posts: 283

the inability for the devs to balance it so it’s fun for both sides. Aka cheating killers and SWF

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Why comms? Just generally curious since I am for that.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Honestly, when something better grabs my attention. I usually play a game for 2-3 years intensely before I move on to greener pastures ^^ I have been playing since 2018 tho and this game is still bringing me joy!

Something drastic would need to happen for me to stop playing however. Maybe like an update the makes one side stupidly op compared to the other. Something like that.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

I think the only thing that would get me to stop for good is if I woke up one day and EVERYTHING was gone. If my account reset, I'd probably flat out quit.... maybe.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

The only thing that could make me stop is me getting bored of the game.

Took me 5 years for the previous online game I've played, and I started DBD ten months ago.

• Lenox
    Lenox Member Posts: 234

More errors and higher than 10 minute queues.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I can’t think of anything that could possibly make me quit this game. I know it has a lot of it’s ups and downs but at the end of the day I do enjoy playing it.

I guess the only thing that bothers me the most is maybe the grind.

• Lenox
    Lenox Member Posts: 234
  • JohnnyB87
    JohnnyB87 Member Posts: 96

I don't even know why killer complain about this....it's an easy perk to counter.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

If I no longer have fun playing it.

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452

This would it be for me too I think.

Other than that, I just take breaks now and then. This rift has nothing special in it for me, so I don't feel the need to grind the rift this time. So that way I can take a break from the game.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Maybe they mean "comms without the option to mute all by default"

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,956

Them somehow nerfing solo survivor in a way would be the final nail in the coffin for me

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

For me its the fact they are too slow to patch thing if i find something is broken i dont play or rarely play example the hook bug i did not play the pallet and breakout bug i did not play and right now the new detection for a pallet hit i dont play i find it unfair that i can get stun while i turn the corner and its like that for a long time now and the fact survivor are favor at the pallet and ping dont matter in that

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Devour Hope/Wraith (bad (to me)) rework.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Performance. The way the game breaks Xbox every update. I finally found a goat to sacrifice for a Xbox series S so that should hopefully help me for future updates but no holding my breath on that.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

I honestly don't know. I've stuck around even after the disaster that was the Resident Evil chapter release. I think what would be the last straw for me would be losing all of my progress. I've spent a lot of time, money, and effort on this game.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759

The supposed general health idea that the devs plan on doing failing. If they can't fix their own game, then we should support them any longer.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

If I lose my progress and they wouldnt help me get it back, I would stop playing this game for good.

Also if the game starts to move in a direction I dont want it to, but so far its fine, it just takes them ages

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

When they nerf Trapper it’s time for everyone to jump ship.

• nutmilk420
    nutmilk420 Member Posts: 153

I've only seen footage cause I use console for everything(weirdly). it looks promising but also like one of those games that'll stay in alpha state for eternity i hope im wrong tho. More so psyched for the upcoming Ash vs Evil dead game it literally looks like ash got tired of the entity's BS and made his own game.

That and I'm praying dying light 2 brings back be the zombie mode. I have a crazy theroy that Be the zombie inspired ded by daylight idk why..

• AuroraOnline
    AuroraOnline Member Posts: 9

I stopped playing just before nemesis went live. I'm done with killers being released that aren't strong/ fun to play as but also have such strong anti loop that the only way to win against them is to "genrush" and hold w and pre drop pallets. I feel like the fun part of the game is the looping, as survivor right now it feels brainless and boring which is frustrating, and as killer it feels like even though my chases are short the guns are done by the time I get a 1k.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276

Honestly, the devs. If the decs openly acknowledge that they know the game is in serious need of health updates and then say they aren’t prioritizing it, I’m done.

Right now I can force myself to accept that they’re just ignorant to how bad the performance and overall game health is. If they say that THEY KNOW AND they aren’t gonna do anything about it, that’s it for me.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
  • CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

If they stopped supporting console or removed the servers & went back to killers hosting matches.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

I've been highly disappointed with almost every single one so far. I dont really care that much about the graphics of the game and if it was purely a face lift that didn't change anything balance wise i would've far more middle of the road on it but thats not the case is it now.

• Mileena_Kahn
    Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600

I’ve stopped playing already as well. 2021 DBD doesn’t even feel like Dead By Daylight. Unnecessary map changes that deleted memories I had of the game, unnecessary perk changes for both rolls. It just doesn’t feel the same anymore. Game is getting worse as the months go by in my personal opinion.