Why Do You Camp Pallets?

Options
PigMainBigBrain
PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
edited August 2021 in General Discussions

Simple question to all the survivor players out there....why are you still doing this?

I got schooled a long time ago by a survivor main about safe and unsafe pallets, and why camping pallets in general is stupid. I was still new to the game back then but I listened to that guys advice, and he was right. Camping pallets as a survivor was a trap, each and every time. Since way back then I don't really focus much on the new survivor strats but I pay enough close attention to where I know whats going on.

My thing is....those situations that guy explained to me haven't been deleted from the game. I watched that guy play for hours juking killers left and right, skipping from loop to loop, never camping a single time and looping killers for an entire round until they sometimes would DC.

But as a killer player, I play from the side of death at all times.....yet...I haven't seen a survivor play like this guy since damn near....2019?

Survivors still camp pallets....don't chain loops....don't skip from loop to loop.

So ######### happened?

I went from being paranoid that I would encounter players like him....to being shocked that these types of players are vanishing.....so whats the deal? Why are survivors still camping pallets? Why didn't everybody upload this guys strats?

Comments

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886
    Options

Because happy brain juice goes brrrrrrrrrrr on a pallet stun.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

If you mean wait at a pallet a few seconds - generally if I am doing that I am trying to get rid of my exhaustion.

If you mean people standing at a pallet for 10-15-20 seconds - no clue.

• InsatiableMop
    InsatiableMop Member Posts: 325
    Options

Some unsafe pallets maybe if you know the nearest safe place to go is a bit away sometimes you need to make sure you get the stun to make the distance, but that's I guess maybe camping the pallet for like a second or two or trying to vacuum it not so much chilling by it, if you're chilling by it you are a detriment to your team.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    edited August 2021
    Options

I think the only killers I camp pallets against is clown/freddy on unsafe loops when I'm injured.

And it's usually because, either the loop is spammed with slowdowns that you go down if you don't or they do the thing where they throw their power down on one side and double back immediately.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,787
    Options

I would rather die than try to memorize the map spawns.

If you arrive at an awkward time and you're not that great at looping, the safer bet is to camp the pallet until the killer gets there so you can try to get a stun or force a break.