The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Just remove RCPD.

Comments

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 747

The Devs have spent months of work and a lot of money to bring this map into the game, there is no way they are going to throw away all those assets and all that effort away because some people don't like it. There are people who like it. I'm one of them, never played an RE game ever, but I like the look and learning how to play on it feels rewarding. If you or anyone else don't like it, that's fine, no one is asking you or anyone else to like it.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Thats funny how RpD rhymes with DC

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

Once survivors get used to the layout it will be the most survivor sided map in the game, there are literal infinites all over the place, numerous safe pallets, and lots of dark nooks and crannies to hide out in. It can be a mix of fun and annoying as killer because it keeps chases interesting but there's so much distance to cover that patrolling gens is impossible. The map is fun and something completely new to the game.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

I always thought the Map should be Like this

There is 3 Specific Variations to It

The Left Side is Blocked

The Right Side is Blocked

Second Floor is Blocked

In Customs you can have it all Unblocked

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

The map is horrible from a gameplay standpoint but it is likely going to remain exactly the same. The Devs can be pretty stubborn as evidenced by the fact that the game map has still gone untouched after it's rework.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Finally played it the other day and I love the map. I'm a sucker for interior maps though. The feeling of dread and claustrophobia when you see the killer lurking in a hallway you need to get through makes DBD feel like a horror movie.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

Yes, it looks nice, and I guess you're right about making it claustrophobic and immersive experience. But I feel like that's your taste (and a few people feel like that as well) However, in general people HATE indoor maps.

However, even if you like how it looks, it doesn't make it a good and functional DBD map, people in general don't care about "being in a scary movie" when playing DBD, this is more like an action game with a horror theme, not really a horror game. They want the gameplay to be fluid and the gameplay to be dynamic and a lot of other things that you didn't mention because that's exactly what this map lacks.

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213

My indoor map rate is close to 50% at some days and I hate all of them. Some of them are beautiful (RCPD, Midwitch), most are killer sided if he runs ruin-undying, some are pretty survivor sided (The Game), but I still don't enjoy them regardless which side I play.

It's not an issue of one single map which you play once a week anymore.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

I think this would be a reasonable idea. Call them RCPD - East Wing and RCPD - West Wing. Doesn't fix how byzantine the map is for DBD gameplay or how pallets are either God-tier or joke-tier with no in-between, but at least the map wouldn't be atrociously big on top of it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i just hope their license agreement allows them to make balance changes to the map and address some of the issues.

e.g. ripping some holes in walls where there were none in the RE series to allow for actually possible map traversal, adding a staircase or two, cutting its size, ...

if not, we're in for a world of pain.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,481

Its by no means a great map but boy would I rather play on RCPD than Haddonfield.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

At the very least, it needs a complete rework. It's bloody horrendous.

Shame. The Resident Evil series has plenty of locations that would of made for intriguing maps.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Heck, I just imagine your reaction if they ever brought Pinhead to this game and they introduced the Labyrinth-like-world in number two lol. The map is fine in my opinion, it does take a while to get use to but it's a challenge, fun, fustrating all in one.

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213

"the tiles"... If there are any. There is actually one decent tile on the first floor of the right wing. Rest of the map are just abstruse corridors where you might find a god pallet if you are lucky or you might find nothing except a death trap.

The only positive aspect of RCPD is it remains almost always the same with very little rng in there.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    edited August 2021

EDIT: The clip I originally had up was a Doctor using Static Blast not hitting anyone despite being in the room over, but @Aven_Fallen pointed out he had no Terror Radius. I showed it because I thought a room in the map straight up denied Doctor's power, oops.

Post edited by CheeseAnton on
  • Moisette
    Moisette Member Posts: 127

I'm upset by the map. I love how it looks and I was so excited to play on it. I can't play on it at all. It's just like watching a slide show and I often get booted out of the match or die quickly because I can't move. I can't do gens, I can't unhook anyone, I can't heal anyone, I can't run from the Killer, I can't do anything. I've gotten it several times and never once was I able to play.

I don't think it should be removed completely, but maybe made a little smaller. I'm sure my PC is the reason why I can't play it so I don't want to say just remove it.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,043

This happens because the Doctor does not have any Terror Radius (probably Tinkerer). If he uses his Blast at this point, it will do nothing.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

What would be better than "removing" or "deleting" a map would be, when they renew the license, to discuss fixing the map for a better dbd experience. Obviously in it's current state, a lot of killers suffer from map traversal to get to gens to whack survivors off them. Also, survivors suffer from map traversal to find gens and unhook teammates.

I know it's unrealistic knowing the devs, but that's what they should do.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

You're right, didn't notice. I just rewatched and saw him not have a red stain as well, oops.

Still doesn't change my mind on the map, but at least it doesn't have a specific room that stops a killers power like I thought.

• LiquidSwordsman
    LiquidSwordsman Member Posts: 50

This. I had that same feeling when I was playing against a Myers on the Hawkins map.

The problem is, most people here don't look at this or want a horror game anymore. Survivor and killer mains want easy plays and this map doesn't favor neither. That's why they're always hating on license maps or guest killers in general.

I'd say keep them coming. It makes matches more interesting rather than working on boring ass generators for 10-15 minutes.

• Demogorgeouse
    Demogorgeouse Member Posts: 361
    edited August 2021

There needs to be a rework for that map asap

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • DuneT
    DuneT Member Posts: 88
    edited August 2021

Great, someone can't hack the map and thus asks for its removal.

What's next? Someone can't survive every trial and asks for the removal of all killers perhaps?

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • chaxp
    chaxp Member Posts: 3

anyone saying the map is good is probably between grey-yellow rank. The map is not balanced for people who have 100+ hours of experience.

it’s double the size of red forest. Cringe.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

I love the map ;-;

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2021

I feel the map is ok depending on what killer i play, however Twins on that map is a ballache if victor is on one side of the map and you the other, it's like navigating everything twice on 3-4 floors.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Why is that evidence of stubbornness, as opposed to just them liking the way the map is now, the same way many people like RCPD?

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268
  • Coder

Exactly. I want to learn a good map. This is not a good map, that's the point.

• thisisntmax
    thisisntmax Member Posts: 231

what do you mean? all the vet players who came with the resident evil patch really like it :)

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I wouldn't mind it being removed.

It still crashes on Console and its ######### for both sides.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Haddonfield has stayed relatively the same for 4 years when the majority of the community has hated it. The devs can definitely be stubborn

• OtakaChan
    OtakaChan Member Posts: 181

All killers do is camp on that map. They don't even have to try with the ######### gen set up and all the hallways. They could have spread them out way better. All killers have to do is stay in the hallway to guarentee free hits and downs. Its really rediculous.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Let's see... when someone says it dislike the map, it's not talking about aesthetics... Yes, the maps looks great and if you're a RE fan you will love it... but aestethically.

Gameplay wise, the killers have a hard time navegating it, you can see a hook at your side, but actually it's in the other room that you need to walk half the mat to get to it.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Split it in two. Bottom half for one map, top half for another map. Put barriers blocking entry to the other level on each map. That'd most of the problems solved right there, AND we get more than just the one map. It'd have way more difference than the 5 identical Badham Elementary maps.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

I really like how the map looks, But good gravy is it awful to play on. I think instead of removing it, it should be reworked. Maybe split the map into two parts and create more ways to navigate the map (More doorways, Holes in the walls/floors, etc.).

• Dr_Gaster
    Dr_Gaster Member Posts: 243

This map has never annoyed me in any way. Why do you dislike this map?

• ggsk
    ggsk Member Posts: 48

RCPD is annoying map, I got motion sickness again and again in this map,

Rule violationed hatch,Hell library,

• Coder

Because it makes no sense. It's like having the hatch on the upper level of The Game map, if you jump in you just go to... the bottom level.

Sure, it's a "magical" hatch, but it kinda makes little to no sense.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited August 2021

i agree, it's very new and refreshing, tho..this post sounds sarcastic and i actually like the map

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Many people at the time criticized the over abundance of safe pallets. If I remember correctly, the Devs entirely ignored all of this criticism and the map has gone unchanged since. Perhaps stubbornness was the wrong word to use but it's quite apparent that the Devs often disregard even genuine criticism when it comes to map design.

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

Cope.

The point is that your opinion is yours and my opinion is mine.

The map is pretty good, just learn it. If you don't like it it's your problem, a big part of the community hates the map, another big part doesn't give a sh*t, another big part actually likes it. Your point is that you just don't like it and want it to go away because you probably can't handle things you don't like, which is fair but don't give you any right to neglect others harmless opinions since you're freely stating yours in this forum, in the 500th post in this forum already leaking the floor because a really loud, not neccesarily big, portion of this community can't handle another closed map. This already happened with Midwich which is a lovely well done map.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

We get it a youtuber said its a bad map now you don't like it. Quit the bandwagon already.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

THANK YOU! Yeah it needs some tweaks like block off some hallways and close up some doors (and fix that god awful window in the office area) but other than that the map is really fine.

• Coder
    edited August 2021

I win 99% of my matches as Doctor in The Game map, because I know the map like the back of my hand. Yet people complain a lot about so many pallets and being survivor sided, that it needs to be reworked, etc...

I win, so it's their fault because they didn't learn the map.

Post edited by Coder on
  • Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

I understand that people dislike the map, but there are people who do like it, so removing it is out of the picture.

Just keep on playing the map, learn the layout, and form strategies to adapt to it. Legit looks like we're getting to a point where people will DC because a map has a specific loop they can't use their power at or because they don't understand the layout day one (Exaggerating, but you get the point).

I've been subjected to both Blight and Billy on that map, but instead of getting mad or DCing, I played the match without feeling bad about losing and just enjoyed the match. The map is extremely consistent with only a select few pallets that can change placements, so once you learn it, you're set.

• LiquidSwordsman
    LiquidSwordsman Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2021

So basically like 70 percent of matches are killers running devour hope/noed that can either end the match prematurely or put it in a 15-20 minute excruciating totem hunt, but yet people are complaining over a map being too hard to scout or taking up too much time, even though it's clearly simple to learn the areas by just playing it more often.

Got it.