An Idea For The Level Gap Between 15 and 30.

I always found it weird that after the 4th perk slot unlock at level 15, nothing much happens till level 30 and could be boring to just plain grind to level 40 for both killers and survivors so I had this idea that what if we had 6 slots of perks for both sides?

WHich means that those 2 extra slots would unlock at levels 20 and 25 which would be a filling to this empty gap to add more progress to the charcters we play. This will also mean that universal perks will get more use also.

Alongside with this change, increasing the trinkets to 6 would be nice too. SO that both sides of survivors' pants will have trinkets and killers can show more of them on hooks.

What you guys think?

Also I find 4 perks too limiting for a proper build for solo survivor plays without a party.

6 perks on killers will be more fun too, increasing their options as well.

Comments

• SavageKukri
    SavageKukri Member Posts: 15

i think 6 perks is way too much bc you can run 6 meta perks while 4 makes you choose. 4 is supposed to be limiting. i like the trinket slots tho

• TacticalBanana
    TacticalBanana Member Posts: 29

I am aware of the risks but it will actually give more tools to play with for newbie players. It is still limiting since you can't still use all perks though. Jokes aside, having more toys to play with would be more fun for both sides like having more cake in a birthday. Who doesn't like cake?

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

Sure, but if 4 perks was a well balanced cake that's tasty, a 6 perk cake (a cake that was not originally planned to have more than 4) might become so huge it is constantly leaning and about to fall apart and has so much sugar a single bite could kill. Cakes were not meant to support 6 perks.

• SavageKukri
    SavageKukri Member Posts: 15

the thing is everyone would abuse it and dbd would go from having fun moments to ball-dripping sweat meta perks. maybe they could lower the level that teachables start appearing but i dont like 6 perks

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

I feel like just increasing the number or perks on bloodwebs would be nice, especially earlier on when you usually only get 1 so you don't even get a choice. This would also help with the grind a small bit.

6 perks is a bad idea. The game struggles to run with 4 and is only loosely balanced as it is. Allowing for more combinations, while a potentially fun idea, will lead to a lot of overpowered builds.

I have said in the past that the devs should allow more then 4 perks but only based on a point system. All perks are scored and each player gets a set number of points to spend on perks. This would allow for more combinations of builds and could also limit everyone running meta perks. If you really wanted more then 4 perks it would likely have to be done like this. It also fixes the issue or redundant perks that do the same thing, since the worse one could have a lower point value.

• TacticalBanana
    TacticalBanana Member Posts: 29

Yeah, It will make all charcters quite overpowered. Especially if they have many perks unlocked but I guess it's also my power fetish a little. I just find 4 perks too boring and it feels just half baked in a way.

The tryhard and unfun part comes from the gameplay premise of the need of blood points in order to grind and progress which in return makes people tryhards and abuse meta perks to get the most out of every match.

So in a way 6 perks might amplify it, it's not the reason why that would happen. So in a way how perks are aquired should be reworked too.