How to make survivors join your lobby faster ?

Slayer
Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

How does the system works?

Comments

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Try spreading chocolate chip cookies around.

There is no way to make survivors join your lobby. Try playing in the evening, that's all I can say.
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

I think it's supposed to be related to how many people are playing survivor (80%) vs playing killer (20%). If the number of players trying to play killer is greater than 20% of the total active player base, they're going to have a harder time filling up a lobby because there are more slots for survivors to fill than there are survivors playing. On the flip side, if less than 20% of the total active player base is playing killer, their lobbies are going to fill up quickly, due to fewer slots for survivors to fill up, and consequently, survivors will have a harder time finding lobbies.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

@CoolAKn said:
    I think it's supposed to be related to how many people are playing survivor (80%) vs playing killer (20%). If the number of players trying to play killer is greater than 20% of the total active player base, they're going to have a harder time filling up a lobby because there are more slots for survivors to fill than there are survivors playing. On the flip side, if less than 20% of the total active player base is playing killer, their lobbies are going to fill up quickly, due to fewer slots for survivors to fill up, and consequently, survivors will have a harder time finding lobbies.

Yeah, unfortunately, it's just a problem with the genre as a whole. It's actually the main reason I'm thinking that asymmetrical games might not be for me. I have limited play time, and I'm already tired of being forced to play Survivor just to get enough matches in that time. In the end, I think I might just stick with MMOs, MOBAs, and Hero-Shooters.

I'm hoping that maybe Hide or Die alleviates that issue since all 16 players start on the same side, and end-up switching sides during the match as the darkness transforms them. I already see that Last Year: The Nightmare is going to have a similar issue to DBD (5 survivors to 1 killer), unless they go the Friday the 13th route and six people queue and the killer-player is chosen at random. But that way wasn't too popular in F13 from what I understand.

Post edited by Kilmeran on
  • Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

Whoops, double post

• AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

@Slayer said:
    How does the system works?

Get into green ranks? I think that's where the queue times are faster but still long. Or play on console where the horrible FPS creates a killer shortage.

• Slayer
    edited October 2018

@Kilmeran said:

@CoolAKn said:

Yeah, unfortunately, it's just a problem with the genre as a whole. It's actually the main reason I'm thinking that asymmetrical games might not be for me. I have limited play time, and I'm already tired of being forced to play Survivor just to get enough matches in that time. In the end, I think I might just stick with MMOs, MOBAs, and Hero-Shooters.

I'm hoping that maybe Hide or Die alleviates that issue since all 16 players start on the same side, and end-up switching sides during the match as the darkness transforms them. I already see that Last Year: The Nightmare is going to have a similar issue to DBD (5 survivors to 1 killer), unless they go the Friday the 13th route and six people queue and the killer-player is chosen at random. But that way wasn't too popular in F13 from what I understand.

I dont mind waiting to be honest i can wait there are just too many problems with matchmaking like it takes in people with high ping anticheat crashes lobby crashes longer waiting when three survivors waiting for one more etc so waiting in a lobby isnt a problem

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It's only an issue right now because of the poorly implemented event. Normally it's fine.

• Slayer

@Blueberry said:
    It's only an issue right now because of the poorly implemented event. Normally it's fine.

More like survivors nerf to me

• Blueberry

@Slayer said:

@Blueberry said:

If they're not playing because of that then it's just them acting like children. The changes we're quite needed and still much, much more to get this game closer to balanced. Most of them just don't realize how overpowered survivors are because they are simply not very good at the game.

• Slayer

@Blueberry said:

@Slayer said:

@Blueberry said:

If they're not playing because of that then it's just them acting like children. The changes we're quite needed and still much, much more to get this game closer to balanced. Most of them just don't realize how overpowered survivors are because they are simply not very good at the game.

Think im going to play survivor now more waiting for 20 mins to get people isnt fun at all

• Blueberry

@Slayer said:

@Blueberry said:

@Slayer said:

@Blueberry said:

Think im going to play survivor now more waiting for 20 mins to get people isnt fun at all

True, the bloodpoint gains on survivor are just trash unfortunately :/

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    @Blueberry WGLF. You can get up to 3 tokens by rescuing in front of the killer.
  • Blueberry

@Peasant said:

Much more situational than BBQ however, you've got 2 other people fighting you for those grabs.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Watch a movie series in the background, you will be surprised how fast survivors join and maybe it will be even so fast that you actually miss the game^^

• Peasant
    Blueberry said:

@Peasant said:

Much more situational than BBQ however, you've got 2 other people fighting you for those grabs.

The more people present the greater odds of the protection score event registering.
  • Peasant
    Master said:

Watch a movie series in the background, you will be surprised how fast survivors join and maybe it will be even so fast that you actually miss the game^^

For a second I thought you were suggesting I watch the two in-game cinematics repeatedly.