A small but impactful change to Technician?

Options

Would Technician be broken or problematic if its regression penalty for failing a generator skill check was 1% at max level (Instead of 3%)? I personally doubt it would be and if anything it would be an even better beginner perk for new survivors who are trying to get better at hitting skill checks in general. Currently if a new player is using Technician and missing skill checks they're literally never going to get that gen done as 3% is actually a lot. I've seen new players regress a gen that others are trying to work on by missing all of their skill checks and.. It just never gets done and seems like a form of griefing whether intentional or not.

This is just an observation and I wanted to hear feedback here on whether survivors and killers think that that would be too much. I think that there's so many perks like this where a small numbers change would make a huge difference in people opting to run them more and help break up the meta!

Comments

• Top_Secret_117
    Top_Secret_117 Member Posts: 154
    edited August 2021
    Options

technician was allready reworked but I agree with your points here. Maybe a more beginner friendly system that still requires focus.

for every skill check succeeded gain a stack to a max of 3 stacks. When you fail your next skillcheck a token will be consumed, causing the gen to not regress and to just pause normally. If you should run out of stacks, a penalty of 3% will apply to regression.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Its penalty isn't 3% its 13% that 3% is an additional penalty to regression as a downside to the perk

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

This is a really good observation I failed to make! Thank you for pointing it out