The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What would be your final straw to stop playing this game?

124»

Comments

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I've more or less retired from DBD. Awhile ago it was all I'd play and I had fun. Played a bunch of Killers, had a couple Survivors leveled for when my GF & I would play together. It was so much fun. But eventually performance issues and the terrible attitude of the playerbase drove her to stop playing. So I just focused on as Killer for a good while...but now seeing month after month of performance issues...I've barely kept to more than a match or two a week.

Just not having fun when I'm fighting the game AND Survivors at the same time so often. BHVR wanting to keep the gravy train of new Chapters and new Rifts and just mildly attempt to placate us console players ensures I probably won't ever play the game as heavily as I used to.

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347

Players don't have an incentive to sweat at the game, we need rewards or more content. The game doesn't reward you for beating good players.

We can even see where we belong or how much MMR we have, would be cool to be a top 5% nurse which everyone in the lobby could see

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

Right now. The toxicity, the SBMM, every other thread is about brining FNAF into the game so we have many children playing now. A lot of my friends stopped playing. A lot of the CC's I have been following stopped playing and starting to stray from the game.

I am only around right now, because of the grind (finish the current tome).

• Babawizwiz

Yeah i could see BHVR tiring everyone out with their same update schedule. Slow bug patches, boring chapters, overhyping licensed chapters and disappointing everyone, same rifts, same events, very slow balance changes.

• ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal Member Posts: 326

When I finally get sick of all the toxicity. Between camping and tunneling killers and survivors who are rude after match even when I don't camp or tunnel them.

• deadbybums
    deadbybums Member Posts: 82

I'm currently at this crossroad now. I've been playing for 3 years on and off, 99% survivor. Only ever played a handful of killer games and always hated it. Killer gameplay has always been so boring for me.

To be honest the whole game is getting to me now and hasn't been fun for a long time. I dont think introducing SBMM/MMR will fix this game, I think they're prioritising the wrong problems. I've enjoyed playing just survivor side for almost 3 years now and I think I'm finally done. Too much of the original game has changed to a point where everything is out of balance now. Literally the core mechanic of the cops and robbers style gameplay here is looping and the last 3 or 4 killers have all been designed to stop you doing just that. What's the point? Not even in a creative way. You give us trickster and nemesis who will literally insta down you through pallets, the one thing that's supposed to save you? I dread playing games with certain killers and it makes me want to leave the game because they're just not fun to play against. You know when certain killers come for you there's just no escaping them and the fact that we are having MMR introduced to take out the randomness of matchmaking and only out me into sweaty lobbies against OP killers.. well now I want to subvert my own gameplay and play with less skill than I have so I don't accidentally rank up and face more of the same. I like playing to win but you're forcing me to play badly at the game to stand more of a chance of winning and have fun?

I also think the entire perk system is a mess. 100 different perks to use and only about 8 of them are actually worth anything or have any value? Both killers and survivors have this issue. Everyone on both sides runs the same handful of perks. The games aren't varied anymore, they're all sweat meta messes. And least at mid to high rank games where I usually sit. I've purposely not played and deranked on the monthly reset in the hopes it will give me easier killers to play against even with MMR being introduced again. Not so I can crush easy killers, so I actually stand a damn chance of escaping.

And for reference this is from a solo survivor gameplay experience.

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

When it becomes consistently unfun to play.

At the moment, it's inconsistently fun, which is still an issue but the times where it is fun are sufficient to keep me coming back for more. But it is diminishing returns - survivor teammates that screw you over, killers who camp and tunnel - a seemingly complete lack of interest from the developers to implement any new interesting mechanics or even different game modes (like, how about 8 v 2, or a mode where survivors leave no scratch marks and killers have no terror radius/red stain, or there are additional objectives - I've only been playing this game for a few months and already it is feeling stale, I don't know how people stick with it for years on end).

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Continued neglect of quality and performance has already got me at the door with this game right here.

• Babawizwiz

Im with you 100%, i played the game since the Silent Hill chapter and have over 800hrs in the game. I would say im above decent in both sides but it amazes me how somebody can play this game for thousands of hours, especially content creators who play it every single day

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    edited August 2021

Last straw in 2017 for me was when devs gone to winters holidays when killers could use each other's power and survivors perks.

Imagine t1 Myers with a billies chainsaw and bond. That was a thing

• Babawizwiz

sadly for newer players like me, we would only get to experience the usual double bp and event offerings

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351

For me there is no one definitive straw. When I stop, it'll likely be because there are simply too many killers who ignore survivor counterplay (Trickster, Nemesis, Deathslinger, etc) and not enough killers that are good enough to not HAVE TO ignore survivor counterplay (Blight, Demogorgon, Wraith) I really wish Behavior would stop with ranged killers, and just release more really strong melee killers. They are way more fun to play against, even though they aren't worse.

The other possibility is if they release another few Chapter/Mid-chapter updates with little to no perk adjustments. I've been dissatisfied with the perk imbalance for years, and that might slowly drain away my willingness to play this game if they just don't care to ever make terrible perks like Babysitter or Boil Over even worth CONSIDERING running.

• Cosmin262
    Cosmin262 Member Posts: 117

removing stranger things...

• Babawizwiz

with the amount of useless perks in the game, they should be able to balance at least 3 in every patch. Yet it took them years to fix ds and OoO

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

a few more weeks of the game the way it is on console, to be honest